Opinions about oneplus3?

amr ashraf mostafa

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello oneplus 3 fans
Need your honest opinion please
I am thinking of buying the new one+3
But i am confused between the one+3 and the new huawei p9?
So users who tried the one+3 , plz tell me how is the battery life of this mobile. I always open the mobile data all day long and use my phone mainly for browsing, facebook,whats app and emailing.
And all of these applications are used by the mobile data not wifi.
So how is the battery life time and how long is the screen on time using the mobile data and adjusting the screen brightness to below than medium?
Also how is the camera quality? Some say it is amazing and others say it is not of very high quality specially at night.
Also how is the build quality of the metal used? Some reviewers said that it is flimsy metal that can happened to have scratches amd dents very easy.
Please i need honest opinions.
I am using now my galaxy s7 but i dont like the quality of the phone as the home button is badly scratched after 4 months of usage.build quality is one of the main concerns to me.
Regards.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Buy it.

43190104.jpg

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Hello oneplus 3 fans
Need your honest opinion please
I am thinking of buying the new one+3
But i am confused between the one+3 and the new huawei p9?
So users who tried the one+3 , plz tell me how is the battery life of this mobile. I always open the mobile data all day long and use my phone mainly for browsing, facebook,whats app and emailing.
And all of these applications are used by the mobile data not wifi.
So how is the battery life time and how long is the screen on time using the mobile data and adjusting the screen brightness to below than medium?
Also how is the camera quality? Some say it is amazing and others say it is not of very high quality specially at night.
Also how is the build quality of the metal used? Some reviewers said that it is flimsy metal that can happened to have scratches amd dents very easy.
Please i need honest opinions.
I am using now my galaxy s7 but i dont like the quality of the phone as the home button is badly scratched after 4 months of usage.build quality is one of the main concerns to me.
Regards.
This is the best overall Android I have ever used and I've owned every flagship (Android and iPhone) since the HTC Evo. To me this is Androids equivalent of the iPhone 6S Plus. Battery is excellent. Stand by time reminds of iPhone in the sense it doesn't drain. The camera is similar to an iPhone for good or bad. Fingerprint sensor is stupid fast. Dash charging is stupid fast. The screen is pixel free (I have perfect 20/20 vision) and the color reproduction is beautiful. Brightness makes it easily usable outside. Phone is more fluid then the 6P and that's saying something. Do yourself and just buy it. I hope i don't sound biased because I'm not I just really love this phone.

amr ashraf mostafa

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
This is the best overall Android I have ever used and I've owned every flagship (Android and iPhone) since the HTC Evo. To me this is Androids equivalent of the iPhone 6S Plus. Battery is excellent. Stand by time reminds of iPhone in the sense it doesn't drain. The camera is similar to an iPhone for good or bad. Fingerprint sensor is stupid fast. Dash charging is stupid fast. The screen is pixel free (I have perfect 20/20 vision) and the color reproduction is beautiful. Brightness makes it easily usable outside. Phone is more fluid then the 6P and that's saying something. Do yourself and just buy it. I hope i don't sound biased because I'm not I just really love this phone.

I really want to buy the phone but i am afraid of 2 things
The battery life and the camera quality
Some users admire the battery life and others said it is not good.
I am using iphone 6s plus and samsung A5 2016 and both have amazing battery life that can give you easily 6 hrs of SOT using mobile data.
So i hope the one+3 is same like them.
And can the build quality of the one+3 be at same level of the iphone 6s?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Battery life is ok, not great, but ok, taking steps will help, like using night mode, and like turning down the brightness as you plan. Also the phone comes with something called "Dash" charging which is a quick charge that while proprietary (means it works only for the OP3), charges the phone VERY quickly. I can fully charge it in like 1 hour. Camera in my experience is good, NOT the best in class like the HTC 10 for example, it's more on par an iPhone 6/6S, takes good pictures. Build quality is excellent, the best OnePlus has done, and the metal is solid! It's pretty sleek looking too, while NOT as curvy as an S7 of course it DOES have a slight curve around the edges, plus a ultra slim form factor that is a joy to hold!

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I average 4-5 hours sot with a 17 hour day so not too bad. Really nice considering i can plug in for 20 minutes and add 40-50%

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I get average 5 plus SOT and a full day of use, camera is also awesome I would say as good (almost) as s7 , this phone is awesome for the price and what it has to offer...i say buy one!

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I get average 5 plus SOT and a full day of use, camera is also awesome I would say as good (almost) as s7 , this phone is awesome for the price and what it has to offer...i say buy one!

I've had both phones, and the OP3 is not even close to the S7, especially when it comes to video. Video is atrocious on the OP3.

Posted via the Android Central App

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I sold my S7 Edge and use my 1+3 as my daily driver. My SOT is averaging over 5+ hrs using both WiFi and data. The camera is slightly less than S7 Edge in certain situations, but nothing that has concerned me personally. (I take a lot of photos.) I am really impressed with the build quality/metal design. I find it more thin and comfortable in hand than my previous S7 Edge. Dash charge is a nice feature, similar to Samsung quick charge, but faster. I understand this review is based on my experience and might vary depending on your settings and usage. Either way, you have 15 days to return the device if you feel it is not meeting your standards or needs. I hope this helps.

amr ashraf mostafa

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I sold my S7 Edge and use my 1+3 as my daily driver. My SOT is averaging over 5+ hrs using both WiFi and data. The camera is slightly less than S7 Edge in certain situations, but nothing that has concerned me personally. (I take a lot of photos.) I am really impressed with the build quality/metal design. I find it more thin and comfortable in hand than my previous S7 Edge. Dash charge is a nice feature, similar to Samsung quick charge, but faster. I understand this review is based on my experience and might vary depending on your settings and usage. Either way, you have 15 days to return the device if you feel it is not meeting your standards or needs. I hope this helps.

I've had both phones, and the OP3 is not even close to the S7, especially when it comes to video. Video is atrocious on the OP3.

Can you explain what is the problem in the video camera using oneplus 3?
It has OIS so it should be stAble video!

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

It has OIS, but it doesn't do its job at all. The video shakes, the sounds is terrible and it often is pixelated when playing back on laptop. And it only shoots 30fps. S7/edge is 60fps in HD.

amr ashraf mostafa

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
It has OIS, but it doesn't do its job at all. The video shakes, the sounds is terrible and it often is pixelated when playing back on laptop. And it only shoots 30fps. S7/edge is 60fps in HD.

I have seen menay reviews about the oneplus 3 and you are the first one who complain about the video quality and sound quality of the oneplus3

Malek J

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I have seen menay reviews about the oneplus 3 and you are the first one who complain about the video quality and sound quality of the oneplus3

He's actually not the only one complaining about the video quality. Pocketnow posted a detailed camera review and the ois and sound isn't that great.

mostlywords

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
This is not the perfect phone. I have one, and am completely satisfied with my purchase, but it is not perfect. My criteria are performance, software experience (stock), and price. OP3 hits all those. Build quality is amazing. Camera quality is on par with other flagships, although not the best. I take very little video, so it's quality doesn't concern me. Battery life is good, not great. Dash charging makes up for it: I can plug it in and in the time it takes to shower and shave, OP3 is ready for the evening.

For $400 USD, the value is incredible. This is the best all-around phone of 2016.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
He's actually not the only one complaining about the video quality. Pocketnow posted a detailed camera review and the ois and sound isn't that great.

Juan Bagnell did a great job with that review. Very thorough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37