Has anyone gone for the OnePlus On-Guard 3t insurance?

Senate180

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I don't know whether this is something i should consider. I have pre-ordered the Oneplus 3T which will be my very first android phone. Do you guys normally take insurance at the point of purchase. It seems to come with a lot of good support factors and is £44.99 extra but if i don't take it - is the basic support should something go wrong be very limited with one plus? Thanks for help

ben55124

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I skipped it. Consider applying that to a screen protector and case and keeping the change. Otherwise depends on if you would be able to purchase another device if it breaks. I view all phone casualties as upgrade opportunities that can be justified if noticed by wife.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I skipped it. Consider applying that to a screen protector and case and keeping the change. Otherwise depends on if you would be able to purchase another device if it breaks. I view all phone casualties as upgrade opportunities that can be justified if noticed by wife.

Your a smart man! Also....Major +1!

Senate180

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
well i did at the same time purchase the curved tempered glass protector so i have that option if i wanted to use it. I understand it clips off a small portion of the screen. I of course ordered a case from amazon so yeah maybe i should be okay. This is my first android phone having come off from apple so I'm more anxious that ill will take to it okay to be honest.

stlbud

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
I'm in the US. I bought the insurance when I bought a OnePlus 3 in November. Here in April, I dropped the phone and broke the glass. I called expecting to get a replacement phone next day, but was told they don't have any phones in inventory. I asked if I could get a 3T. The response, we don't have any phones in inventory. They will send me a check in 2 business days. This was Friday, Wednesday the check arrives, another 2 days waiting for it to clear my bank. I paid $399.00 for the phone and $80.00 for the insurance. The check was only for $324.00. I understand prorated insurance but ... $75.00 loss on the phone along with the $80.00 that now seems to be a waste. I'm out $155.00.

I bought a junker phone in the interim.

I tried to get my phone repaired. I'm told the replacement glass is $41.00 plus labor and shipping. I asked about their labor rate and where the phone was getting shipped to. Their response was that the glass is now $69.00 and they don't have any information about labor rate or shipping. I'm not sure I want to send the phone back to China and then get told labor and shipping is going to be $200 or whatever they decide to make up. After repeated requests, I still don't know how much this is going to cost.

NOT HAPPY!

cleapatr4

Jun 11, 2017
Visit site
I'm in the US. I bought the insurance when I bought a OnePlus 3 in November. Here in April, I dropped the phone and broke the glass. I called expecting to get a replacement phone next day, but was told they don't have any phones in inventory. I asked if I could get a 3T. The response, we don't have any phones in inventory. They will send me a check in 2 business days. This was Friday, Wednesday the check arrives, another 2 days waiting for it to clear my bank. I paid $399.00 for the phone and $80.00 for the insurance. The check was only for $324.00. I understand prorated insurance but ... $75.00 loss on the phone along with the $80.00 that now seems to be a waste. I'm out $155.00.

I bought a junker phone in the interim.

I tried to get my phone repaired. I'm told the replacement glass is $41.00 plus labor and shipping. I asked about their labor rate and where the phone was getting shipped to. Their response was that the glass is now $69.00 and they don't have any information about labor rate or shipping. I'm not sure I want to send the phone back to China and then get told labor and shipping is going to be $200 or whatever they decide to make up. After repeated requests, I still don't know how much this is going to cost.

NOT HAPPY!

You're better buying a screen online and watching a tutorial on how to do it, at this rate!

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
If you can, replace it yourself. Will turn out much cheaper than sending over to them. Isn't too difficult either.

With phones going the bezel less route, screen breakages will become quite a frequent occurrence.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech