Tempered glass screen protector Oneplus 3

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I finally was able to score one of the official oneplus curved screen protectors. Not going to go too in depth as I don't feel it's necessary.

Fit - Looks and fits perfect,. 5mm of left and right side viewable screen lost.

Finish - Super slippery. Best finish on a tempered glass I've ever seen.

Appearance - looks just like the original screen. It would be very difficult for people to tell there is even a projector on the phone. No dot matrix and it's full adhesion! So your screen is crystal clear with no glare.

Responsiveness - No loss of sensitivity or accuracy.

I tend to be considered OCD and I can assure you that this is by far the best alternative to going naked.

Why do you loose viewable screen with this protector and how is it not an issue? Doesn't that mean anything you view will also have things cut off? Text? Images? Not sure I understand.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Why do you loose viewable screen with this protector and how is it not an issue? Doesn't that mean anything you view will also have things cut off? Text? Images? Not sure I understand.
Yes some is cutoff, but because most text doesn't go right to the edge, I haven't had any loss.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I think I'll look for another brand tempered glass protector.

As of right now, there's really only two tempered glass options: full screen protectors that curve with the edges of the screen, which all have a hairline of screen cut off. I'm using one right now and it's not an issue, but it doesn't adhere correctly to the middle of the screen, so it's got the dot matrix in the center.

The other option is a tempered glass protector that stays far away from the curved edges but is silly because there's a ton of screen still exposed.

There's no good options for tempered glass protectors because of the 2.5d curved glass.

I also ordered the one from one plus because it looks like they actually made them properly this time around. So I'll have this in a few days and see what's what.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
As of right now, there's really only two tempered glass options: full screen protectors that curve with the edges of the screen, which all have a hairline of screen cut off. I'm using one right now and it's not an issue, but it doesn't adhere correctly to the middle of the screen, so it's got the dot matrix in the center.

The other option is a tempered glass protector that stays far away from the curved edges but is silly because there's a ton of screen still exposed.

There's no good options for tempered glass protectors because of the 2.5d curved glass.

I also ordered the one from one plus because it looks like they actually made them properly this time around. So I'll have this in a few days and see what's what.
Hope it works out for you.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Hope it works out for you.

Thanks, I sure hope so too. I won't use anything but tempered glass cause it's saved my butt many times. This phone has been a PAIN finding the right one, as you already know. Lol I've been living with the dot matrix for a while now. Really sucks.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I sure hope so too. I won't use anything but tempered glass cause it's saved my butt many times. This phone has been a PAIN finding the right one, as you already know. Lol I've been living with the dot matrix for a while now. Really sucks.
Yeah I couldn't take it anymore.

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
The screen protector that came with my phone is already peeling off after just one month. Guess I have a decision to make.

Chris Page

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Better late than never I hope, I purchased the OnePlus curved screen protector for the 3T and have 3 areas under it that have air in (a lot more than bubbles) - they don't push out because the contact isn't good enough. It's the 2nd one I got as the first arrived broken and this time its not clear whether the issue relates to the phone or screen protector but OnePlus have made it clear on both requests I have raised that customer support of any sort isn't on their to do list.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my 4th OnePlus curved tempered glass Screen.P. These things are a great fit, great oleophobic coating, and full screen adhesion. The problem is they are SUPER brittle. Barely drop your phone, crack. Lay your phone down too hard, crack. Basically do anything other than coddle your phone and it will crack. I've now spent over $120 US dollars just on screen protectors. I'm done. Last OnePlus I buy. There just isn't enough aftermarket support when it comes to accessories.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Lol. Still on the original SP that came on my OP3 when I got it over 5 months ago. It has micro-scratches that do not bother me. It's doing its job.

I have a Zagg TGSP on my iPad and it's as bad a FP magnet as the OEM SP on my OP3.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my 4th OnePlus curved tempered glass Screen.P. These things are a great fit, great oleophobic coating, and full screen adhesion. The problem is they are SUPER brittle. Barely drop your phone, crack. Lay your phone down too hard, crack. Basically do anything other than coddle your phone and it will crack. I've now spent over $120 US dollars just on screen protectors. I'm done. Last OnePlus I buy. There just isn't enough aftermarket support when it comes to accessories.

I will be buying a third pretty soon as well. I have to agree, they are pretty fragile. So it might be a money grab for one plus, because it is the best fitting one out there.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I used to always use a screen protector. Mostly the glass ones. Past couple phones I didn't use one and have not had issues and since I buy a ton of phones I will save a lot of money lol.

mabr82

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I am still rocking the original plastic cover that came on the phone.
Only one I find that covers the whole screen.
However went to the beach last week and the top right corner now doesn't stick at all after being covered in sand.
Might need a replacement. Does the official op glass one cover the whole screen?

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I am still rocking the original plastic cover that came on the phone.
Only one I find that covers the whole screen.
However went to the beach last week and the top right corner now doesn't stick at all after being covered in sand.
Might need a replacement. Does the official op glass one cover the whole screen?
Yes it does. The fit and finish is great, just beware it is brittle.

Keeptechcoolandsimple

Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
after going through the official oneplus tgsp 3 times, here are my take aways

pros: 1.smooth feel, 2.great oleophobic coating, 3.no dot matrix/halo/rainbow effect

cons: 1.too thick, 2.application requires more effort than typical tgsp because adhesive seems stronger it seems likelier to catch a speck of dust unless installed in a total vacuum, and is more likely to catch air bubble 3.pricey. 4.the edge borders cover up just a little bit of the screen real estate 5.too fragile.

that last con is why i'm ultimately giving up on the official oneplus tgsp. the first one chipped by the finger print scanner at the slightest drop thus making it uncomfortable. the second one lasted a long time (3months)but over time developed way too many visible scratches. the last one developed a fracture from i don't know how - nothing happened that should have cracked it.

i love tgsps in general. my other devices have been saved from shattered screens multiple times and they feel good. but the official oneplus tgsp just seems more fragile than any other tgsp experience I've had.

right now, i just popped on a cheap tgsp from amazon called hartser. it came in a pack of 2 - totaling less than a third of what 1 oneplus tgsp costs. it does have a small dot matrix - although it's barely noticeable unless in certainly lighting (compared to the orzly one - which is the 1st tgsp i had for the op3)). oleophobic doesn't seem as good as the official one, but it does seem stronger as I've already dropped it on concrete by accident and it survived without any scratches or fractures. for now, im happy with hartser and if something happens i have a spare. i also have an iq shield film that i ordered along with the hartser just in case tgsp doesnt work out for the op3 - here's hoping the hartser one lasts well enough that i can give the iq shield away

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude