I recently read that Nova is visibly slower on the OP3 than the stock launcher around mid-thread here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/com...neplus_3t_and/

So I thought I'd look and see if I can tell any difference. I backed up my Nova settings and am currently setting up the stock launcher to my liking. I've used NP for so long, I don't know if I'll notice a difference or not... other than lacking the customization that NP offers.

Anyone noticed any difference between the two launchers?
    11-29-2016 09:59 AM
    I will be interested to hear your feedback! I tried Nova for the first time shortly after I purchased my OP3 and have been using it ever since. Been thinking about changing it up lately though...
    11-29-2016 11:02 AM
    I can't imagine losing Nova.
    ironass likes this.
    11-30-2016 08:43 AM
    I can't imagine losing Nova.
    Wot 'e said ^^^
    11-30-2016 10:32 AM
    I still don't have the stock launcher fully set up, but am a long way into it. I immediately miss my unread notifications. So I keep switching back into Nova Prime. The icons are larger in the stock launcher. But I can't really tell any difference in operational speed between them.

I don't see the stock launcher staying up for me.
    11-30-2016 02:25 PM
    Since I also have the Pixel, running Nova Prime. I kept the stock on my OnePlus 3.

Reason. It's great and love that I can change the Icons so it keeps me happy...for now but it's been a few weeks and usually as much as I don't mind stock I switch after a day or two.

If the Pixel XL allowed me to change the Icons I have no problem going back and forth. After all that's the beauty of android.
    11-30-2016 06:17 PM
    Probably nonsense, but I'm not willing to switch to the oxygen launcher to find out #NeverSettle lol.
    11-30-2016 06:42 PM
    I have a question for anybody using Nova Prime and coming from a device with a higher screen resolution to the 3/3t: does the HD screen decrease NP's maximum grid size? I'm using a 10x12 grid with NP and I would like to keep it that way if I picked up a 3t.
    12-06-2016 04:43 PM
    I have a question for anybody using Nova Prime and coming from a device with a higher screen resolution to the 3/3t: does the HD screen decrease NP's maximum grid size? I'm using a 10x12 grid with NP and I would like to keep it that way if I picked up a 3t.
    Maximum grid size running Nova prime on the Oneplus 3 is 12x12.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    12-06-2016 08:42 PM
    Maximum grid size running Nova prime on the Oneplus 3 is 12x12.
    Perfect. With that I do believe I've been sold on getting a 3t, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be adjusting anything - once you get that perfect setup it's hard to make do with anything else. Now I just need to wait for the soft gold release.
    12-06-2016 09:04 PM
    I am running Nova Prime on my 3T and I can't notice any form of slowdown. I was using Yahoo Aviate before that and both work perfectly fine. No complaints what so ever.
    12-12-2016 03:12 PM
    I recently read that Nova is visibly slower on the OP3 than the stock launcher around mid-thread here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/com...neplus_3t_and/

So I thought I'd look and see if I can tell any difference. I backed up my Nova settings and am currently setting up the stock launcher to my liking. I've used NP for so long, I don't know if I'll notice a difference or not... other than lacking the customization that NP offers.

Anyone noticed any difference between the two launchers?
    I have used Nova Launcher Prime for a significant amount of time. I have briefly switched back to stock OxygenOS launcher. I have not noticed any slowness in my phone. I have developer settings turned on with no animations and I set the Nova launcher prime to faster than light.

I don't care about animations, I just want my phone to do what I need it to do.
    speedlever likes this.
    12-22-2016 06:25 PM
    I haven't noticed any speed difference either.
    12-22-2016 06:58 PM
    Hey there. I'm using a one plus 3T and I can't seem to find the HOME option in settings. I'm using Nova prime and I wanted to switch back to OP3T stock launcher. Pls help
    01-15-2017 04:46 AM
    Hey there. I'm using a one plus 3T and I can't seem to find the HOME option in settings. I'm using Nova prime and I wanted to switch back to OP3T stock launcher. Pls help
    Are you on MM or Nougat? If Nougat, the place to change the launcher changed to:
    Settings/Apps/Gear icon/Home app

It was easier to get to in MM.

And if you want to change the lock screen, you have to go back to the OOS launcher too, then change back to Nova.
    01-15-2017 07:37 AM
    Hi. I've been using Nova launcher more than one year. Previous on my Nexus 6 and since yesterday on the One+3t. For me it's the launcher that suits my needs best. Specially being able to resize the icons so I can have up to 30 icons and a Google search bar, something the stock launcher can't do.
    However I'm not able to view the notification bar (or is it starus bar, battery, close, etc) on the homescreen without swiping down.
    Who can help me out on this one please? Thanks.

Edit. After a long search found the solution myself. Notification bar has to be enabled in the advanced settings in Nova.
    01-21-2017 05:07 AM
    I've never noticed an issue with my notification bar in Android and have been using Nova Prime for nearly 4 years.

I just glanced through my Nova settings but did not see anything about the notification bar under advanced settings. Nearly every setting seems to have an advanced option, so I may have missed it. Where exactly is that found?
    01-21-2017 12:22 PM
    Nova launcher vs OOS launcher on the OP3-screenshot_20170121-200033.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170121-200033.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	250607
    Nova launcher vs OOS launcher on the OP3-screenshot_20170121-200041.jpg

Something went wrong with the first photo (double)

My native language isn't English. I hope I translated it the way it is mentioned on an English/American device.
    It should be something like 'appearance and behavior', the fifth tab, just under 'maps'.
    When opened you have to toggle 'show notification bar' on.

Previously I mentioned the lack of my status bar (battery percentage, 4G, clock) to an acquaintance. He told, and showed me the solution could be found under (I hope translation is correct), 'Settings/Adjust/status bar'. However my One+3t did NOT have that option. We both were astonished by that.
    01-21-2017 01:16 PM
    Thanks. I found it under 'Look and Feel'.
    01-21-2017 01:30 PM
    Now, I know the correct translation
    01-21-2017 01:37 PM