OnePlus 3 - Lost Many Button and Settings and App Functions After phone Restarted Itself!

lady_Nina

May 14, 2020
Visit site
My OnePlus 3 was running low on storage. I decided to delete some pictures and videos to open up storage space. When I was almost done my phone suddenly turned off and when it came back on it was in recovery mode (or so it looked like, it was a different looking screen). When I booted it back to regular mode a pop up came up saying "OnePlus Launcher couldn't start" (or something like that)and then I realized I had lost many buttons, settings and app functions! :(

Here is the list of things no longer working:
- Recent apps button to the right of home button not working anymore. Won't do anything.
- Back arrow (which usually is present on the top left) inside some apps and settings menus has disappeared.
- Play store won't update or download any apps. It just keeps trying and nothing happens.
- When I go to developer mode, it has no menu. All it says is that " Developer Options are not available to this user". And yes, I have tried to go to About Phone settings and have pressed on the Build Number button 7 times (as advised on several help blogs).
- Since I can't access Developer Options, I can't back up my phone on my laptop either. Because I can't connect the phone to my laptop!
- Since I have no access to Developer Mode I also have no access to USB Debugging Mode. So I can't connect my phone to my laptop to transfer files.
- I can not access Users and therefore can not add or delete users.

I have spent literally hours on the internet trying to find a fix, to no avail. Here are the things that I have done:

- Deleted cache and data for: OnePlus Launcher, Play Store, Play Store Services, and Download Manager.
- Deleted Cache of phone in Recovery Mode.
- Turned phone off and on several times (Of course).
- Tried to update OnePlus Launcher, but couldn't because Play Store isn't downloading.
- Tried to download Nova Launcher, but couldn't for the same reason.
- Called OnePlus support, and although they were nice, they gave me 2 not so helpful options: 1) Send phone in for repair. 2) Factory Reset.

Please help?!
:'(

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Whats the storage on the phone you have ? They might be correct in mentioning factory reset to many issues.

lady_Nina

May 14, 2020
Visit site
Opps, I'm sorry. I'm new on here and had a hard time finding the OnePlus 3 Forums. How would I find it please?
And yes it was doing the same thing on SafeMode. But after literally HOURS OF RESEARCH on the internet and YOUTUBE I was able to fix it!
I did it by downloading Nova Launcher App from the APKMIRROR Website (after authorizing my phone to download from outside sources, and not just Google Playstore).
Thank friggin gawd. That was SUPER FRUSTRATING, specially because I couldn't even use OnePlus Switch to switch my phones, because you need a certain amount of free space to pack up your phone! Ugh very counter productive!

lady_Nina

May 14, 2020
Visit site
Thanks so much but I really didn't wanna Factory Reset my phone. And amazingly after literally HOURS of research I was able to fix the issue.
:)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Opps, I'm sorry. I'm new on here and had a hard time finding the OnePlus 3 Forums. How would I find it please?
And yes it was doing the same thing on SafeMode. But after literally HOURS OF RESEARCH on the internet and YOUTUBE I was able to fix it!
I did it by downloading Nova Launcher App from the APKMIRROR Website (after authorizing my phone to download from outside sources, and not just Google Playstore).
Thank friggin gawd. That was SUPER FRUSTRATING, specially because I couldn't even use OnePlus Switch to switch my phones, because you need a certain amount of free space to pack up your phone! Ugh very counter productive!
Glad you were able to solve it , thanks for the update

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12