Future PC gaming streaming support?

kuhne

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I am seriously looking forward to the shield but I couldn't care less about the android gaming portion of the device. The only reason I would be buying this is for the streaming option, I already have a i7 920 machine with a gtx 770 gpu (talk about too much gpu for an older CPU) and have my whole house wires with cat5e and wireless n routers/access points. The shield would be my dream come true, I would just take it to any tv in the house and connect it with the hdmi out and basically play my pc games anywhere I want, or if needs be, on the shield screen itself.

Those who are married with kids know exactly why this sort of mobility is why the shield is 100% worth it. My problem? That the shield is a complete flop (it probably will) and nvidia does a dreamcast on us and drops support for it in a few years and no more streaming games.

Any chance o a type of root hack or something that will allow us to stream games nvidia doesn't allow?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have to admit, it would be nice to play games anywhere instead of being bound just to a PC or laptop.

And I love the Dreamcast, it had better hardware than both the ps1 and the n64. Really it was the hidden gem of gaming with my generation.

On a side note, you should upgrade to a haswell, I'm an and guy myself but to each their own.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

kuhne

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
This computer went as far as it can go, I may exchange the whole thing and get a new build on december with the same video card, maybe buy another 770 and sli but im not sure what im gona do yet, as of now, this machine should be more than enough to stream nvidia shield games.

SuperTongue

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I posted this in another thread, but I believe I saw somewhere that as long as the GeForce experience recognizes your game or you have it on Steam, you should be able to stream it just fine. I suppose we'll find out in a few days once the first few Shields hit buyers' hands.

fm123

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
There's always that chance, but I think part of the Shield was to get more testing out of the cloud gaming technology. Nvidia is investing heavily in cloud GPU to provide high end graphics to remote users and gaming to any display via GRID. So they need it work if they want to succeed on these other levels. That's partly why it's Beta level, this is essentially a wide beta test of the technology, which no other company has yet to show/provide to the general public.

As someone who works at times from remote log-in, it would be great to have a cloud GPU solution that is reasonably fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC