A quick note about the OnePlus 3's incoming sRGB mode

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
As you may have heard, OnePlus has rolled out an OTA to reviewer units of the OnePlus 3 that includes an sRGB mode that's set to arrive on consumer units in the future.

However, there is one thing to note. According to XDA-Developers, when the display calibration is set to sRGB, white balance cannot be adjusted.

"..you cannot tweak the color balance of the display using the slider in the Display Settings.."
https://www.xda-developers.com/148634-2-oneplus-3-ota-impressions/

Just something to keep in mind unless something changes in the future.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping that someone does another analysis of the display with the sRGB settings. It won't help if they didn't calibrate to it and do a great job at that, but if they did then that will get rid of half of the complaint about the screen which will raise the device up significantly through the ranks.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping that someone does another analysis of the display with the sRGB settings. It won't help if they didn't calibrate to it and do a great job at that, but if they did then that will get rid of half of the complaint about the screen which will raise the device up significantly through the ranks.
It should be more color accurate.

Funny thing is, I recently read Anandtech's LG G5 review and they also had complaints regarding color accuracy on it.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It should be more color accurate.

Funny thing is, I recently read Anandtech's LG G5 review and they also had complaints regarding color accuracy on it.

Yep, aiming for sRGB isn't enough without calibration. Oneplus knows that, LG forgot :p.