Read a lot, but can't figure out notifications issue..

doa70

May 1, 2016
Visit site
So I've read a lot of posts and articles since getting my OPT. I cannot really figure out how to get notifications - ESPN, text messages, etc. - to pop up when my phone is asleep, locked, however one describes it. It seems I get notifications when I first put the phone down for a couple of minutes, then nothing until I unlock the phone. Once I unlock they all come streaming into the status bar.

I've checked all the usual places - slider settings, app notification settings, etc. all of these are set to their default values. I thought I saw this was an issue with Doze, but this doesn't take "hours" to start happening, just a few minutes. I thought this was a bug that OxyOS 3.2.1 was going to fix but maybe I only thought I read that because I installed 3.2.1 this morning and the issue remains.

I'll add I'm coming from iPhone where I had notifications for all of the same apps, text messages, voice mail, etc. all on the lock screen immediately. Maybe behavior is different with Android?

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Remove all apps that u have notification from doze also i find using Nova launcher solves this problem that is part do to marshmallow and op3.

doa70

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Remove all apps that u have notification from doze also i find using Nova launcher solves this problem that is part do to marshmallow and op3.

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately that didn't seem to do the trick. I definitely turned off doze for a few apps including ESPN. However I missed a few notifications (from it and other apps too) over the past couple of hours. As soon as I unlocked the Opt they came in. Very annoying, hopefully we' ll get a fix for this soon. Q

tpmbb10

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately that didn't seem to do the trick. I definitely turned off doze for a few apps including ESPN. However I missed a few notifications (from it and other apps too) over the past couple of hours. As soon as I unlocked the Opt they came in. Very annoying, hopefully we' ll get a fix for this soon. Q

Just checking....do you have Ambient Display turned on under the display settings? (I think that's where the setting is...I don't have my phone in front of me).

doa70

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Thanks keyz. If I'm reading that correctly it looks like there is a post-3.2.1 patch that I'll need to wait for. I checked just now and according to the system update feature I'm up to date. Last thing I installed was 3.2.1 yesterday.

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
doa70 - the latest patch - 3.2.1 will not fix this issue. I know, as I have it installed. The problem you and many others are seeing with notifications failing is caused by Marshmallow's "doze" function. In an effort to save the battery it puts the phone in a mode where it stops communicating. OnePlus didn't implement this doze function correctly. After 8.5 minutes the phone goes into doze and never comes out. Change the settings for battery optimization and changing launchers etc in Marshmallow will not resolve this problem.

You need to do as many have, and disable the doze function. It's easy, but you need access to a PC. I haven't noticed any battery issues and I've been running it without doze enabled for 2 weeks now.
There's a huge thread about this on the Oneplus.net forum:
https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/push-notification-issues.451149/

On the first page are instructions on how to run a command (ADB) to tell your phone to turn off doze. It works perfectly. I get all notifications ALL THE TIME.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX