I'm thinking about getting a mount for the OP3 for my car and truck. Curious what everyone is using. I'm looking at the Scoche MagicMount but I have two concerns. I don't drive on highways very often. Most of my commute is on secondary and tertiary roads that are honestly not in great condition - very bumpy. I'm first concerned with the vent mounts potentially breaking the vent in the car. Is this an issue? It seems that would be a lot of weight hanging on a thin piece of plastic. My second concern is with putting on - well really removing - the metal plate. I don't think I'd put the plate on the case due to concern #1 - very rough conditions so I'd want to have the plate on the phone. I believe even with the Otterbox case there shouldn't be an issue with the magnets holding but looking for some info from someone with experience on this too.
    07-20-2016 07:36 AM
    I have a magnet mount that attaches to the vent. No issues yet with strain on vent or OP3 falling off. I have the metal plate attached to the interior of the OP3 Sandstone case. The magnet is strong enough to hold through the case. The metal plate is not noticeable - and if I want to remove it, not stuck on actual phone. I would try this before sticking plate to exterior -- the plate would likely snag on stuff and not look good.

I use the TechMatte MagGrip - though there are many other similar magnet mounts.
    07-20-2016 11:02 AM
    Check out the mountek smart phone mount. It uses the cd slot in the car to attach to the dash and holds phones very secure.
    07-20-2016 08:36 PM
    I highly recommend the ProClip system. You buy the specific base for your car model then the phone Holder for your specific phone. When you get a new phone just replace the holder, the car mount remains in place. ProClipusa.Com
    07-21-2016 02:00 AM
    Check out the mountek smart phone mount. It uses the cd slot in the car to attach to the dash and holds phones very secure.
    I was surprised how many of these CD slot mounts are out there considering I didn't think many head units had CD slots on the front of them any more. I know at least one of my two Alpine's does not - no idea about the other one, I never pay attention. I just plug in to USB and go. It's either podcasts, the radio or music from my "collection". I haven't put in a CD in easily a decade or more.
    07-21-2016 06:24 AM