Hello everyone!

I currently have the Moto X 2014 Pure Edition. So I'm in the market for a new phone. The Google Pixel XL is what I'm looking at...But then One+3T comes along and peeks my interest...How are the updates and what the day to day like with it as a main device? The price is one factor that I liked about it. It puts it back inline with the Moto X pricing.

Any thoughts? Any reason NOT to order this phone? What are the reasons that I should? I guess I'm on the fence and I need to be pushed off! Help!!!

Any information would be great.

Thank you!
    11-28-2016 08:48 AM
    It seems like a good device. I have the standard Pixel, and I like it. If I could do it all over, I probably still would get the Pixel.
    cgardnervt and libra89 like this.
    11-28-2016 09:05 AM
    The differences that make the pixel better is the camera ONLY. That is not worth the 300$ premium they are asking. Get the OP3T and never look back.
    11-28-2016 09:43 AM
    Got a OnePlus 3t myself and love it! Coming recently from an iPhone SE I've had plenty of Android phones but this 3t is amazing! Best bang for your buck, Pixel is not worth the premium IMO.
    race4life and SteveLA like this.
    11-28-2016 04:33 PM
    Definitely not impressed with the Pixel. The only reason I would recommend the Pixel over the 3T would be if you are on Verizon. Unfortunately the 3T doesn't provide 4G LTE for Verizon, thus wouldn't recommend it if you are with them. Otherwise, 3T all day. I have the original Oneplus 3 and totally love it. For the money the 3T is definitely the way to go. Add on top of that that Oneplus fully supports the Dev community with Custom ROMS and to me it's a no brainer.
    race4life likes this.
    11-28-2016 06:18 PM
    Do any Oneplus 3 owners find the phone to be too big? I used to be all about big phones but now I look for something that is comfortable in my pocket. Does the phone feel big or is it easy to handle? Can it be used one handed? I'm guessing not at 5.5 inches but still curious.
    cgardnervt likes this.
    11-28-2016 07:43 PM
    The differences that make the pixel better is the camera ONLY. That is not worth the 300$ premium they are asking. Get the OP3T and never look back.
    True but the camera on the op3 isn't bad as well
    cgardnervt likes this.
    11-29-2016 12:34 AM
    Here's an interesting perspective on the OP3T vs the Pixel XL and Galaxy 7E:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/com...neplus_3t_and/

I was in the market for a new phone this year and really wanted to go Nexus before the Pixel intervened. So I patiently waited for the Pixel XL to be official, and immediately ordered the OP3 on Pixel release day when all the rumors were confirmed. If I wanted an iPhone, I would have bought an iPhone, and nearly did.

But then I figured if the OP3 worked out (which I have been very pleased with), I could trade phones every 2 years instead of every 3 to 4 years and stay current for about the same price as buying a conventional 2016 flagship. And in 2 years, that 2016 flagship will be a forgotten piece of hardware from a support perspective anyway.
    cgardnervt and SteveLA like this.
    11-29-2016 06:50 AM
    Just got a 3T after a little over a year with a Note 5. The only thing I miss is the stylus and the camera app. The stylus I can get over, and I can get a different camera app. So far my battery life is substantially better and the phone feels incredibly snappy, even compared to the Note. I haven't tried a Pixel yet, but I wanted to offer my experience, albeit short, thus far. For the price it feels hard to beat the 3T. The good news is, regardless of what you pick, you're going to be getting a fantastic device. Good luck with your choice!
    cgardnervt likes this.
    12-01-2016 09:39 AM
    I have the 128GB Quite Black Pixel. I came from a 128GB Matte Black iPhone 7 Plus. My Pixel is SUBSTANTIALLY faster than my iPhone was (which is surprising). I would LOVE to try to OP3t but I'm on VZW so I cannot. That said I cannot give a perspective on it. I can give an overview over my Pixel though.

The phone feels great in the hands. The 5" screen is almost the sweet spot to me. I'd like 5.2" but oh well. I had the Pixel XL originally but I got tired of the cumbersome size. Just as I did with the iPhone 7 Plus. Also, it is SNAPPY as all get out. Fastest phone I have ever used.
    12-01-2016 06:29 PM
    Can you comment on the SOT of the 3T?
    thanks!

Just got a 3T after a little over a year with a Note 5. The only thing I miss is the stylus and the camera app. The stylus I can get over, and I can get a different camera app. So far my battery life is substantially better and the phone feels incredibly snappy, even compared to the Note. I haven't tried a Pixel yet, but I wanted to offer my experience, albeit short, thus far. For the price it feels hard to beat the 3T. The good news is, regardless of what you pick, you're going to be getting a fantastic device. Good luck with your choice!
    12-01-2016 09:37 PM
    Pixel will be good
    It better be for $300 more.
    12-01-2016 09:51 PM
    If the Pexel/XL and the One Plus 3T where the same price would you still have picked the 3T over the Pixel?...Just wondering!
    12-02-2016 07:25 AM
    Personally, I would. I waited until the Pixel XL was confirmed before ordering my OP3. I've been very pleased with it thus far. I simply don't see the value in the nearly $900 Pixel XL/128. I'd save the $400 difference and think about the OP4 or OP5 in a year or two.
    12-02-2016 07:31 AM
    Personally, I would. I waited until the Pixel XL was confirmed before ordering my OP3. I've been very pleased with it thus far. I simply don't see the value in the nearly $900 Pixel XL/128. I'd save the $400 difference and think about the OP4 or OP5 in a year or two.
    WOW Sorry I meant to ask...

If the Pexel/XL and the One Plus 3T where the same price would you still have picked the 3T over the Pixel?...Just wondering!

Sorry for the error! At work and doing many things at the same time! I will edit the message up top.
    12-02-2016 08:58 AM
    WOW Sorry I meant to ask...

Sorry for the error! At work and doing many things at the same time! I will edit the message up top.
    That's a little tougher because I would be conflicted. While I would prefer Nougat 7.1 with seamless updates, I do not care at all for the Apple-esque design of the Pixel. The camera has a lot of promise, but seems to be having its share of problems too.

Perhaps the gen 2 Pixel will fix some of the shortcomings that I perceive. However, now that I've tasted of what OP has to offer, I may not be so easily persuaded to move to Pixel unless they are indeed priced very closely.

I find the OP3 to really hit my sweet spot for value. Top tier specs and build and mid-tier pricing. I like the combo. And OP appears to be making good on their support. At least, it's better than what I got from my carrier provided Galaxy S4.
    cgardnervt likes this.
    12-02-2016 10:50 AM
    That's a little tougher because I would be conflicted. While I would prefer Nougat 7.1 with seamless updates, I do not care at all for the Apple-esque design of the Pixel. The camera has a lot of promise, but seems to be having its share of problems too.

Perhaps the gen 2 Pixel will fix some of the shortcomings that I perceive. However, now that I've tasted of what OP has to offer, I may not be so easily persuaded to move to Pixel unless they are indeed priced very closely.

I find the OP3 to really hit my sweet spot for value. Top tier specs and build and mid-tier pricing. I like the combo. And OP appears to be making good on their support. At least, it's better than what I got from my carrier provided Galaxy S4.
    Great reply! I like the honesty here as well.
    12-02-2016 12:19 PM
    Great reply! I like the honesty here as well.
    I was all set to spend ~$1000 on a 2016 flagship, but just couldn't swallow the price for something I knew would be abandoned in 2 years or less. Even Google only guarantees support for 2 years OS and 3 years security for the Nexus/Pixel. So if I wanted value for my money, I'd have to spend the same amount on an iP7+/128 and at least get 3 to 4 years of support.

But given how quickly things change in the smartphone world, I just couldn't spend that much for something I'd want/need to replace that quickly. I see enough of iOS on my iPad and just could not make the change from Android.

Fortunately, I developed a new appreciation and interest in what I perceived to be an off-brand (OP) and a one-off OS (Oxygen). I discovered that the OP3 has a near pure Android experience and OOS adds some nice touches. While I don't get the instant updates to the latest OS like Nexus/Pixle/Apple, OP seems to be delivering upgrades quicker than I ever saw them on my GS4 with AT&T. The only bloat on my phone is what I put on there.

I have no issues with the 1080P screen. I find it excellent. The camera does well for me. Battery life is good. I like the 5.5 inch screen size and overall size of the phone.

The only thing I don't care for is the stock Android dialer. I miss my speed dial option.

I recognize my choice is not the choice for everyone. But I couldn't find a better value for the money except maybe the ZTE Axon 7 or maybe the Moto Z Play. Good luck with your decision.
    cgardnervt, jodeg1945 and SteveLA like this.
    12-02-2016 02:09 PM
    I'm getting myself the OP3T...But I gotta wait 4 weeks until it ships! By then 7.0 should be on it as well! I'm excited.
    12-02-2016 02:55 PM
    If OP3T worked on Verizon I would definitely try it.
    12-02-2016 06:55 PM
    If OP3T worked on Verizon I would definitely try it.
    It's funny, I see this statement on many forums. Don't know why anyone stays on Verizon.. Lol
    12-02-2016 08:04 PM
    It's funny, I see this statement on many forums. Don't know why anyone stays on Verizon.. Lol
    VZW is good, but like any other service, they have dead spots for service. I have relatives who have been on VZW forever and won't leave, even though they have almost no service at their house. My ATT service works great in their house. Oh well.
    12-02-2016 08:50 PM
    Where I live, VZW is the only service provider where I get service. All other carriers have horrible coverage. I did not want to switch at first but after have them for almost 2 months I am very pleased with the coverage I get everywhere I go. I have hit less dead spots with VZW than I did with any other carrier.

On the flip side, they are very difficult to get phones with. They do no support several devices I'd like to try. I LOVE my 128GB Quite Black Pixel but I love technology and would love to try the mid ranged devices to see if maybe I would want to save some money and use one. It sucks. Lol
    12-03-2016 10:13 AM
    Does VZW have a byod program? Or are they pretty specific about the phones they allow on their system?

I was happy that AT&T seems pretty open to whatever GSM device you want to bring to their system. I suspect TMo is the same. Not sure about Sprint.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    12-03-2016 10:23 AM
    Does VZW have a byod program? Or are they pretty specific about the phones they allow on their system?

I was happy that AT&T seems pretty open to whatever GSM device you want to bring to their system. I suspect TMo is the same. Not sure about Sprint.
    Verizon is pretty picky. OP phones will not work on VZW.
    12-03-2016 10:44 AM