how does it compare

mabr82

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I'm seriously considering getting this device.

Just wondering how it compares to your previous or current second devices.

Real world reviews required, what niggles, what glitches, what works really well.

Thanks

Jason Cockerham

Community Review Team Leader
Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

Real world reviews required, what niggles, what glitches, what works really well.

Thanks

Hey man. I've had the OP3 for about a week and a half now and I have to say that I love it. It is a fantastic device. Real world use is that it will be just as fast if not faster than a lot of other phones out there. The 6GB of RAM really helps this thing to fly. The camera is pretty stellar too, especially for $400. I've had a few issues with signal dropping randomly and there some issues with using GPS for long periods of time as well (I've not experienced that one myself, I just know that it is an issue). No device is perfect though so it's about deciding if the pros outweigh the cons.

Only time will tell how well OnePlus does with software updates. They have a mixed track record with that, but Jerry makes some good points about how the latest versions aren't always necessary for the phone to continue to work well.

What is important to you in a device? Ultimately that will determine what phone you get.

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I like this phone a lot. The battery could be a bit better but the dash charger takes most of the worry away. I tried the note 7 and all the bells and whistles aren't worth it. This is a much better phone IMO.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
It's a fantastic phone. I have a few phones to compare it too, Nexus 6(, S7, S7E, S7 Note and I have to say, the Op3 is a serious contender with all of them FOR ME. The screen is wonderful, its smooth, no lag, excellent camera. I would recommend to anyone who wanted an Android phone.

Thanks

tpmbb10

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
My only niggle at the moment is I'm having a hard time getting clear photos of my kids indoors. Admittedly I'm not the best photographer on the planet but it seems like my old iPhone 5s handled indoor shots better.

Apart from that I've been really happy. Battery life is amazing, the OS is nice (IMO) and the performance is really fast and smooth. Despite all the bad press about RAM management, all my apps are always running in memory when I go back to them.

matchtrader2000

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I like this phone a lot. The battery could be a bit better but the dash charger takes most of the worry away. I tried the note 7 and all the bells and whistles aren't worth it. This is a much better phone IMO.

Agree completely. And can add to this the S7Edge as that was my daily driver prior to the OnePlus. Camera may not be as good, although it's close in my view, but pretty much everything else for my use is the same or better.

Jason Cockerham

Community Review Team Leader
Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
My only niggle at the moment is I'm having a hard time getting clear photos of my kids indoors. Admittedly I'm not the best photographer on the planet but it seems like my old iPhone 5s handled indoor shots better.

Yeah it's not the greatest camera especially for indoor use but there are few that are. At that point you're looking towards Galaxy level phones with prices to match.

jbassset

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I'll chip in.

I switched from Windows Phone (I know, I know...) This is a great device. It's fast, it's Android, it seems to be well supported.
I love the alert slider.
I also love the alert LED which I know is pretty standard on Android devices but didn't exist in that other world. So you don't know how cool it is till you don't have it.
The screen is nice. It's super nice. It's not 2k but who cares? It doesn't need to be.

Quibbles:
Camera isn't the best. It's great. It's just not as good as a few others for double the $$$$
Battery life could be better but it'll get you through a day and the dash charging fills it up right quick.
Mine sometimes doesn't want to connect to wifi until I tell it to. These are good networks, solid signals and it can see them, it just doesn't connect like it should.
The volume is a bit weird. Below about 50% you can't hardly hear it, over 50% it's pretty loud. The last patch seems to have made this better.

Those are all what I would consider minor quibbles. It's a super nice phone and for the price you can't beat it.

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the OnePlus 3 and ZTE Axon 7....

So far it's a toss up. I prefer teh OP3 for the better OS, and I prefer the aesthetics. However the sound quality on the ZTE Axon 7 is very damn nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol