I have a OnePlus Two, you have questions. Lets do this!

Russell Holly

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
oneplus-2-sandstone-black-back.jpg

Hey there,

You all know the drill by now. Hardware just hit my desk, so it's time to have fun. I'm going to go do an unboxing over on Periscope, you can join me over there or you can start firing your questions here. I'll be around all day, answering as many as I can. Lets play!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
There's a lot of questions from me. Here are some.

• How fast is charging the OPT?
  • How hot does the phone get under heavy use? Any signs of throttling?
  • How's the battery life so far compared to the HTC One M8 + M9 and OnePlus One?
  • Does the lack of NFC hurt the phone's functionality?
  • How fast is the camera's autofocus?
  • Does the fingerprint sensor work well?
  • How's the USB Type-C connector?
  • How does the phone feel overall?
  • Is OxygenOS 2 any good?
That's all.

anon(8562821)

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Will you send me an invite? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Joking aside, how different is the OS from stock Android? I'm running a Nexus 5 at the moment and it's my favourite OS experience by far, so I'd like to know that OxygenOS doesn't make any drastic changes to the detriment of the phone before I make the plunge and upgrade (if I do ever get my hands on an invite).

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Upon unboxing and powering on the device, what's the one thing that stands out the most?

Posted via the AC app

paeminem

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

- How is the audio quality when using headphones? Is the DAC chip any good?
- How well does the UCB-C plug fit into the connector? When plugged in does it move or is it well stuck to the phone?
- How is one-handed use on the phone. It seems to have a decent screen-to-body ratio. Similar to the G3?

Thanks in advance.

David Stammerjohann

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Does the USB-C allow for Video out? The OnePlus One didn't have any way to output video over Cable, so it would be a nice addition. Also, does it allow the phone to be charged while other devices are connected to the USB-C?

Russell Holly

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
There's a lot of questions from me. Here are some.

• How fast is charging the OPT?
  • How hot does the phone get under heavy use? Any signs of throttling?
  • How's the battery life so far compared to the HTC One M8 + M9 and OnePlus One?
  • Does the lack of NFC hurt the phone's functionality?
  • How fast is the camera's autofocus?
  • Does the fingerprint sensor work well?
  • How's the USB Type-C connector?
  • How does the phone feel overall?
  • Is OxygenOS 2 any good?
That's all.

1. Nonexistent
2. Like most phones, it got a little warm syncing my account. Nothing serious.
3. I've had the phone for 5 minutes. Will talk battery in the review.
4. Sure, if you use NFC.
5. Fast. Easily as fast if not faster than the G4 in daylight. Haven't tested night yet.
6. Amazingly well, actually.
7. Honestly not all that different from MicroUSB.
8. Heavy. Solid. Grippy.
9. So far it seems nice and minimal. I thoroughly enjoyed having the ability to turn their features off in the initial setup.

Russell Holly

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
You mention the software is different. What exactly is different from the version you saw earlier?

Some noticeable jank in our hands on, particularly when messing with themes and in the advanced camera settings. We were told it was a pre-production build and that things would be fixed in the retail version. So far that seems to hold true.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
1. Nonexistent
2. Like most phones, it got a little warm syncing my account. Nothing serious.
3. I've had the phone for 5 minutes. Will talk battery in the review.
4. Sure, if you use NFC.
5. Fast. Easily as fast if not faster than the G4 in daylight. Haven't tested night yet.
6. Amazingly well, actually.
7. Honestly not all that different from MicroUSB.
8. Heavy. Solid. Grippy.
9. So far it seems nice and minimal. I thoroughly enjoyed having the ability to turn their features off in the initial setup.

Looks to be a solid phone. It's rather unfortunate that I can't say the same for the company and that getting the phone could prove to be a bit of a chore.

gmhotch

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Russell, I notice you do much of the work on the One Plus One reporting....having said that how big of a difference does the 2 seem to be versus the One? Is it that big of a deal that we should ditch our OPOs and switch?

Russell Holly

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Russell, I notice you do much of the work on the One Plus One reporting....having said that how big of a difference does the 2 seem to be versus the One? Is it that big of a deal that we should ditch our OPOs and switch?

It feels like a much nicer device. Camera on the Two is better, fingerprint sensor is exceptional. Unless you need NFC to live, or it turns out Oxygen is garbage (I seriously doubt it, but haven't spent enough time yet) this is a solid upgrade in my eyes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon