Shield keeps waking up seconds after sleep

mystiphi

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Since the update to Oreo, I have had several issues with my Shield walking up several seconds after I give the sleep command (either by remote or thru Google Home). I narrowed it down to a problem with the Shield by removing all other HDMI-CEC devices one by one. Upon looking at About, Status, Up time, the last wakeup application is always android (1000) which is not very helpful. Also makes me wonder if this is an update issue. Is anyone else seeing this?

I've toggled the HDMI-CEC power on buttons but that won't stop the Shield itself from starting on all the time and draining my remote battery along with needlessly sucking power all day. While that will keep the TV and soundbar off, it's not a true fix. Any help is appreciated.

Count Chokula

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I used to have the same problem of my Shield spontaneously turning on from sleep mode. I eventually isolated the problem down to the remote itself. Not being a fan of the Shield remote anyway (the input lag is horrible!), I un-paired it with the Shield and took out the batteries for good measure. Problem solved.