Who's liking their new phone?

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty excited to be getting mine. Performance and battery life is what is important to me. I haven't picked up my zfold3 in about a month because my Pixel 6 Pro wins on battery over that device and I'm hoping that this wins out over the P6 pro and stays cooler than the pixel as well.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm pretty excited to be getting mine. Performance and battery life is what is important to me. I haven't picked up my zfold3 in about a month because my Pixel 6 Pro wins on battery over that device and I'm hoping that this wins out over the P6 pro and stays cooler than the pixel as well.
Yeah, getting my Pixel 6 out in the sun isn't fun. This thing gets quite warm.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I'm looking forward to hearing some member reviews on this phone.. hopefully OnePlus did a good job with it

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking forward to hearing some member reviews on this phone.. hopefully OnePlus did a good job with it

I have a black One+ 10 Pro from T-Mobile. I upgraded from the One+ 9 Pro while T-Mobile was offering free upgrades.

Except for camera issues, that I think I've resolved via workaround, I've been very happy with this phone:
- it looks great
- it feels good in the hand (my phone is naked)
- I typically have excellent 5G (at this moment 47.3 Mbps) and the hotspot provides great Wi-Fi to my other devices
- the screen looks great
- as much as I tried about it, Oxygen OS 12 isn't really a problem or buggy

Issues:
- HDR Mode is a letdown for me as it is the default mode on camera app launch and it visibly degrades images
- when recording 4K video, the phone overheated after a few minutes
- I'd prefer a screen that provides a neutral display so my photo edits match what people will see on other devices

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Battery life is pretty stellar so far. First 2 days was trash so I did a factory reset and didn't restore apps from backup yesterday. Charged it to full at 6pm and now it's 1:39pm the next day and I still have 51% battery left on the first cycle after the reset.
4ac35c66ea0760ad152baef3d46f7624.jpg

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Nice early reviews and hands on ...I'm always interested in photos and cameras and if OnePlus has improved in that category..

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I have had this phone for the past 5 days and I am really trying not to like it to send it back but, I do like it. I forgot how much I really like OnePlus and their software.

This phone is really balanced and feels great in the hand. I love the power and the volume buttons separated on different sides of the phone.

FPS is super fast and accurate 100% of the time and facial recognition works like a charm. You can even set these 2 methods to work per app which I absolutely love.

My battery life started out really bad. I decided it was an app issue from a restore and did a factory reset and it has been really good ever since. I will say that even though the 65W charging is nice and fast my battery life doesn't seem as good when charged at those faster speeds. Maybe it's just me, and it could be but...

The camera seems decent. I think Pixel and Samsung S22U cameras are a little better but it's no slouch. I think with some software updates it could still improve some, we shall see.

Updates are a little slow to come to this device as I am still on May's security patch, but this could also be some fault of it being the T-Mobile Variant but I see in the forums that the internal variant just only received June's so it may not be all of tmobile's fault.

OnePlus just throws useful things in with both security and gestures plus a few visual aesthetics.

The phone so far has stayed cool unlike my Pixel that tends to absorb the heat of the day and makes it a little warm, I don't get that with this phone.

Calls are clear and the ear piece is loud, have no issues hearing people on the other end of the call and vice versa.

I know this display doesn't get as bright as the S22 series, however I haven't had any issues seeing the screen out doors in the direct sunlight.

The curved edges are as rounded as in past devices (i.e op7 pro) and when you have a case on it, you almost cannot tell that there is a curved screen on it.

Like I said I'm really trying not to like this and the more I hear the rumors of the 10T the more I keep thinking that I might, and then maybe I keep AND still get it. Lol I have an issue and my wife tells me so all the time, trust me...

If I think of anything more I will add to this or if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
It's good to read all the input so far. What I wonder is what made you choose the 10 Pro vs. the Pixel 6 Pro or S22+ or S22 Ultra. Is it that the UI was the deciding factor or something else?

I had a 9 Pro for a couple of weeks and can say it was a nice phone and I got it at a good deal but ultimately I missed some features from the Samsung phones. So I returned it.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
It's good to read all the input so far. What I wonder is what made you choose the 10 Pro vs. the Pixel 6 Pro or S22+ or S22 Ultra. Is it that the UI was the deciding factor or something else?

I had a 9 Pro for a couple of weeks and can say it was a nice phone and I got it at a good deal but ultimately I missed some features from the Samsung phones. So I returned it.
I have a Pixel 6 pro, Zfold3, S22U as well hence the comment from my wife . But it should surprise her as it's been this way for the past 20 years that we have been together.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a Pixel 6 pro, Zfold3, S22U as well hence the comment from my wife . But it should surprise her as it's been this way for the past 20 years that we have been together.
I completely understand. I like to have multiple phones in the stable as well.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
So last night I charged my OP to 100% as well as my zfold3 I wanted to do my P6Pro as well, however I didn't have it charged up completely. So at 9:30 I went to bed and when I got up this morning at 6:40 I looked at my zfold3, it was at 91% and my OP, well you can see for your self below

Another reason to keep.
06bc9e1b0e4139362d803d42542abe48.jpg

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site

It's two-fold for me.
  • The T-Mobile "free" upgrade offer made upgrading from the 9 Pro a no brainer.
  • I haven't bought a Samsung mobile device since it was discovered they were paying an army of reviewers to post fake negative user reviews on social media.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could have got mine for the free deal but my line already had the pixel 6 pro for free still active and they won't do 2 phones on the same line at the same time for that deal.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's two-fold for me.
  • The T-Mobile "free" upgrade offer made upgrading from the 9 Pro a no brainer.
  • I haven't bought a Samsung mobile device since it was discovered they were paying an army of reviewers to post fake negative user reviews on social media.

Say what? I have yet to hear that about Samsung. Crazy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007