I truly am marveled at this phone. Is it perfect? No. But it's damn close. There are people who are going to say, oh but the screen isn't 2k or that there is no SD card, etc. But to come out with this kind of phone and design for $399 is amazing. This is one of those rare android phones that is available in the US, that's actually symmetrical without an awkward design. Some phones here have wider chins on the bottom then the top just so that they can add antennas. However One Plus actually made this phone symmetrical which to me is surprising. If you are in hardware engineering, you will know it's not easy to keep function as well as design. A lot of people bemoan the fact that the company didn't add something (such as sd card slot) but you have to realize, maybe the engineers hit a limit on what they can do given their experience and money. This company doesn't have deep pockets like Samsung. So yes, it's easier to complain and say, why didn't they just stick something in the phone, but I bet the engineers had a tough time, even trying to make this phone as good as it is, for a lower price than its competitors.
    I also hope that a lot of people buy this and lot of manufacturers (Samsung, LG, HTC, Apple) get pressured so that they drop their prices even a little bit on their flagships. That's a win for us consumers but also a highly unlikely scenario given how few even know this phone exists. So before you bash this phone, just think about all the other phones in the US relative to their prices, and you can appreciate how much One Plus delivered. Now if they can somehow package this into a smaller 5 inch design, that would be grand. Maybe a update to One Plus X?
    libra89 likes this.
    06-14-2016 07:38 PM
    Glad you are liking your OnePlus device! They have been intriguing me of late, and it looks like their new line definitely has merit and a good following.

Posted via the Android Central App
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-14-2016 08:05 PM
    Per the king:

06-14-2016 08:24 PM
    I must admit, it is peaking my interest!!!
    Aquila and libra89 like this.
    06-15-2016 12:53 PM
    Ordered one right away. In all my years buying flagships dating back to 2009-2010 there hasn't been a phone in this price range that gives you just about everything a $700 flagship gives you. Definitely will be rocking this until something better comes along.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-15-2016 01:11 PM
    Apple and Samsung will continue to sell their phones at $700+ prices because a large chunk of that cost goes into marketing. Gotta make sure lil wayne and friends get paid (sigh). It is why OnePlus can price this at $399 with the specs it has. I will always support the underdogs.
    huntnyc likes this.
    06-15-2016 03:20 PM
    Ordered one right away. In all my years buying flagships dating back to 2009-2010 there hasn't been a phone in this price range that gives you just about everything a $700 flagship gives you. Definitely will be rocking this until something better comes along.
    To be honest, that vwas how I felt about my Nexus 4.

It's best to assume I'm being sarcastic. if I'm ever serious I'll type "/s" to make it clear.
    Aquila and H3aTeRzz like this.
    06-15-2016 04:51 PM
    I also believe this year, they'll truly focus on software. Hell they're building only one phone this year, so what else are they gonna do?

06-16-2016 11:35 AM
    I also believe this year, they'll truly focus on software. Hell they're building only one phone this year, so what else are they gonna do?

Agreed. This could be the start of something big for them.
    06-16-2016 11:52 AM

As far as we know they are only building one phone this year. They are not releasing a follow up to last years OnePlus X, but they did state that they are going to focus on a "...true flagship line...". That could mean one phone per cycle, or a multiple phones in the high end tier.

I hope they focus on software this year. They got rid of the invite system, released a really good device, now need to follow up with the software to keep the talk going in a positive direction for the company.
    Aquila and Wildo6882 like this.
    06-17-2016 01:34 PM
    I bet this phone will be one of the very few that get Android N right away. They seem to be really focused on software this year.

06-18-2016 12:01 PM
    The way i see it, for the price, it could only impress me and if that's not the case then back it goes. Money back no hassle guaranteed so. No loss there.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-21-2016 02:50 PM