No Microphone Access for Google Now

jonnycakes

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I can't get the Google app to voice search or respond to okay Google. The app says it can't access the microphone but it has the correct permissions and the mic works on other apps (like Cortana). Since you can't reinstall the Google app, does anyone have any ideas?

UPDATE: it seems the video camera is unable to capture as well. May be related. Other apps still have mic access but no camera app will record video.

Video recording was working earlier today and as far as I know, nothing has changed.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Then I'm out of ideas. I apologize. If you can't get it working I would suggest returning it or exchanging it. Sucks sorry to hear your having issues.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried clearing data? And uninstalling updates from the play store?

If that doesn't work it might be another app holding the microphone and preventing access to Google now...

jonnycakes

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this! You made me realize Cortana was the only place the mic was working. I'm a Windows Insider and have Cortana Beta installed to preview notification mirroring on Windows 10. I revoked Cortana's mic permission and all is good now. Google and video camera is working fine now.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow this helped me solve why "OK google" wasn't working on my moto X pure, thanks! Prefer Google's implementation over Moto's.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke