This could definitely be interesting!

OnePlus 4 Rumors: Killer Specs For Half The Price Of An iPhone 7 : Tech : iTech Post

If OP can properly manage their business and continue to design and deliver killer hardware at current prices, they are going to be a force to be reckoned with. And sooner rather than later.

I anxiously await my first OP device, coming from the Samsung ecosystem.
    10-10-2016 07:01 PM
    It's idle speculation at this point... There's likely several months before we see the Oneplus 4.

I do wonder if they'll call it the Oneplus 4 or go with a different name for the Chinese market.
    10-10-2016 08:14 PM
    Oh yeah, I realize that. But it's still kinda fun to consider what might emerge in the next 6-8 months!
    10-10-2016 10:10 PM
    All I think they should do is have a bigger battery and keep the price the same, it'll be good. They may go for a higher resolution and better performing camera.

It'll be really disappointing if they raise the price, but hopefully in the face of competition from xiaomi and zte they don't do that.
    10-11-2016 04:04 AM
    I anxiously await my first OP device, coming from the Samsung ecosystem.
    I've had lots of Samsung's and this is my first OP - I'm very happy to have left Touchwiz behind and I'm probably never going back.
    Feldon likes this.
    10-11-2016 07:16 AM
    I've had lots of Samsung's and this is my first OP - I'm very happy to have left Touchwiz behind and I'm probably never going back.
    Hey Jonny,

I as well most likely won't ever go back to Sammy. First off, the OP3 NEVER gets even the slightest bit of warm. My s7e always seemed to run warm while charging or watching videos/playing games. Using the OP3 really shows all the lag I had on the s7e because the OP3 is so smooth it is like a breath of fresh air compared to the lag that I never really noticed while using my s7e until now.

Battery wise, it is incredible. Some days are better than others, but it smokes my s7e. Pretty ironic being that the s7e has 3600mah compared to the 3000mah of the OP3. My android system percentage was always rocket high surpassing the SOT percentage on the s7e. On the OP3 android system hasn't even gone over 10%! it is quite outrageous how much better battery life I am getting on the OP3 due to no bloatware and its awesome RAM management. I am super happy with this device, it really is impressive.
    JonnyT likes this.
    10-11-2016 09:40 AM
    My upgrade picks for OP4...

• Water resistance (IP68)
    • Bigger battery
    • MicroSD
    • Fingerprint sensor on front and back (don't know why no one has tried this yet)
    • Lumia Glance equivalent (always on lock screen display - and no, it's not a big drain on the battery if done right)

Retaining current camera and 1080p screen ok with me. Battery life more important to me than exceeding 400ppi.
    jamezr likes this.
    10-11-2016 11:46 AM
    Since I have yet to receive my OP3, I can only generally comment. But yes, I'd like to see IP68 certification, but not having it won't kill the sale for me.

While I'd like to have the SD card option, I'm fine without that if I can have at least 128GB of internal storage. But what I'd really like to have is the option of a large, removable battery.

I don't know that I want the FPS on the back. Mainly, because I put a metal plate between the back of the phone and the case so I can attach to a magnetic vent mount in my vehicles. I use this all the time. A FPS on the back will restrict when that metal plate can go.

I don't do VR, so I'm happy with 1080P as long as I can see the screen in bright light. My old Galaxy S4 is painfully dim outside in those conditions and I have to find a shady spot to see the screen. I hope the OP3 improves on that.

I also prefer a really, really good camera with excellent low light capabilities and strong OIS. I have yet to experience the OP3 camera, so I don't know what to suggest to improve on in that regard.

I'm ready to be a big fan of OP. But they have to get product out the door and support it in a timely manner with both hardware and software support. From all I read, the software support has recently been impressive. But I have to say that some reports give me pause for thought when it comes to supporting the hardware.

Time will tell.
    10-11-2016 02:43 PM
    How does this screen compare to the Note 7? I know its not as bright, but otherwise is it as vibrant and rich?
    10-11-2016 04:48 PM
    How does this screen compare to the Note 7? I know its not as bright, but otherwise is it as vibrant and rich?
    No. Much as I like my Oneplus 3, nothing matches Samsung in terms of display quality.

It's not something you're likely to notice unless you have the two side by side though.
    10-11-2016 04:52 PM
    I agree with @fuzzylumpkin. I'm coming from the s7 edge which has the same display specs as the note 7 and I can say I'm extremely impressed with the OP3 display quality. The quad HD display is nice on Samsung but not enough to actually make me miss it
    10-11-2016 05:59 PM
    I have S7E as well and tired of poor gaming performance, how much OP3 better than the S7E in terms of gaming performance, battery etc?

S7E still has the best camera and display, was it hard to give it up?
    10-12-2016 06:45 AM
    10-12-2016 07:06 AM
    Bigger batteries are always better so that would be good, but the biggest issue for me is the software. I don't want to see the merger of Oxygen and Hydrogen result in something very unlike pure Android. I bought the OP3 since it was relatively pure Android, has fantastic specs and a great price. In that order. I'm also one of the people who loves the silence switch on the side. Don't lose that OP!
    tpmbb10, speedlever and jamezr like this.
    10-12-2016 07:49 AM
    No. Much as I like my Oneplus 3, nothing matches Samsung in terms of display quality.

It's not something you're likely to notice unless you have the two side by side though.
    Yeah I have to agree, Samsung displays are pretty unbeatable for me. That said, I actually breathed a sigh of relief when I switched on my OP3 display and found it to be brilliant. It's a delight to view, even if the Samsung would win out of the two. For what it's worth, I'd trade Quad HD for 1080p for battery life purposes every time.
    10-12-2016 10:44 AM
    I'm actually hoping these rumours are false, Oneplus aren't good at supporting multiple devices, and I would rather super for my phone not end just yet.
    10-12-2016 11:17 AM
    I'm actually hoping these rumours are false, Oneplus aren't good at supporting multiple devices, and I would rather super for my phone not end just yet.
    I agree. I just ordered this phone the other day. If they come out with another variant, I think OS support could suffer. Their "plus" or "s" model will get the attention.

I know it's just rumors at this point, but it does have me reconsidering this phone.
    10-12-2016 12:34 PM
    So the OP3+/S upgrades are just a distraction to get customers to "settle" for an LCD panel instead of AMOLED. I recall the LCD was the big thing people didn't like about the OP2.
    10-12-2016 12:55 PM
    Well, this makes me feel much better about my purchase. Looking forward to seeing my new phone, hopefully it ships earlier than the current estimate.

OnePlus: “we are still making the OnePlus 3”
    10-12-2016 05:36 PM
    Well, this makes me feel much better about my purchase. Looking forward to seeing my new phone, hopefully it ships earlier than the current estimate.

OnePlus: “we are still making the OnePlus 3”
    I wasn't worried about it. There's always going to be a new best thing on the market in a few months from whenever you purchase... just like computers.

The nice thing about OP is that at the going price, I can get another new $400 phone in a couple of years that will be current then and have a near pure Android (no bloat) experience vs buying a 2016 flagship for nearly $1000 and trying to run that out for 4 years. Now with Apple, I could see that working out reasonably well. But not with Android. Even the Pixel will likely fall short with 2 year OS updates and 3 year security updates unless Google wises up and extends both of those time frames.

OP has a great opportunity in front of them. I hope they can deliver product and manage their growth with quality support.

We'll see.
    10-12-2016 06:51 PM
    I've noticed that since I ordered my OP3 on 10/4, shipping dates have dropped from 4 weeks to 2 weeks to 12 days as of this evening. It certainly won't hurt my feelings if my phone gets here sooner rather than later!
    10-12-2016 10:24 PM