06-24-2016 09:48 PM
66 123
tools
    For reference, most current camera rankings on image quality:

So if the OP3 is better than the HTC 10, it's the best camera on the market for image quality - but if it isn't as good as the iPhone 6s, then it's either tied or lower than the 20th place, Nextbit Robin. See why that's confusing? It's either above the ranking or barely in/didn't make the top 20, depending on whether we think it's better than the HTC 10 or worse than the iPhone 6s. That means it could be literally anywhere
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-19-2016 08:46 AM
    Wow, that is one beautiful device, I must say...

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-19-2016 08:50 AM
    The side by side video, where it says, "No surprises here, the 6s has it all in memory" - that's actually not correct. On some apps they are literally frozen in memory, but not every app is. What iOS does is caches an image of what the screen looked like and when re-opened it presents that image first, then loads in the background, if necessary. The perception from the user is that the app is still alive from when they moved out of it earlier - but it is in fact re-loading and just doing so in a way that is invisible to the user. So why don't other OEMs do the same thing since it makes the user feel like their device is faster/smoother? Good question - not sure.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    06-19-2016 08:51 AM
    T-Mobile
    Ah. Does Wi-Fi calling work on the device? Haven't been able to find much information about this.
    06-19-2016 09:03 AM
    Ah. Does Wi-Fi calling work on the device? Haven't been able to find much information about this.
    There is a setting to turn on WiFi calling but doesn't seem to work. When I turn it on and make a call it's still going thru cellular network. When I go back to wifi calling setting I see it's off. I turn it on agaim, make a call. Same thing and the setting is automatically turned off. So looks like doesn't work.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-19-2016 09:52 AM
    For reference, most current camera rankings on image quality:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-C...2016-06-19.png

So if the OP3 is better than the HTC 10, it's the best camera on the market for image quality - but if it isn't as good as the iPhone 6s, then it's either tied or lower than the 20th place, Nextbit Robin. See why that's confusing? It's either above the ranking or barely in/didn't make the top 20, depending on whether we think it's better than the HTC 10 or worse than the iPhone 6s. That means it could be literally anywhere
    Meh ratings are useless, conducting in lab settings. For example DXO rated HTC 10 same as S7 I think and in real world that was no where close. I'm talking real world experience on what I used and saw. For different people it may vary, so take it however you want. Just giving my inputs to people who want to buy.
    06-19-2016 09:56 AM
    Meh ratings are useless, conducting in lab settings. For example DXO rated HTC 10 same as S7 I think and in real world that was no where close. I'm talking real world experience on what I used and saw. For different people it may vary, so take it however you want. Just giving my inputs to people who want to buy.
    True; the measurement is testing the best the hardware is able to do - it doesn't really take into account how easy it is for a person to get those shots, or how quick or useful the camera interface is, etc. In that sense it's very much like a benchmark score.
    06-19-2016 10:02 AM
    Bhatech have you gotten an update yet? There was one when I woke up this morning.

06-19-2016 10:18 AM
    Bhatech have you gotten an update yet? There was one when I woke up this morning.

Yeah I got one on Friday. Here is the build number.

06-19-2016 10:37 AM
    Yeah I got one on Friday. Here is the build number.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...9cfb52aea9.jpg
    Yeah that's the same one. Hopefully they can continue with updates like that.

06-19-2016 10:58 AM
    it looks very nice!
    is this device available in the U.K.?
    06-19-2016 02:23 PM
    it looks very nice!
    is this device available in the U.K.?
    Yes, it is. https://oneplus.net/uk/oneplus-3
    06-19-2016 02:28 PM
    Yeah that's the same one. Hopefully they can continue with updates like that.

There's talk on the OnePlus forum of a 3.1.3 OTA zip, but it seemed no one knows exactly where it came from.

I won't be flashing it.

It's best to assume I'm being sarcastic. if I'm ever serious I'll type "/s" to make it clear.
    06-19-2016 02:42 PM
    There's talk on the OnePlus forum of a 3.1.3 OTA zip, but it seemed no one knows exactly where it came from.

I won't be flashing it.

It's best to assume I'm being sarcastic. if I'm ever serious I'll type "/s" to make it clear.
    I won't be flashing it either. I'll just wait for the ota's and see how well they do with updates.

06-19-2016 04:14 PM
    Looking good
    06-19-2016 04:45 PM
    How does it sound? With the speaker and headphones?
    06-20-2016 12:51 AM
    The camera on the one plus 3 is NOT as good as any of the phones you listed.
    06-20-2016 04:24 AM
    That's a very nice looking device! Enjoy!!! ☺

06-20-2016 05:39 AM
    The camera on the one plus 3 is NOT as good as any of the phones you listed.
    From experience or bias?

I've seen/heard a few sources claim the only current gen cameras that are better are the S7 and iPhone.

libra89 likes this.
    06-20-2016 07:50 AM
    How good are the dac and the speakers. I dont see reviewers speaking about, thats important for me. I am thinking on changeing my m7 and op3 looks nice
    06-20-2016 08:05 AM
    How good are the dac and the speakers. I dont see reviewers speaking about, thats important for me. I am thinking on changeing my m7 and op3 looks nice
    I don't use headphones much, but I don't think there is anything special added in there. The speaker is one of the better single bottom facing speakers, but not as great as an m7, m8, or Nexus 6p. (Those I have owned)

06-20-2016 08:58 AM
    I've seen/heard a few sources claim the only current gen cameras that are better are the S7 and iPhone.
    That was said in this thread too, but it was very confusing because the iPhone isn't one of the top 5 cameras in phones, only the 6s Plus makes the top 10, the others (6s, 6 Plus and 6) are all in a huge tie for 15th place. So depending on which iPhone, saying the iPhone is better, means that the OP3 is potentially somewhere in the top 20, but saying that it is better than, for example, the HTC 10 would mean that the OP3 is the best camera out there. In this thread it was said that it was better than the Nexus 6P camera but worse than the iPhone. That's a contradiction because the best iPhone (6s Plus) is equal to the Nexus 6P, while all the other iPhones are worse. The full review from anand should be up this week, which should shed some light on exactly where the OP3 stands.
    06-20-2016 09:47 AM
    Just for you I listened to a few tracks from 'til it kills by tilt (you've probably never heard of them... lol) speaker performance is above average quality, average volume IMO good and fairly loud. I doubt it'll hit HTC quality, but I haven't used a HTC phone in several years so can't compare.

The earphone performance is quite good to my ear (using my old *** Sennheiser cx300s) but a little heavy on the bass maybe, probably tuned for EDM/hip hop than punk/metal. But yeah, very listenable from the few minutes I listened lol.

Although it's personal taste I also love that they put the 3.5mm jack in the bottom right! Perfect!

06-20-2016 09:58 AM
    Headphone jack on the bottom is a nice touch. Good to know
    06-20-2016 10:04 AM
    Just out of curiosity, what makes the headphone jack on the bottom better than on the top?
    06-20-2016 10:11 AM
66 123