Not Receiving Text Notification Sounds

jodeg1945

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
All of a sudden today, I am not receiving a notification sound when I receive a text message. It was working fine yesterday. All sounds are turned on, the alert slider is in the correct position, volume turned up. Phone rings fine when a call comes in, or email arrives, but nothing for text messages.

Any ideas????? Thanks!

joggy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the alert slider to be somewhat wonky at times. With screen on, slowly toggle slider to priority and then silent and then back through to all making sure you pause at each setting. For some reason this works for me when I lose any type of sound.

jodeg1945

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, I tried that yesterday, didn't seem to make any difference. I'm getting all the other sounds, just not text message notifications. I've been doing searches online, so far, nothing recent that would help.

I'll keep looking!

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, I tried that yesterday, didn't seem to make any difference. I'm getting all the other sounds, just not text message notifications. I've been doing searches online, so far, nothing recent that would help.

I'll keep looking!

What texting app are you using? Have you checked the settings for that specific app?

jodeg1945

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I fixed it! I have a program called MobileGo by Wondershare, which has a lot of different features, including backup and restore. I decided to restore my phone to one day earlier, and now my text notifications work! MobileGo also has a feature I can use to send text messages from my PC, so I tested it, and got the text notification sound immediately.

This was driving me crazy, because I knew it worked before. Don't know what was wrong, I'm just happy it's fixed!

Yipee! :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463