OxygenOS Open Beta 10 (N) for OnePlus 3

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
OnePlus are now rolling out an OTA update, Beta 10, for those already on Beta test firmware.This release, Beta 10, is for Android 7.0, Nougat, on the OnePlus 3 models, A3000 & A3003, and here are some of the improvements over Beta 9, Nougat...

• [*]Added Data Saver
    [*]Fixed Lock Screen clock bug in Portrait Mode
    [*]Fixed issue of reverting to Default Theme after reboot
    [*]Optimized fingerprint unlocking speed
    [*]Optimized the quality of Expanded Screenshot
    [*]Optimized WiFi performance
    [*]Optimized system performance and battery consumption

See...

OxygenOS Open Beta 10 (N) for OnePlus 3

Please read, carefully and thoroughly, all installation instructions in the thread. DO NOT attempt to use TWRP custom recovery to flash this firmware without reading the above thread, first.

N.B. This beta build is for competent and experienced users. ;)

(** Note: If you flash this Open Beta build, you’ll receive Open Beta OTAs (but not official OTAs). You’ll need to manually (clean) flash back to our official builds to continue receiving official OTAs. Rolling back to official OxygenOS versions require wiping data and cache.)

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Still holding out for the official update! You make it tempting to just go ahead with the beta with all these posts about them. This is the longest I've gone without tampering a phone. Lol

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, judging by the changelog and what I've read of people's experiences this should be pretty much ready for the stable channel.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Beta 10 has fixed the kernel related battery drain that plagued Beta 9 and is, IMHO, ready for release. I certainly would not go back to Marshmallow now.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
This sounds encouraging.

I have no idea why so many people are cranked up about OP missing the "promised" OTA launch of Nougat for the 3/3T by the end of the year. I'll take a late solid OTA any day over a buggy early launch.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Wow that is damn good battery life!

That's only my initial charge cycle on Beta 10, Nougat. Give it the usual 3 or 4 charges and it will settle down and improve. However, this first cycle is very encouraging.

This sounds encouraging.

I have no idea why so many people are cranked up about OP missing the "promised" OTA launch of Nougat for the 3/3T by the end of the year. I'll take a late solid OTA any day over a buggy early launch.

As for a hard statement, direct from OnePlus's Peter Lau or Carl Pei, promising that the 3 & 3T will absolutely and definitely receive a stock OTA for Android 7.0 before 2017, I have had no luck in tracking such a written promise down since they must know, all too well, that all firmware development and testing can be subject to set backs. Whilst I believe that this is/was their intention, I would not treat this as written in stone. Having said that, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, this is, IMHO, a release candidate, "if", it can be downloaded and flashed seamlessly over Marshmallow without requiring a Factory Data Reset from users.

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
This sounds encouraging.

I think if promises are broken, people have the right to be annoyed.

I'm not though, I didn't expect a stable release before the end of the year... The exact same thing happened with the 2. I was running the community build of marshmallow for months before the stable OTA dropped, I'm still setting my expectations at March for the Nougat OTA.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully, not that long fuzzylumpkin, old son.

Don't get me wrong, Beta 10 is oh, so close and a stock release is, I feel, going to be sooner rather than later... just maybe, not before 2017. Lets be honest, no-one wants a dogs dinner of a firmware release and OnePlus don't want the bad press if it is.

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully, not that long fuzzylumpkin, old son.

Don't get me wrong, Beta 10 is oh, so close and a stock release is, I feel, going to be sooner rather than later... just maybe, not before 2017. Lets be honest, no-one wants a dogs dinner of a firmware release and OnePlus don't want the bad press if it is.
They are little bit between fire and stone. They have many times stated that Nougat will arrive before the year ends.

The latest comments are just not so couranging that they can make it. And I really hope they will.

Dear the worst and hope for the best

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I think if promises are broken, people have the right to be annoyed.

I'm not though, I didn't expect a stable release before the end of the year... The exact same thing happened with the 2. I was running the community build of marshmallow for months before the stable OTA dropped, I'm still setting my expectations at March for the Nougat OTA.

I think some equate a statement to expect the OTA by the end of the year to be a promise. I don't. I consider it to be a target which may or may not be hit. I much prefer a late but quality product vs an ontime but flawed product. Besides, complaining isn't going to do anything anyway. Nobody listens. ;)

I think we just live in an age of instant gratification and there are those who are going to ***** and moan when their expectations aren't met. In my life experience thus far, this sort of expectation has no bearing on reality.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Well, as far as I am concerned, I am running Nougat on my OnePlus 3 and it's before the end of the year! :D

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Since there is no Beta or stock Nougat firmware at the moment for the 3T model, then even those rolling off of the production line as I type this are getting Marshmallow. Both the 3 & 3T should receive Nougat on official stock firmware at the same time in future. Only the 3 model is, at present, being used for Nougat beta testing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz