Can you set different text notification sounds for each contact??

GentleMuser

May 20, 2015
Visit site
May be a stupid thing, but that is simply a must-have for me. My HTC M7 did it, and my Note 4 does it.
I had a ZTE Axon 7 for 24 hours. It had a hardware issue that required me to take it back, but might have anyway since I couldn't set individual text tones. (Too bad!! Super phone and those speakers were awesome!)
So, can this be done on the OP3??

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for a late response.

I'm not sure how the customized notification sounds for individual contacts are actually implemented through those other phones, but I don't see anything through the contacts app for that setting. You can set individual ringtones but not notification sounds.

However, you can set individual notification sounds with the stock messenger app and third party apps as well. I think only using the stock notification sounds though. Hope that helps. Let me know if you need clarifying of anything.

Henaway

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
May be a stupid thing, but that is simply a must-have for me. My HTC M7 did it, and my Note 4 does it.
I had a ZTE Axon 7 for 24 hours. It had a hardware issue that required me to take it back, but might have anyway since I couldn't set individual text tones. (Too bad!! Super phone and those speakers were awesome!)
So, can this be done on the OP3??
Yes, you can set individual text tones. In the messenger app, just go into a conversation with the contact, hit the three dot menu, go into People & options, tap Sound, and select your tone. Ringtones are set on their own in the contact settings.

It took me a bit to find where to set things, because they're in different areas, but yes, you can absolutely set individual text tones on the OP3!

I almost bought the Axon 7. Had it pre-ordered, changed my mind the night before it was going to ship and got the OP3 instead. Camera raw and developer support were the big swing votes for me. Even if I'd have preferred the speakers and 2k screen! I'm actually liking having the fingerprint scanner on the front too. Not sure I'd have enjoyed it on the back as much ... I tap it a lot while it's sitting on a table or in my car mount. Front facing is definitely a plus in those situations!

GentleMuser

May 20, 2015
Visit site
That's a really good point about the fingerprint scanner. Then again I set it not to lock when my Zenwatch is connected.
THANK you for the reply with the very specific info! VERY much appreciated!
I don't think I like the Pixel phones, and I sure don't like their price!! MAY wait for the Huawei or the other one I can't think of right now. HATE my memory.....
Then if I opt for the OP3 I will have wasted half a year of its new-ness.....
*edit*
BTW, can you set custom text tones from say Zedge or similar or just the always weak on board tones??

Last edited:

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I had the rear fingerprint scanner on my LG G2 and sold it within two weeks. Why manufacturers put the scanner on the back of the phone is beyond me. I use my thumb for the front scanner and it's in the perfect location, on the bottom of the phone. The back scanner is high up on the back of these phones and it's at awkward reach with your index finger. You need full grip on the phone! Can't unlock it while laying on a surface as @henaway mentioned, it's so dumb in my opinion. Main reason I'll never buy the pixel, ohhhhhh and that awful price tag!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol