Internet connectivity when asleep (Oxygen 3.2.7)

F0xd4wg

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I have a OnePlus 3 with Oxygen 3.2.7 (non-rooted). Lately I found that when i wake up my screen, notifications start coming in that didn't make it through when my screen was off (cover closed or phone in my pocket). This happens with push notifications from news apps, as well as new Gmail items.

Is that an Android setting or an OP3 bug?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
4G or Wifi? Wifi can be set to turn off when the phone is asleep - which is what you don't want in this case. 4G shouldn't turn off during sleep.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Wifi. Strange, 'Keep Wifi on during sleep' is enabled. Maybe some other setting?

This has nothing to do with any sort of network settings. It's because of Doze and the way Android puts your device to sleep when not being used. It limits background data to improve battery life. Which in turn, sometimes stops notifications from coming in until you wake it up.

There's a setting in developer options to disable doze mode, but I've seen reports that it isn't a perfect fix. You can try it to see if it improves at all.

F0xd4wg

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
This has nothing to do with any sort of network settings. It's because of Doze and the way Android puts your device to sleep when not being used. It limits background data to improve battery life. Which in turn, sometimes stops notifications from coming in until you wake it up.

There's a setting in developer options to disable doze mode, but I've seen reports that it isn't a perfect fix. You can try it to see if it improves at all.
Thx for clearing that up, mate. I No longer have to worry that something's wrong with my device then.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site

I wonder if Nougat handles this any differently than MM?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if Nougat handles this any differently than MM?

Well from what I can tell on my Nexus 6p with nougat, it's still there to an extent, but I've noticed it takes much longer for notifications to stop coming through. And if I remember correctly, Google said they did change up the way it works when nougat was released.

So I think we should see an improvement with this slight shortcoming, but not completely.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12