Thinking of Switching from the Note 7

ILowry82

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely love my note 7 however I've been doing some research and the OP3 also looks amazing. I don't use the S pen all that much. I think about the price difference between the two phones and I keep getting drawn to the OP3. Anyone else make the switch? Other than the S pen, what's the point in spending twice as much just for an s pen?

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I have both and they agree it will depend on what is important to you.
Overall I find the OP3 to be more fluid and faster interface. I have had lag issues on the Note 7 to the point where I have done a FDR and started from scratch, even with that the OP3 just flies in comparison for me, and they have similar app loaded save for the Samsung specific apps.

I do love the Note 7 screen, but the OP3 screen is wonderful as well.
The vibration motor on the OP3 is horrible in comparison to almost every phone. I do like he native email and calendar from Samsung especially for Exchange/work integration.
I would also say while the camera is better on the note 7, the OP3 is really good and only specific scenarios does it show its weakness.

I really like the themes on the Note 7(I use Nova on the OP3). I also find the battery/SOT to be better on the Note7, (I get 4.5 SOT on the Note 7 and about 4 hr SOT on the OP3).
Both are great feeling in the hand, but the OP3 is a little easier to carry IMO, its really thin and light.

ILowry82

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
My thought is that the OP3 will feel fresher longer. With 6gb of ram it will run smooth for years. If I don't get the nougat update in a timely manner I can just flash a nougat based Rom right?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
That depends, do you want the features those custom ROMs offer? If so then yes, it's worth it.

I haven't seen a reason to leave oxygen OS (rooted with a few software customisations) as of yet though. It's a fairly good OS in my opinion.

MRS DIVA

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased a Oneplus 3 after coming from a Note 2. I'm very impressed with this device, it is very fast and doesn't lag.

I really like the Dash Charging and the super fast fingerprint scanner. I know the screen isn't as good as Sammy's ones.... but I haven't had any issues with it.

I was going to get the Note 7 but accepted that I didn't like the all glass construction.

Having spent £329 on my Oneplus 3, it really is an excellent device so far.

Poppy59

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I recently purchased a Oneplus 3 after coming from a Note 2. I'm very impressed with this device, it is very fast and doesn't lag.

I really like the Dash Charging and the super fast fingerprint scanner. I know the screen isn't as good as Sammy's ones.... but I haven't had any issues with it.

I was going to get the Note 7 but accepted that I didn't like the all glass construction.

Having spent £329 on my Oneplus 3, it really is an excellent device so far.

How long did it take to get the phone from the date of order?
Thanks

MRS DIVA

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
How long did it take to get the phone from the date of order?
Thanks

I ordered my white/gold version on 28th August and it arrived on 2nd September . I do believe customers may have to wait longer for the black /grey one.

Posted from my Galaxy Tab Pro

Last edited:

TechReviews1

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I had a OnePlus 3 and I absolutely hated it. I don't know about now, but back when it came out, it has SOOOOOOOO many glitches. SOOOOOOOO many. For example, fingerprint sensor often didn't work. Notifications didn't come through even when the phone was in use. The ring tone would go off when the phone was on vibrate. The alert slider didn't work AT ALL. And many more glitches. I was 2 days past the 15 day return policy and they return it. I will never buy a OnePlus device again. Just my opinion. I really want a Note 7 currently because it's an absolute powerhouse. So, in my opinion, you should stick with the Note 7. Hope this helps!

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I bought an OnePlus 3, ZTE Axon 7 for comparison to see which phone I'd get. The Note 7 was on that list I would have bought one if they had not been out of stock in my area. Instead I used the display ones at best buy, samsung, and T-mobile. The Samsung was the unlocked non carrier bloatware version. Best buy was verizon demo, and the T-mobile was t-mobile demo. All 3 were the same. As time has shown me (I've had 4 samsung devices- all flashships), Samsung still cannot get a fluid fast and smooth experience on Android.
It often glitches on Flipboard, and the UI. Sure it's speedy and yes it's fast but it annoys me having to spend $700 on a S phone or $900+ on a Note 7 and have to deal with the lag/glitches/weird hiccups. The OnePlus 3 on the other hand is so much smoother.
Browsing sites like Android Central is laggy on the Note 7, almost as if the poor phone can't keep up with the usage and all the features that come with it.

OP Buy a OnePlus 3. Yes it's not as good as the Note 7 on paper, but for everyday use there's really not much a difference. I've had the Note 3 and Note 4, both were purchased to make my job easier which made it worth it, kind of.
Also it's built a little better than a Note 7. (Buttons feel solid, no wobble).

mru007

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
S Pen is not the only point here, I think. Note 7 has beautiful & gorgeous display (much better than OP3), better & faster camera, better battery, water & dust resistant, and of course, a memory card slot. So that extra price for Note 7 is for all the above points. The S Pen for Note series, in general, is not only for drawing & sketching, if that is what you are thinking. It also has other useful advantages over other smartphones:

You can practically use the S Pen as a mouse for your device, which comes in handy for a lot of scenarios - quickly sharing a particular content present on the screen, writing on the screen (Image write feature) to better convey & share with others what you really mean to say, multiple selections of photos / files, jotting down anything important quickly when you don't have a notebook with you, signing documents easily on the go, extracting a part of text (it's extremely precise with S Pen) & of course, drawing & sketching, just like you would do on a normal paper, if you like to.

P.S.: You can use your Note 7 with S Pen even when your hands are wet or the display is wet or if it is raining heavily & you really need to use your phone without compromising the touch response of the display, which is almost impossible with other phones, as they do not have a S Pen :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37