Oneplus 3T or Oneplus4, will you wait?

jack92029

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
There are "rumors" that OP will be updating the OP3 with the OP3T latter this month. The biggest changes are the upgrade to the Snapdragon 821 processor and the possible improvement to the camera using the Sony IMX398 (jointly developed by Oppo and Sony).

I need a new phone, and the OP3T looks like what I want IF they add the Sony IMX398.

Anyone else thinking about the OP3T. Comments...

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
The 3t is only a rumour, it might not be real. Personally I don't think it is. Plus if it is true, it will only be extremely iterative and not really worth it.

But the pricing is what has me thinking it won't be real. The Oneplus 3 has barely dropped in price, in fact in the UK it is more expensive (thanks brexit). So if they release 3t, it would have to be more expensive, and then the oneplus 4 would have to be even more expensive. I just don't see that happening, and Oneplus know that while they can push the price a bit, they don't have much room for price hikes, with competitors like ZTE right behind them.

But if it is true, I'm still waiting for the Oneplus 4. The performance and future proofing would be better, would get more os updates probably (3t would probably only get the same amount as oneplus 3), and I can hold out for hopefully a better battery and camera then. Plus I could check if competitors like ZTE put out a better product too.

But again, I don't think it is happening, and even if it is I would go for the Oneplus 3 or Oneplus 4.

cbb77

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I bet this is indeed going to be coming out. I bet the main thing is 128GB version vs. 64GB. This is probably to compete with the larger iPhones and some of the other Android phones that offer SD card. To me, a 128GB model would be perfect as I previously had a 64GB SD card in my prior phone and I ran close to capacity. This is due to amount of music, photos and backups that I liked to keep handy with me. To me, this added capacity would be much more worthwhile than the updated processor or camera. I think the Oneplus 3 is close to perfect except the storage. 128GB should cover and resolve most folks concern on lack of SD card including mine.

MrkCrwly

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday the wait was 14 days in USA for a 1+3. Today it is out of stock. Rumor is 3T is out Nov 14th. Is the 3+1 done?
Maybe the 3T with 64gb will be $399 and $479 are for 128 gb with a 3300 battery. Need more than a 821 and updated camera sensor for $80 more. $80 bucks is a big jump for a $400 phone.
Got a 1+3 delivered today for my wife. Wow.

cbb77

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Need more than a 821 and updated camera sensor for $80 more. $80 bucks is a big jump for a $400 phone.

I don't think so if the rumors are true and you get 3 bumps, memory, processor and camera. No one else in the market is doing that. Some phones do indeed offer larger memory option but nothing else. If Oneplus does indeed include all 3 for $80 increment, then they just blew the competition away again and will set a new standard. Apple charges $100 for increased capacity and nothing else.

MrkCrwly

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't think so if the rumors are true and you get 3 bumps, memory, processor and camera. No one else in the market is doing that. Some phones do indeed offer larger memory option but nothing else. If Oneplus does indeed include all 3 for $80 increment, then they just blew the competition away again and will set a new standard. Apple charges $100 for increased capacity and nothing else.

Agreed. Double the storage is big. The latest SoC or camera chip are just tech moving forward and replace an older chip. 128gb plus, 821 and camera would be a bargain at $479. Add a bigger battery and another great bang for the buck phone.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I would honestly consider returning my OP3 for the OP3T while in my return window if I had any confidence the 3T would hit the market this month and actually be available this month. But mainly for the 128GB storage. I *assume* the camera would be an upgrade. And the SD821 would be ok, but I wouldn't swap my OP3 for just the SoC itself.

I'm not sure how much quicker a phone can respond considering the speed of the OP3. But I do feel a bit constrained on space having come from a 32GB GS4 with a 64GB SD card.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
That blows. I ordered the it again for the third time. I really love the Dual SIM but I keep selling it because I have to upgrade.

JonnyT

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'll be holding out for the OP4 :)

I love my OP3, and if I were to change anything on it, it certainly wouldn't be a higher-res screen and quicker processor to worsen my battery life! I guess the higher storage is a bigger thing for some people though, so I can see some people getting it for that. My hope is that the negative feedback on the OP3T's battery life will ensure the OP4 has an even better battery life than the OP3.

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Can't wait for the official announcement on Tuesday. I will definitely snatch the 3T if it has 128GB. I really don't even care about the rest. 64GB just isn't enough without a SD card slot.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I just got my third OnePlus 3 today and depending on the price and specs I'll have no problem selling it again. FML. LOL

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
There are "rumors" that OP will be updating the OP3 with the OP3T latter this month. The biggest changes are the upgrade to the Snapdragon 821 processor and the possible improvement to the camera using the Sony IMX398 (jointly developed by Oppo and Sony).

I need a new phone, and the OP3T looks like what I want IF they add the Sony IMX398.

Anyone else thinking about the OP3T. Comments...

The 1+3 & the Nexus 6p were my top two choices when choosing phones recently. I went with 6p since it did better in low light & seemed to have better video. I'm definitely curious to see how the 1+3t's latest camera and video quality compares to what's out there..

There should be some good deals for black Friday so you also might want to hold off till then, see what feedback you get about the 1+3t and compare things then

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes