It's here !!! Pics inside

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Just got my One+3 delivered. DHL delibered, order exactly at 12 pm PST on launch day. I'll have a good weekend

82da523de91e0b16c72c85e5e06178bc.jpg

15f9d580acb5eb50ef719012dfac43c6.jpg

630fb90cd35ff8cae8936b8eb5303bc5.jpg

b8aaf3d6a7031921eb623e4f9c0ad280.jpg

09d8091afb5f67e5f88c5eeb05751911.jpg

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Oh I am so glad I ordered the Karbon case now, that looks GOOD. Does it offer any front lip protection at all? I really do not want to use a screen protector if I can get away with it.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh I am so glad I ordered the Karbon case now, that looks GOOD. Does it offer any front lip protection at all? I really do not want to use a screen protector if I can get away with it.
The lip of the case is little raised but don't think it offers break protection. Personally for me I like slim minimal cases to prevent scratching and dings and this will do. The feel is awesome and adds no bulk so it's a win for me.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
That looks really nice. Please let us know how you like it after you've used it for a while. I'm curious about this device myself.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Did OnePlus start including their own email and calendar apps? If so, are they any good? The prior lack of those apps and the 1080p screen were what kept me from ordering. I know there are a lot of email and calendar apps in the store, and I have tried them all. They don't do it for me.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I ordered on launch day at 12pst as well, and not getting mine till Monday (priority shipping too).

:(

Phone looks good though!

Posted via the Android Central App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Did OnePlus start including their own email and calendar apps? If so, are they any good? The prior lack of those apps and the 1080p screen were what kept me from ordering. I know there are a lot of email and calendar apps in the store, and I have tried them all. They don't do it for me.
I don't see any email and calendar apps on mine. I use inbox and Google calendar so I'm good with it.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Congrats! The Karbon case does look good. How does the phone itself feel to you? Is the seem between the glass on the front going to the metal on the sides smooth and good looking?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Out of interest, if you don't like Google's offerings, and you don't like any of the ones in the play store. What makes you think you would like ones designed by OnePlus any better?

It's best to assume I'm being sarcastic. if I'm ever serious I'll type "/s" to make it clear.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Congrats! The Karbon case does look good. How does the phone itself feel to you? Is the seem between the glass on the front going to the metal on the sides smooth and good looking?

Phone feels great, right size. Way smaller and comfortable to hold even though it's 5.5 inches. I do own a lot of phones and this falls under well designed, with ergonomics in mind. Ranking which I prefer to use just keeping ergonomics in mind based on my experience is S7, HTC 10, OnePlus 3, iPhone 6s plus, S7 edge with case, Nexus 6p. If you notice out of all 5.5 inches phone range this feels the most comfortable to use.

Overall great value, I thought camera might be disappointing but surprised to see it performs great (quick and good quality).Camera not at S7, iPhone level but easily surpasses HTC 10, 6p based on my experience.

Display is good but being used to high res screens I can notice a difference but not deal breaker.

Software snappy, Nexus like but with loads of customization options. Only concern is if they can do security and platform updates in timely manner. But if you are the person who does custom roms then it has good dev support.

Final point, definitely recommend to anyone thinking to buy at $399 and that too no tax. Is it the best phone out there? Probably not but solid package given the price.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Out of interest, if you don't like Google's offerings, and you don't like any of the ones in the play store. What makes you think you would like ones designed by OnePlus any better?

I like the stock email and calendar apps that Samsung has on its phones. They work well. LG's apps are okay. The Sense apps were pretty bad -- very dated. I like that way the stock apps integrate and sync with various email accounts and calendars. I use Exchange and Gmail and like the apps that handle both well. The Gmail android app has always been poor in my opinion. I had conversation view and how Gmail puts attachments at the very bottom of the email string, among other annoyances. Nine is a great app for Exchange, but doesn't handle Gmail.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I like the stock email and calendar apps that Samsung has on its phones. They work well. LG's apps are okay. The Sense apps were pretty bad -- very dated. I like that way the stock apps integrate and sync with various email accounts and calendars. I use Exchange and Gmail and like the apps that handle both well. The Gmail android app has always been poor in my opinion. I had conversation view and how Gmail puts attachments at the very bottom of the email string, among other annoyances. Nine is a great app for Exchange, but doesn't handle Gmail.

I like Aqua Mail Pro. It does Gmail and Exchange, is very secure, and has loads of customizations.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Phone feels great, right size. Way smaller and comfortable to hold even though it's 5.5 inches. I do own a lot of phones and this falls under well designed, with ergonomics in mind. Ranking which I prefer to use just keeping ergonomics in mind based on my experience is S7, HTC 10, OnePlus 3, iPhone 6s plus, S7 edge with case, Nexus 6p. If you notice out of all 5.5 inches phone range this feels the most comfortable to use.

Overall great value, I thought camera might be disappointing but surprised to see it performs great (quick and good quality).Camera not at S7, iPhone level but easily surpasses HTC 10, 6p based on my experience.

Display is good but being used to high res screens I can notice a difference but not deal breaker.

Software snappy, Nexus like but with loads of customization options. Only concern is if they can do security and platform updates in timely manner. But if you are the person who does custom roms then it has good dev support.

Final point, definitely recommend to anyone thinking to buy at $399 and that too no tax. Is it the best phone out there? Probably not but solid package given the price.

How is the vibration? Does it feel like it vibrates strongly or weakly, compared to other devices?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Additional note, stopped using the Karbon case after a day. Using the phone, gripping is better without the case. Back of the case is fine but something in the side makes it hard to grip.