10-15-2016 09:10 AM
44 12
tools
    USA based. Estimated ship date is 10/21. Hope that improves. But it is what it is. I hope my mail-order experience is a pleasant one!

I also ordered a Diztronic slim-fit case. I figure if I don't like it, I can try a Spigen Rugged Armor case (about double the price of the Diztronic).

Before I ordered, I called AT&T to verify there were no issues putting this unlocked phone in service and was told it was a simple process. So hopefully connectivity issues with AT&T have been resolved.
    10-04-2016 03:11 PM
    I have a feeling that Oneplus 3 and HTC 10 sales took a little boost since the event ended.
    10-04-2016 03:15 PM
    I have a feeling that Oneplus 3 and HTC 10 sales took a little boost since the event ended.
    Very tempted to move on from my Nexsus 6P to OnePlus 3, but not sure if worth it as an upgrade.
    10-04-2016 05:27 PM
    Very tempted to move on from my Nexsus 6P to OnePlus 3, but not sure if worth it as an upgrade.
    I'll say from my own experience having both, i Iiked the one plus better. Better size, great in hand. Good battery, I really liked the camera on that phone. The 6p was great but I think Oneplus 3 was better. I think it would be a solid upgrade.
    Brandwin, Feldon and keyzlife like this.
    10-04-2016 05:55 PM
    I have yet to see a OP3 in person. And I saw my first 6P the other day at BestBuy. It was a demo model running Nougat 7.0. I was very impressed with the 6P, but couldn't justify the price for a SD810 SoC that's now a year old... especially when the OP3 is a current year phone running the SD 820 SoC.

While I have no idea how they compare, I found the 6P very compelling in person. I like the size, but wish it had OIS and a better battery. I'd love to see a 6P-s or whatever the updated and improved version might have been. That would have appealed much more to me than the Pixels that were introduced today. Especially at those prices.
    Brandwin likes this.
    10-04-2016 08:02 PM
    I have a feeling that Oneplus 3 and HTC 10 sales took a little boost since the event ended..
    Not to mention the ZTE Axon 7 and interest in the unlocked Moto Z Play due to be released on 10/20. And I also have to wonder if interest in the 6P/5X will also take an upward spike too.
    Feldon likes this.
    10-04-2016 08:05 PM
    Same here, I didn't wait till today's announcement, I figured last week that the leaked price was pretty sure, and was only considering a 5.5" phone, I ordered my OnePlus 3 last Monday (September 26th) and my OP3 got delivered here in the USA on Monday October 3rd. So 1 week from order to delivery, I can't see the 5.5 Pixel being worth practically twice the price. Owned a OP1 very early on in the beginning of the OnePlus days, they sure have come a long way since then. Very happy with my OP3 and I hung on to my Nexus 6 worth more to me to keep it than what they are selling for these days.
    10-04-2016 08:34 PM
    Same here, I didn't wait till today's announcement, I figured last week that the leaked price was pretty sure, and was only considering a 5.5" phone, I ordered my OnePlus 3 last Monday (September 26th) and my OP3 got delivered here in the USA on Monday October 3rd. So 1 week from order to delivery, I can't see the 5.5 Pixel being worth practically twice the price. Owned a OP1 very early on in the beginning of the OnePlus days, they sure have come a long way since then. Very happy with my OP3 and I hung on to my Nexus 6 worth more to me to keep it than what they are selling for these days.
    That's very interesting. Do you recall the expected ship date and delivery? Was OP quoting 3 weeks at the time you ordered?

I was very tempted to pull the trigger on the OP3 last week too. But I'd waited this long, so figured I might as well wait it out and see for sure. Sigh. Just a wasted week for me.
    10-04-2016 08:46 PM
    When I ordered mine last month, it ended up shipping and arriving a full week ahead of the original estimate. Was originally to arrive the 22nd, ended up here on the 15th ... after getting "lost" by UPS for a couple of days in Winnipeg before hitting the truck for delivery. I've been amused by the number of "going to get a OP3" comments this morning following the launch. Hope they can keep up with new demand! ZTE should have a big run with the Axon 7 too. Almost bought that instead, but cancelled my pre-order after days of nagging doubts. Mainly in regards to camera and software support. Turns out they've been doing an admirable job on the updates so far, but OP is better - and they won't void your warranty if you unlock the bootloader and start flashing roms. Having camera raw was a bigger deal to me than the stereo speakers and 2k display.

Really happy with my choice ... and I'm 99% certain I have the only OP3 in town! Most people haven't even heard of the company. I'm okay with that.
    Feldon likes this.
    10-04-2016 09:35 PM
    Just curious if you had an update to Oxygen when you got your OP3? Or did it come with the latest version?

I've been in Samsung's ecosystem for so long I'll probably be a bit lost for a bit. And loving every minute of it.
    10-04-2016 09:59 PM
    Just curious if you had an update to Oxygen when you got your OP3? Or did it come with the latest version?

I've been in Samsung's ecosystem for so long I'll probably be a bit lost for a bit. And loving every minute of it.
    Same here being in Sammy's ecosystem. I just placed my order for the OP3 and currently have a s7 edge. I will keep the s7 edge bc I do like using Samsung pay, but I want a fully stock android experience. Really excited to see what the OP3 brings to the table and how it compares to the S7E.
    10-04-2016 10:45 PM
    I can't believe sold my unlocked HTC 10 last month (and went back to my Nexus 5) and waited for this event. FU Google! I am thinking about ordering the One Plus 3 which would be big for me since generally against buying a phone from a Chinese company.

Can anyone tell me about the OnePlus 3 phone dialer? I know the phone is almost stock Android but it doesn't have the Google Phone dialer correct?
    Feldon likes this.
    10-04-2016 11:43 PM
    If I had lil bit more cash and longer fingers, I would have chosen 6p over Op3 anyday? Why would you wanna make the shift? I have had op3 for a week, and though it's a really nice phone, they could have done a better job with the battery. And you got stock android and fastest updates.
    10-05-2016 12:41 AM
    If I had lil bit more cash and longer fingers, I would have chosen 6p over Op3 anyday. Why would you wanna make the shift? I have had op3 for a week, and though it's a really nice phone, they could have done a better job with the battery. And you got stock android and fastest updates.
    10-05-2016 12:42 AM
    I can't believe sold my unlocked HTC 10 last month (and went back to my Nexus 5) and waited for this event. FU Google! I am thinking about ordering the One Plus 3 which would be big for me since generally against buying a phone from a Chinese company.

Can anyone tell me about the OnePlus 3 phone dialer? I know the phone is almost stock Android but it doesn't have the Google Phone dialer correct?
    The dialer is pretty much the same as in my nexus 5. I moved from nexus 5 to op3. it's definitely a nicer phone. but i was hoping for a better battery life, tbh. I am getting hardlu 4 hours of screen on time.
    10-05-2016 12:44 AM
    That's very interesting. Do you recall the expected ship date and delivery? Was OP quoting 3 weeks at the time you ordered?

I was very tempted to pull the trigger on the OP3 last week too. But I'd waited this long, so figured I might as well wait it out and see for sure. Sigh. Just a wasted week for me.
    The estimated delivery date from OnePlus was October 14th, the phone arrived at the local DHL office on October 3rd.
    10-05-2016 05:49 AM

I just received my OP3 on Monday and if did one update that brought it to version 3.2.7 I believe that is the most current OTA, stock version.
    10-05-2016 05:51 AM
    Couple of things holding me back are after sales support and updates to future versions of android, starting with nougat.

Granted the co has said they are updating to N but no timescale given. Could be this time next year.
    10-05-2016 06:42 AM
    Hmm. I thought I read that Nougat was expected for the OP3 by the end of this year. Not sure where I read that in all my rambling research though. Regardless, it will come a lot sooner than Lollipop 5.1 to my old GS4.
    10-05-2016 07:30 AM
    You know? That thread title just doesn't look right saying "a" OP3. Maybe it should have been "an" OP3. But in my brain, I see OP3 and think Oneplus 3. So "a" is appropriate there. But it just doesn't look right when I read it. :-/
    10-05-2016 07:34 AM

As someone who used Nexus devices before jumping over, I have been extremely happy with One Plus. It has a great stock feel with additional enhancements that I find beneficial and not useless. I have even had very good experiences with their customer service as well. I don't know where the One Plus hate comes from as I have yet to experience anything bad. I definitely enjoyed the 1+3 over the HTC 10 and I had both. As for the dialer, it doesn't have the google dialer but it looks a lot like it and for me it works great.
    10-05-2016 11:07 AM
    Not to mention the ZTE Axon 7 and interest in the unlocked Moto Z Play due to be released on 10/20. And I also have to wonder if interest in the 6P/5X will also take an upward spike too.
    I have an Axon 7 coming in tomorrow to try out next. So far my favorite phone of the year has been the One Plus 3 so I am looking forward to seeing how it compares.
    Feldon likes this.
    10-05-2016 11:08 AM
    Hmmm...I think its an upgrade but you do lose out on the front facing speakers and a better display. 1+3 beats it everywhere else imo.
    Brandwin likes this.
    10-05-2016 11:14 AM
    Hmmm...I think its an upgrade but you do lose out on the front facing speakers and a better display. 1+3 beats it everywhere else imo.
    So maybe not an upgrade that is worth it, unless I could sell my 6P to offset the cost and pay about $100 out of pocket for OP3?

Maybe it's best to ride with the 6P (mine still runs great) and see what comes out early next year. The rumored specs for the OP4 sound amazing!
    anon(470989) likes this.
    10-05-2016 12:43 PM
    As for the dialer, it doesn't have the google dialer but it looks a lot like it and for me it works great.
    By any chance is there a dark theme for the stock dialer?
    10-05-2016 12:50 PM
44 12