A month later? This is ridiculous, OnePlus

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I defended them when they made all the fuss over NFC and their "flagship killer" motto, but it's officially been a month since the OnePlus 2 was released, and my invite position has not gone down once. I read the apology Carl Pei gave, but I still haven't seen a shred of evidence saying they've started giving invites to people who signed up. Now I've lost interest in the OnePlus 2.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
OnePlus as a company is a big joke.

I had hopes for them with the OPO.

With the OPT, they've more-or-less shown themselves to be clowns wearing ties.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I mostly brushed them off until I saw the design of the 2. If it had NFC I would still be willing to wait for it, but I was banking my purchase on getting a phone with mostly everything I wanted for $389. It's clear now that they still haven't sent out any invites (at least not in the "significant" quanitity they're claiming) so I'm moving on to the new Nexus phones.

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Got my invite 10 days ago and currently using the phone. So far it's great!

Posted via the Android Central App

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Way things are going now, they're producing like 100 unit per day :(

I bet new nexus 5 or 6 will be easier to get hands on.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Got my invite 10 days ago and currently using the phone. So far it's great!

Nice! I thought I'd be less annoyed by this, but week after week has gone by any no progress is made. How long did it take to get to you?

Sent using Tapatalk

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Nice! I thought I'd be less annoyed by this, but week after week has gone by any no progress is made. How long did it take to get to you?

Sent using Tapatalk

It did take a while, arrived on 11th September ordered 1st September.

So far it is going well, got 3 hours screen time and was on 55% battery still last night. The build time is amazing it feels solid.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I got an invite 6 days ago in my email I wasn't watching. Too bad! I didn't want to get one but I possibly could have given it away.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
It did take a while, arrived on 11th September ordered 1st September.

So far it is going well, got 3 hours screen time and was on 55% battery still last night. The build time is amazing it feels solid.

Ah, ok. That's not as bad as I was anticipating, but still a while. Glad to hear that about the battery though. I'm sure I could make it with that kind of capacity, I just wish I could order one sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beernugget

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Kind of stumble upon this thread, and my reply may be a little off topic, but you seem like the right crowd to ask as it appears we have some current and former OnePlus One users;

I just started using a OnePlus One and I'm VERY impressed with it thus far. Only thing is that the touch screen is a bit aggravating. Sometimes I gotta press quite firmly and for longer than I should for a touch to register, while other times i'll just be swiping up or down or whatever and suddenly a new app is opening or a I lose my browser page because apparently I pressed a new link. also i've been using Omni Swipe and I'm constantly turning Wifi and data off without even realizing it because the screen decides to be extra sensitive. It's a brand new phone. Any one else have a similar experience? Doesn't appear to be any adjustments in the Settings so I'm not sure a fix is possible. It's not a deal breaker, but can be damn inconvenient.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I got my OP2 today and I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far. I love my Note 5, but it's going to be in my drawer a bit while I put the OP2 through its paces.

alhadee12

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I got my OP2 today and I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far. I love my Note 5, but it's going to be in my drawer a bit while I put the OP2 through its paces.

I'm doing the same thing, I want to know if the 2 could actually be my daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lostlogik

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Interestingly, I had a One, which I was very happy with and unexpectedly received an invite for a Two earlier this week. Seemed churlish to let it slip by so paid the money and my new Two arrived yesterday. So far am very happy with it and will happily sell the One to help rebate the cost.

One niggle, which hopefully will be corrected by OP, is the screen dpi. Everything is huge and and having seen some people's screens after they've rooted and changed the dpi, I'm thinking I might have to go that way too.

No issues with heat, lag or battery that some seem to report, happily.

tmorisol

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
So much for being excited for this phone. I was about 2000 on the sign up list and now wanting to be all over social media I slipped to 25000. Got a Moto X and love it. Maybe next time Oneplus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1