09-10-2016 08:53 AM
28 12
tools
    I absolutely love my note 7 however I've been doing some research and the OP3 also looks amazing. I don't use the S pen all that much. I think about the price difference between the two phones and I keep getting drawn to the OP3. Anyone else make the switch? Other than the S pen, what's the point in spending twice as much just for an s pen?
    09-04-2016 03:01 AM
    Some pro's and con's offered in this article...

Galaxy Note 7 vs OnePlus 3: Which is best?

It depends on what is important to you.
    09-04-2016 05:38 AM
    I have both and they agree it will depend on what is important to you.
    Overall I find the OP3 to be more fluid and faster interface. I have had lag issues on the Note 7 to the point where I have done a FDR and started from scratch, even with that the OP3 just flies in comparison for me, and they have similar app loaded save for the Samsung specific apps.

I do love the Note 7 screen, but the OP3 screen is wonderful as well.
    The vibration motor on the OP3 is horrible in comparison to almost every phone. I do like he native email and calendar from Samsung especially for Exchange/work integration.
    I would also say while the camera is better on the note 7, the OP3 is really good and only specific scenarios does it show its weakness.

I really like the themes on the Note 7(I use Nova on the OP3). I also find the battery/SOT to be better on the Note7, (I get 4.5 SOT on the Note 7 and about 4 hr SOT on the OP3).
    Both are great feeling in the hand, but the OP3 is a little easier to carry IMO, its really thin and light.
    09-04-2016 09:10 AM
    My thought is that the OP3 will feel fresher longer. With 6gb of ram it will run smooth for years. If I don't get the nougat update in a timely manner I can just flash a nougat based Rom right?
    09-04-2016 01:35 PM
    I have a Note 5 and just ordered the OP3.
    09-04-2016 02:40 PM
    Is it worth flashing Roms onto the OP3?
    09-04-2016 10:44 PM
    That depends, do you want the features those custom ROMs offer? If so then yes, it's worth it.

I haven't seen a reason to leave oxygen OS (rooted with a few software customisations) as of yet though. It's a fairly good OS in my opinion.
    09-05-2016 12:35 AM
    I recently purchased a Oneplus 3 after coming from a Note 2. I'm very impressed with this device, it is very fast and doesn't lag.

I really like the Dash Charging and the super fast fingerprint scanner. I know the screen isn't as good as Sammy's ones.... but I haven't had any issues with it.

I was going to get the Note 7 but accepted that I didn't like the all glass construction.

Having spent ยฃ329 on my Oneplus 3, it really is an excellent device so far.
    09-05-2016 03:32 AM
    I recently purchased a Oneplus 3 after coming from a Note 2. I'm very impressed with this device, it is very fast and doesn't lag.

I really like the Dash Charging and the super fast fingerprint scanner. I know the screen isn't as good as Sammy's ones.... but I haven't had any issues with it.

I was going to get the Note 7 but accepted that I didn't like the all glass construction.

How long did it take to get the phone from the date of order?
    Thanks
    09-05-2016 04:07 AM
    How long did it take to get the phone from the date of order?
    Thanks
    I ordered my white/gold version on 28th August and it arrived on 2nd September . I do believe customers may have to wait longer for the black /grey one.

Posted from my Galaxy Tab Pro
    09-05-2016 10:33 AM
    Hi, I had a OnePlus 3 and I absolutely hated it. I don't know about now, but back when it came out, it has SOOOOOOOO many glitches. SOOOOOOOO many. For example, fingerprint sensor often didn't work. Notifications didn't come through even when the phone was in use. The ring tone would go off when the phone was on vibrate. The alert slider didn't work AT ALL. And many more glitches. I was 2 days past the 15 day return policy and they return it. I will never buy a OnePlus device again. Just my opinion. I really want a Note 7 currently because it's an absolute powerhouse. So, in my opinion, you should stick with the Note 7. Hope this helps!
    09-05-2016 12:00 PM
    I ordered my white/gold version on 28th August and it arrived on 2nd August. I do believe customers may have to wait longer for the black /grey one.

Posted from my Galaxy Tab Pro
    A year is far too long ๐Ÿ˜‰
    09-05-2016 12:56 PM
    A year is far too long ๐Ÿ˜‰
    LoL, I had a senior moment....
    ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š (correct date now added) I must admit, I was really surprised how quickly it arrived.
    09-05-2016 03:25 PM
    LoL, I had a senior moment....
    ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š (correct date now added) I must admit, I was really surprised how quickly it arrived.
    I ordered yesterday, should arrive on Friday, hopefully!
    09-05-2016 06:50 PM
    I bought an OnePlus 3, ZTE Axon 7 for comparison to see which phone I'd get. The Note 7 was on that list I would have bought one if they had not been out of stock in my area. Instead I used the display ones at best buy, samsung, and T-mobile. The Samsung was the unlocked non carrier bloatware version. Best buy was verizon demo, and the T-mobile was t-mobile demo. All 3 were the same. As time has shown me (I've had 4 samsung devices- all flashships), Samsung still cannot get a fluid fast and smooth experience on Android.
    It often glitches on Flipboard, and the UI. Sure it's speedy and yes it's fast but it annoys me having to spend $700 on a S phone or $900+ on a Note 7 and have to deal with the lag/glitches/weird hiccups. The OnePlus 3 on the other hand is so much smoother.
    Browsing sites like Android Central is laggy on the Note 7, almost as if the poor phone can't keep up with the usage and all the features that come with it.

OP Buy a OnePlus 3. Yes it's not as good as the Note 7 on paper, but for everyday use there's really not much a difference. I've had the Note 3 and Note 4, both were purchased to make my job easier which made it worth it, kind of.
    Also it's built a little better than a Note 7. (Buttons feel solid, no wobble).
    09-05-2016 07:17 PM
    I bought my OP3 today. It says it won't ship until the 13th. Hopefully it ships sooner.
    09-06-2016 01:24 AM
    S Pen is not the only point here, I think. Note 7 has beautiful & gorgeous display (much better than OP3), better & faster camera, better battery, water & dust resistant, and of course, a memory card slot. So that extra price for Note 7 is for all the above points. The S Pen for Note series, in general, is not only for drawing & sketching, if that is what you are thinking. It also has other useful advantages over other smartphones:

You can practically use the S Pen as a mouse for your device, which comes in handy for a lot of scenarios - quickly sharing a particular content present on the screen, writing on the screen (Image write feature) to better convey & share with others what you really mean to say, multiple selections of photos / files, jotting down anything important quickly when you don't have a notebook with you, signing documents easily on the go, extracting a part of text (it's extremely precise with S Pen) & of course, drawing & sketching, just like you would do on a normal paper, if you like to.

P.S.: You can use your Note 7 with S Pen even when your hands are wet or the display is wet or if it is raining heavily & you really need to use your phone without compromising the touch response of the display, which is almost impossible with other phones, as they do not have a S Pen
    09-06-2016 02:09 AM
    I ordered yesterday, should arrive on Friday, hopefully!
    Correction it's coming tomorrow from Poland to the UK....... that's quick ๐Ÿ‘
    09-06-2016 11:07 AM
    Correction it's coming tomorrow from Poland to the UK....... that's quick ๐Ÿ‘
    Will be interested to hear your views on it once you've had it for a few days.
    09-06-2016 01:17 PM
    I will let you know!
    09-06-2016 02:14 PM
    I bought an OnePlus 3, ZTE Axon 7 for comparison to see which phone I'd get.
    I've been bouncing between the two for weeks now. I have a pre-order on the Axon, but I'm really doubting myself on it. My biggest thing against the OP3 is lack of microSD. Yeah, the Axon will have better sound ... and that Daydream ready 2k display ... but beyond those two bits, how do you find they compare?
    09-06-2016 09:32 PM
    I've been bouncing between the two for weeks now. I have a pre-order on the Axon, but I'm really doubting myself on it. My biggest thing against the OP3 is lack of microSD. Yeah, the Axon will have better sound ... and that Daydream ready 2k display ... but beyond those two bits, how do you find they compare?
    The Axon 7's OS Miflavor is not quite as polished as OP3 but it's not a major point. For example: setting a wallpaper or lock screen cannot be done from the gallery, it must be done from the Settings-> Wallpaper/Lockscreen. If you go through the gallery, it goes to crop but doesn't change the lock screen or wallpaper.
    Also no camera short cut and the way to launch the camera from a locked screen is sluggish and slow.
    The fact the Axon 7 doesn't have back lit dedicated touch buttons really bugs me. At night or in the dark, it's almost impossible to tell where the back button is, and where the home button is. The fact they're so close to each other means I often press home when I meant to go back. This is specially annoying in games.

Camera post processing is better on the OnePlus 3. The Op3 has a more snap it and forget it camera than the Axon 7. It took 2-3 redos on the Axon 7 to get the right shot. The Axon 7 if you tinker with it has a better chance to take better pictures.

As far as performance goes, both are pretty much neck and neck. No stutters or lag with either phone. Both work well for multitasking and are excellent for gaming. So far the 6gb of ram on the OP3 may have shown an advantage one in the entire time, and who really knows if it was an advantage.
    Fingerprint sensors both work very quickly, and unlock the phones quick. The Op3 is just a hair tad bit faster and more reliable for me, however that is not an issue of the sensor but me not being used to a rear mounted fingerprint sensor.

Battery life... this is honestly the hardest part for me to judge because I changed my usage pattern. It seems the Axon 7 and the Op3 may have comparable battery life. If anything the Axon 7 may have a small advantage. I will have more info in the coming days.

I would make a point to pick which one is more aesthetically pleasing. Weigh in the camera /os vs speakers and display and make your decision. For me the OnePlus 3 won due to the soft gold touch, better build quality (buttons are solid an don't wobble like the Axon 7's) backlit buttons and physical home touch button, and better snap and go camera.

It was very close and quite frankly I think I'd be happy with either phone. Maybe if I can't sell my Axon 7 I will just keep it.
    Henaway likes this.
    09-06-2016 10:00 PM
    Thanks for that. I decided that I just have too many reservations, and a bit too much self-doubt about the Axon right now and cancelled my pre-order. My head was saying go that way, but my gut is saying OnePlus. So I think I'm going to drop an order on that one tonight or tomorrow. It's not shipping in Canada for another 10 or 12 days, but that's cool. Unfortunately it's too late to cancel my dbrand skin order for the Axon. LOL It shipped this morning. Oh well, I'm sure I can resell or repurpose them for something. (Hyperblack titanium and mahogany skins, if you know anyone interested!)
    09-06-2016 10:07 PM
    Well I can tell already I'm going to love this phone, speed performance screen, speaker are all excellent, battery seems fine so far (after the first full day) so can only get better, and I'm happy with the camera. And of course the build quality, I have the soft gold one and it looks amazing,and as I love white phones and gold phones, so it's the best of both worlds!
    Oh, and I'm using nova launcher so I can squeeze more icons on to the home screens ๐Ÿ‘
    09-08-2016 02:38 PM

Another UK user. What network you using and have you had any connection issues?

I'm close to buying but will be buying extra charger and car charger too as use sat nav a lot. This is main issue as not native quick charge so can't buy 3rd party (read: better value) add-ons.
    09-09-2016 04:32 PM
28 12