So far, the general consensus on the OP3 is that it is a much-improved device overall, and certainly much better than its predecessor. I fall in the same boat too. Having previously disliked the OP2, the OP3 is a bit of a breath of fresh air for me, since it delivers great hardware at an even greater price with fewer compromises compared to the 2 (frankly, I feel that some of those compromises are actually meaningful, compared to the 2).

However, no phone is perfect, and this is where this thread comes in. What would you change on the OP3 so that it better fits your usage pattern?

To me, I would probably make the phone a tiny bit thicker to even out that camera hump and putting in a slightly larger battery. I'll also utilize a hybrid-SIM tray so that the second slot can be used for a secondary SIM card or a microSD card for storage expansion (though at $399 for 64GB, it's really not a huge deal).

So, what would you do?
    06-15-2016 07:17 AM
    Waterproof it, give it a proper USB 3.1 port, kill the camera bump (Though a case can give that) and add a micro SD slot (without sacrificing sim 2). That would basically be my perfect phone.

Maybe a bigger battery too, I'll have to see how it holds up.

It's best to assume I'm being sarcastic. if I'm ever serious I'll type "/s" to make it clear.
    06-15-2016 05:16 PM
    Engrave

= 4

lower on the rear case.
    That should actually be easily doable.

It's best to assume I'm being sarcastic. if I'm ever serious I'll type "/s" to make it clear.
    06-15-2016 05:17 PM
    Engrave

= 4

lower on the rear case.
    I'd make it custom as well.
    06-16-2016 10:31 AM
    Looks like a really nice phone for $399 but I'd make a few changes.

(1) dual front facing speakers
    (2) fingerprint sensor on back or side
    (3) switch function of down and up on notification slider
    (4) slightly thicker with 3300+ mAh battery and no camera hump
    06-16-2016 02:01 PM
    Wireless charging and water/dust proof, but for $400 I'm not complaining.

Posted via the Android Central App
    srkmagnus likes this.
    06-17-2016 12:03 AM
    I personally like the front fingerprint reader. Water proofing would be nice but I don't it. Just nice to have. I have been looking to leave verizon for a while for tmobile. The oneplus 3 is the device is looks to get me to leave. I ordered one the other day. If anything I would have liked to see the battery to be bigger. But in reality I am almost always near a charger. But for a lot of people that isn't the case and that's where a larger battery is nice.
    srkmagnus likes this.
    06-17-2016 12:39 PM
    Front facing speakers would be nice. However, I think moving the fingerprint scanner to the back would be nice too.
    06-17-2016 01:02 PM
    +1 for moving the FPS to the back and get even better screen-to-body ratio, a bigger battery and a hybrid card slot that allows dual sim and SD card.
    06-17-2016 01:29 PM
    I wish it was smaller but that's just me. Otherwise, it's almost the perfect phone for me.
    06-17-2016 03:48 PM
    +1 for moving the FPS to the back and get even better screen-to-body ratio, a bigger battery and a hybrid card slot that allows dual sim and SD card.
    Wouldn't do anything for screen to body ratio, if the fingerprint sensor was on the back you'd still have the capacitive home key there.

I prefer it on the front.

06-17-2016 05:38 PM
    Wouldn't do anything for screen to body ratio, if the fingerprint sensor was on the back you'd still have the capacitive home key there.

I prefer it on the front.
    Good point. The thing is, the 1+ 2 has a higher screen-to-body ratio mostly because the lack of FPS so the capacitive key is smaller. And this could even be improved. Obviously, if you have a front key already this is the most sensitive place to include it. I'm not saying this an error, just a wish since I prefer FPS at the back. This is what we're doing in this thread, right?

The important thing and this is a big fail from OnePlus, this great phone isn't available where I live! I'll need to wait until my next trip to Europe. So, come on guys, make it available in Brazil! Now!
    06-18-2016 11:45 AM
    Good point. The thing is, the 1+ 2 has a higher screen-to-body ratio mostly because the lack of FPS so the capacitive key is smaller. And this could even be improved. Obviously, if you have a front key already this is the most sensitive place to include it. I'm not saying this an error, just a wish since I prefer FPS at the back. This is what we're doing in this thread, right?

The important thing and this is a big fail from OnePlus, this great phone isn't available where I live! I'll need to wait until my next trip to Europe. So, come on guys, make it available in Brazil! Now!
    Actually the OnePlus 2 also has a fingerprint sensor on the front, so if the screen to body ratio is worse on the 3 I don't know what they're doing! Yeah, it's fine if you prefer it on the back, I'm just being finicky lol.

It is a shame, and if Brazilian network bands are the same as elsewhere there's no real excuse.

Javier P likes this.
    06-18-2016 12:09 PM
    Change the OS so it it would get updates sooner.
    06-18-2016 12:50 PM