One plus 3t and android wear notification issue

vblok0910#WP

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Hello all,

I searched for a thread on this but found nothing. So if there is one already, I'm sorry to start another. I'm having issues with my fossil q marshal with my one plus 3t. The only way I can receive notifications on the watch is if the ringer switch is set to ring, on the one plus 3t. If I switch it to silent my watch says do not disturb. Is anyone having this issue ? I know its not the watch, because I used it on my gs7 edge perfectly fine. By the way, I have reset the watch and phone and still does this.

Thanks in advance

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It's not an issue, it's actually how they it set up. There have been multiply request to change that setting but right now that's the only way to get the Android Wear notifications to work. That's the biggest disappointment I have with the OP3T. When it's in full silent mode, your watch thinks it's in do not disturb. Wish they would change it back to where you could have the slider on full notifications (bottom setting) and be able to use the volume keys to move to vibrate.

vblok0910#WP

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the response, so basically that's it? In order for me to recieve notifications on my watch it has to be on ring? I don't like that i might be returning this phone, love the phone but that's useless.

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
You can set up your watch to where it will silence your phone when your watch is connected. It's in the android wear app setting. I do think they will update it in the future but right now, it's either on ring or on ring and have it silent your phone when your watch is connected.

vblok0910#WP

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
That's a great idea , but I just thought of something after your idea. I literally never put phone on ring, so what I'm going to do is select none on each ringer profile, and turn on vibrate. That should work until they fix it. So you say slot of complaints are being made about this?

DrLouie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
My wife is having the same problem with her moto 360. The problem with changing the ringer to none is while that will work for calls, the other apps will still have sound enabled. You'd have to go to each app and disable sound, which isn't really manageable. So we agree, they really need to fix this issue.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
My wife is having the same problem with her moto 360. The problem with changing the ringer to none is while that will work for calls, the other apps will still have sound enabled. You'd have to go to each app and disable sound, which isn't really manageable. So we agree, they really need to fix this issue.

My issue is I am getting all notifications except for calls

vblok0910#WP

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking I'm going to return this phone. There are top many work around I need to do to get this phone to work the way I need it to. I guess it's back to my gs7 edge. I really wanted this to work cause I like the 3t.

sniperservice

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I searched for a thread on this but found nothing. So if there is one already, I'm sorry to start another. I'm having issues with my fossil q marshal with my one plus 3t. The only way I can receive notifications on the watch is if the ringer switch is set to ring, on the one plus 3t. If I switch it to silent my watch says do not disturb. Is anyone having this issue ? I know its not the watch, because I used it on my gs7 edge perfectly fine. By the way, I have reset the watch and phone and still does this.

Thanks in advance

This is my only problem with this phone!!! This needs to be fixed ASAP. I only like using my phone on vibrate, but with my Fossil Q Wander, it does the same. I, also, am coming from a S7 Edge and a LG V20 and never had this issue. Hopefully, this is rectified sooner than later

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
This is my only problem with this phone!!! This needs to be fixed ASAP. I only like using my phone on vibrate, but with my Fossil Q Wander, it does the same. I, also, am coming from a S7 Edge and a LG V20 and never had this issue. Hopefully, this is rectified sooner than later

as a work around you can install power toggles and have a toggle button for vibrate. You will need to place your phone in ringer first though

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

Thanks in advance

Did you find a solution to this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21