Tempered glass screen protector Oneplus 3

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Three more on the way and then I am prepared to settle. One thing I've learned in recent years is these screens are getting harder and harder to get tempered glass that covers the whole thing without being either too small or made of a plasticky fingerprint magnet material.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Iloome came close a few years ago with a nano slim 0.15mm glass for the notes. This would probably work well but not enough units sold to keep up the production. Maybe someone will try to replicate their work... Hint hint Spigen?!!!

JonnyT

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Tried the Mr. Shield. Nice cutouts and finish, just extremely thin compared to usable display.

Can you explain what you mean? I would have thought thin would be a good thing as it would seem like it's barely there, I might be misunderstanding :)

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Can you explain what you mean? I would have thought thin would be a good thing as it would seem like it's barely there, I might be misunderstanding :)
By thin I mean it is narrow. From left to right, it doesn't cover the usable part of the display (ie., the part that lights up)

niijonodhg

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I don't know if this helps (new to AndroidCentral) but I did some TGSP reviews on the official OnePlus forums and I'm currently using an Orzly 2.5D Pro-Fit with no problems!

nikhilkshirsagar

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
hello,

is there a good option for a screen guard/scratch guard for oneplus 3 in India? I see this https://www.gadgetshieldz.com/oneplus-3-screen-protectors-covers-cases.html but they dont seem to sell just the front one separately (i dont want to co ver the sides and back of my phone)

Also if someone can recommend any tempered glass full cover ones which will work well and also enable me to put my case (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0...=1&tag=tech0e7-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5328724) that would be awesome!

-Nikhil.

jbassset

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I've tried a few tempered glass protectors for the OnePlus 3 and haven't found anything that I really liked.

I'll be honest, I'm pretty sure the Orzly and the Pleson are the same thing.

They come in very similar packaging, have the same cutouts, both only adhere at the top and bottom and both have that grid of dots that's visible in the sunlight.

So I'll just say they're the same product and toss in my two cents on them at once.

The cutouts are perfect. They're exactly where they need to be. The screen, obviously, doesn't go edge to edge but it does go as close as it can realistically get. It's nice and clear glass although in the sun there is the aforementioned grid of dots. It's not bad but it's noticeable. I do get a bit of rainbow effect on the center but again, it's not bad at all.

My biggest gripe is that it only adheres top and bottom and not to the whole screen. That means dust, moisture and other stuff can get in between the glass and the protector.

I started with the Orzly. The first one came and had a little chip in the corner. That kept growing and the top layer of the glass would just flake off. Orzly sent me a free replacement no hassle. At some point I must have dropped the phone in it's case (the OEM Sandstone case it came with) and put a little nick in the edge of the glass. This quickly spread to a full crack across the glass. A second chip did the same thing although I honestly do not remember dropping or banging the phone at all. (I won't say I didn't but I don't remember anything.) That said, the $9 screen protector broke but the actual screen on the phone wasn't damaged at all. So it did it's job.

I just got the Pleson a few days ago and was disappointed to find that it too only sticks top and bottom. We'll see how it goes.

For now, I'd give the Orzly a 3 out of 5 stars and I will tentatively give the Pleson a 3.

reckless123

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has tested the Curved 3D Tempered Glass Screen Protector from OnePlus ?
I don't want to buy the other tempered option, because of the edges ...

i'm a bit worried about :
Disclaimer: To ensure the curved screen protector offers optimal protection while maintaining the sleek look of the OnePlus 3, the colored border extends over the edges of the display by approximately 0.9 mm.

Henaway

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
There are some reviews of it on YouTube - and it does show how much of the sides the official curved TGSP cuts off. It was more than I was comfortable with, even though I'd love a full adhesion TGSP. The Pleson TGSP for the OP3 gets good reviews, and I have the Orzly slated to arrive today. My phone is slated to arrive tomorrow. The big issue some have with the Orzly is the "dot matrix" appearance in bright light - but that's what prevents those weird oil slick looking blobs, by keeping the protector off the screen. The Pleson doesn't have it, but with pressure, you may see that 'slick' below your touches.

So far, there does not appear to be any TGSP other than the official curved with full adhesion ... which sucks. But given time, I'm sure that will change. Or, at least, I hope it does.

jbassset

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I have the Pleson on my phone and it does have the dot matrix.

As I said above, I'm pretty sure the Orzly and the Pleson are the same product just packaged slightly differently. I've used both at this point.

jodeg1945

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I've been using glass screen protectors on my phones for the past few years without any problems. When I got my OP3 in July, I got a Pleson and applied as instructed. Within a couple of months, I could see specks of something under the glass, down by the fingerprint scanner. I then ordered a Orzly on October 1st and applied as instructed. Yesterday, I found a speck of something once again near the fingerprint scanner. Very disappointed in this, but perhaps this is common.

I've decided to switch to a regular screen protector, and I've ordered an IQ Shield LiquidSkin. I've used this "wet" application type of screen protector on my Kindle Voyager and My Samsung tablet, and have had no problems. It should arrive Sunday.

I really would have like to stay with the glass type screen protector, but I think the fact that it only adheres at the top and bottom is causing the problem (which I didn't have on my S5). I can't live with specks under my screen protector!

Other than this difficulty, I LOVE my OP3!

Any thoughts on this problem? Thanks!

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I finally was able to score one of the official oneplus curved screen protectors. Not going to go too in depth as I don't feel it's necessary.

Fit - Looks and fits perfect,. 5mm of left and right side viewable screen lost.

Finish - Super slippery. Best finish on a tempered glass I've ever seen.

Appearance - looks just like the original screen. It would be very difficult for people to tell there is even a projector on the phone. No dot matrix and it's full adhesion! So your screen is crystal clear with no glare.

Responsiveness - No loss of sensitivity or accuracy.

I tend to be considered OCD and I can assure you that this is by far the best alternative to going naked.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams