...and I ordered a OnePlus3!

Thankfully lead time has got down to like 10 days. Case already in hand.

iPhone 7 gets announced and I ordered a OnePlus3!-img_6922.jpg
    libra89, Feldon, Matty and 4 others like this.
    09-07-2016 10:42 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6922.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	800.4 KB 
ID:	238810
    Is that case bulky? Product link please
    09-07-2016 11:08 PM
    Is that case bulky? Product link please
    It's not too bad. I run the same one on my Note 5.

https://www.amazon.com/OnePlus-Spige...cUvbUpU5404589
    09-08-2016 06:05 PM
    You wont be dissapointed with the OnePlus 3. and that Spigen case is the one I have on my OnePlus 3 and its absolutely awesome. provides grip and protection but hardly any bulk.

I also have the Pleson temp glass installed on my OnePlus 3. Fits like a charm and doesnt get lifted by the case.

Good luck and enjoy
    SugarMouth likes this.
    09-09-2016 10:36 PM
    You wont be dissapointed with the OnePlus 3. and that Spigen case is the one I have on my OnePlus 3 and its absolutely awesome. provides grip and protection but hardly any bulk.

I also have the Pleson temp glass installed on my OnePlus 3. Fits like a charm and doesnt get lifted by the case.

Good luck and enjoy
    How grippy is this case? Looking at photos, the sides and rear look very smooth.

Posted from my Galaxy Tab Pro
    09-10-2016 03:22 AM
    I use it on my Note 5 and its fits the bill. Grip is good and it slides in and out of pockets with no drama. The buttons are very tactile and fit is excellent.
    MRS DIVA likes this.
    09-10-2016 09:50 AM
    How grippy is this case? Looking at photos, the sides and rear look very smooth.

Not overally grippy. Definitely more grip than the OP3 aluminum body, but not too grippy to a point where it's impossible to pull out of a pocket .

It definitely provides enough grip when in hand so it doesn't slip.

Hope that helps
    MRS DIVA and SugarMouth like this.
    09-10-2016 11:23 AM
    Thanks to Bash_Man and SugarMouth for your opinion on the Spigen case, I wish there were more decent cases for our 'Precious'

I currently have one case for my phone which is so odd for me, I like to have a fair amount of cases to mix things up.

SugarMouth likes this.
    09-10-2016 03:07 PM
    Thanks to Bash_Man and SugarMouth for your opinion on the Spigen case, I wish there were more decent cases for our 'Precious'

I currently have one case for my phone which is so odd for me, I like to have a fair amount of cases to mix things up.

You're very welcome . Fogot to mention is what I like about this case is the fact that it has the opening in the back for the camera, but the fact is I can put the phone down on its back without worrying about the camera glass hitting a desk.

All the cut-outs are precise as well.

But as I mentioned, I combined this case with the Pleson Temp Glass protector and I honestly have to say, I'd rather spend the $30 I spent on this combo than spending twice as much on an otterbox and make my phone 3 times more bulky. but each to their own.

Good luck on your search
    09-10-2016 06:39 PM
    I ordered mine Tuesday night - and it shipped today. Should be in my hands on Tuesday now, according to UPS.

I've ordered a dbrand skin (hyperblack titanium with purple top/bottom/logo), the Orzly TGSP, and Ringke Fusion clear case. I don't use cases often, but I always like to have one for days I know I'm going to be doing 'high risk' stuff with my phone. Really looking forward to getting my hands on this one!

I've read good things about the Pleson TGSPs, but can't find a good source for them in Canada yet. I'll see how I like the Orzly ... and wait to see if OnePlus actually re-makes their curved one so that it doesn't cut off the sides of the display. It seems crazy to me that they can't just ... make the whole thing CLEAR ... and not have to worry about things like that!
    09-10-2016 08:32 PM
    I ordered mine Tuesday night - and it shipped today. Should be in my hands on Tuesday now, according to UPS.

I've ordered a dbrand skin (hyperblack titanium with purple top/bottom/logo), the Orzly TGSP, and Ringke Fusion clear case. I don't use cases often, but I always like to have one for days I know I'm going to be doing 'high risk' stuff with my phone. Really looking forward to getting my hands on this one!

I've read good things about the Pleson TGSPs, but can't find a good source for them in Canada yet. I'll see how I like the Orzly ... and wait to see if OnePlus actually re-makes their curved one so that it doesn't cut off the sides of the display. It seems crazy to me that they can't just ... make the whole thing CLEAR ... and not have to worry about things like that!
    Congrats .

Warning, the current revision of the Orzly TGSP is a bit wide for the OP3, especially if you're going to put it in a case of some kind. That was the first TGSP I ordered and on its own with the phone its fine, but when i put the phone in a case, it lifted the glass as it has a lip to it. I contacted Orzly about that and they're aware of the issue and have a 2nd revision of the TGSP being issed pending release and shipment in the next 2 or so weeks. I would recommend against opening the Orzly product, check with Orzly if its the 1st or 2nd revision. Otherwise, I would suggest returning the product and get the Pleson from ebay canada.

I ordered the Pleson from ebay canada:
    Oneplus 3 Screen Protector PlesonĀ® Full Coverage Oneplus 3 Tempered Glass | eBay

Hope that helps.
    Henaway likes this.
    09-11-2016 07:33 PM
    The shipping on that is ridiculous though!! I'll try the Orzly regardless. The price wasn't bad, a few iced caps at Timmies, and I normally run caseless anyway. So I'll take my chances and watch for a little better deal on the Pleson - or wait and see if OnePlus actually comes out with a revised version of their curved one that won't slice off a mm of the display on us. I'd much rather have a full adhesion protector, but not at the cost of the edges of my display.
    09-11-2016 11:43 PM
    The shipping on that is ridiculous though!! I'll try the Orzly regardless. The price wasn't bad, a few iced caps at Timmies, and I normally run caseless anyway. So I'll take my chances and watch for a little better deal on the Pleson - or wait and see if OnePlus actually comes out with a revised version of their curved one that won't slice off a mm of the display on us. I'd much rather have a full adhesion protector, but not at the cost of the edges of my display.
    100% agree with you. Hence why I paid the extra cost to get the Pleson TGSP so the screen is covered.
    Henaway likes this.
    09-12-2016 12:19 AM
    Hey there.. i got an email this morning saying the pleson tgsp is on sale:
    Oneplus 3 Screen Protector PlesonĀ® Full Coverage Oneplus 3 Tempered Glass | eBay
    09-13-2016 09:06 AM
    Just too bad it's not full adhesion ... just the edges like the Orzly. Although it's probably more case-friendly than the Orzly v1.
    09-13-2016 02:56 PM
    Sadly the OP3 is going back. That PenTile display reminds me of cell phones of many years ago. I have a Note 5 and a iPhone 6S and use a retina display Macbook. As soon as I looked at the OP3 display I felt like I needed glasses.

Oh well, I tried.
    09-14-2016 08:02 PM
    Sadly the OP3 is going back. That PenTile display reminds me of cell phones of many years ago. I have a Note 5 and a iPhone 6S and use a retina display Macbook. As soon as I looked at the OP3 display I felt like I needed glasses.

Oh well, I tried.
    Well, it's still way better than the one in the iPhones, even the new ones. Turn on sRGB mode if you don't like the saturation.
    Henaway likes this.
    09-16-2016 08:23 AM
    Unfortunately It's not the saturation but the lack of clarity of text on the display. Love the phone otherwise and today they appear to have fixed the ultra sensitive display brightness scaling issue.
    09-19-2016 10:25 AM

i love the OnePlus 3. Really wish i had one. its well worth the cash. i cant imagine spending $650 + for a smartphone. the $399 price range is perfect value for money. ^_^
    verpeiler likes this.
    09-21-2016 12:36 PM
    Agree! Problem is I am comparing it to a Note 5 and a iPhone 6S and the screens just don't compare. In all fairness those phones are $650-$700. What is interesting though is my old Note 3 has a screen with much more clarity than the OP3 and that phone came out 3 years ago.
    09-22-2016 06:16 PM
    Oneplus 3 its the best phone right now, not only because of the price but the balance of hardware and software, features, everything!
    I'll buy one ASAP too
    verpeiler likes this.
    09-23-2016 07:17 AM