I'll begin.

What I liked.
    • Relatively untouched build of Android with meaningful tweaks like a dark Material theme in the Settings
    • Main camera has been improved with OIS
    • Specs are (mostly) impressive, with 4GB of LPDDR4 and 64GB of storage on the top-end model that was being hyped
    • Battery is large, at 3300mAh
    • Back covers can be swapped for different designs, like wood or carbon fiber
    • Metal frame on the sides

What I didn't like
    • The design. I honestly thought the One looked better. The front looked pretty good but the camera placement on the back is just soft-of...odd.
    • Lack of NFC. While OnePlus did state that not many OPO users use NFC, I felt like this came at a bad time. A time when Android Pay is gonna roll out. And while not many users might care about NFC, me just thinking how a cheaper Zenfone 2 has it makes it pretty weird IMHO.
    • No Quick Charge 2.0 support. While many people could care about a rat's patoon rather than having QC, I felt like unless you charge your phone at night before bed, this might be an issue, especially if you're a really heavy user who ends up in the middle of the day with low battery. QC 2.0 apparently works with USB Type C as well.

What I'm not sure about
    • Qualcomm Snapdragon 810. So far, I haven't heard of any overheating horror stories, but if the reports of the downclocking of the A57 clusters to 1.8GHz are true and if that 49k Antutu score is final, then I would say that it might have been more logical to step back to a Snapdragon 808, mainly to improve power efficiency. Not to mention the reputation of the 810 is getting more and more troubled, even to some regular customers.
    • Wireless charging. I would've labelled this in the "Stuff I didn't like section", but I'm not big on it, so it's here.

Would I call this the 2016 flagship killer?

No.

I think that's an overused term and personally, I would prefer to call it "A phone with flagship performance without the flagship price" since it does do a lot of things a flagship could and performs nearly as well as one.
    07-28-2015 08:12 AM