07-05-2017 06:00 AM
78 ... 234
tools
    I am still rocking the original plastic cover that came on the phone.
    Only one I find that covers the whole screen.
    However went to the beach last week and the top right corner now doesn't stick at all after being covered in sand.
    Might need a replacement. Does the official op glass one cover the whole screen?
    05-02-2017 08:15 AM
    I am still rocking the original plastic cover that came on the phone.
    Only one I find that covers the whole screen.
    However went to the beach last week and the top right corner now doesn't stick at all after being covered in sand.
    Might need a replacement. Does the official op glass one cover the whole screen?
    Yes it does. The fit and finish is great, just beware it is brittle.
    05-02-2017 08:17 AM
    after going through the official oneplus tgsp 3 times, here are my take aways

pros: 1.smooth feel, 2.great oleophobic coating, 3.no dot matrix/halo/rainbow effect

cons: 1.too thick, 2.application requires more effort than typical tgsp because adhesive seems stronger it seems likelier to catch a speck of dust unless installed in a total vacuum, and is more likely to catch air bubble 3.pricey. 4.the edge borders cover up just a little bit of the screen real estate 5.too fragile.

that last con is why i'm ultimately giving up on the official oneplus tgsp. the first one chipped by the finger print scanner at the slightest drop thus making it uncomfortable. the second one lasted a long time (3months)but over time developed way too many visible scratches. the last one developed a fracture from i don't know how - nothing happened that should have cracked it.

i love tgsps in general. my other devices have been saved from shattered screens multiple times and they feel good. but the official oneplus tgsp just seems more fragile than any other tgsp experience I've had.

right now, i just popped on a cheap tgsp from amazon called hartser. it came in a pack of 2 - totaling less than a third of what 1 oneplus tgsp costs. it does have a small dot matrix - although it's barely noticeable unless in certainly lighting (compared to the orzly one - which is the 1st tgsp i had for the op3)). oleophobic doesn't seem as good as the official one, but it does seem stronger as I've already dropped it on concrete by accident and it survived without any scratches or fractures. for now, im happy with hartser and if something happens i have a spare. i also have an iq shield film that i ordered along with the hartser just in case tgsp doesnt work out for the op3 - here's hoping the hartser one lasts well enough that i can give the iq shield away
    07-05-2017 06:00 AM
78 ... 234