OxygenOS Open Beta 10 (N) for OnePlus 3

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
lol....that's what they said....Nougat in 2016 :) Not sure that is going to happen :)

As per my post #9, I have yet to see the actual, mythical, promise but if it is true, did Peter or Carl refer to an official or a beta Nougat release? If the latter, then Nougat arrived 30th Nov: with Beta 8. If the former, they still have 35 hours to go on GMT/UTC time.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
it won't come with nougat.

Nope no seamless updates support in OP3T.

Is there any hardware reason that when/if OP begins shipping the 3T with Nougat factory installed, the 3T can't have dual partitions and enjoy seamless updates? Or are you just saying that because current versions are still Android 6.0.1, that future versions even with Nougat factory installed won't be setup properly to enjoy seamless updates? If the latter, why would OP restrict the 3T in that way?

Once a stable Nougat is released OTA, I see no reason why OP won't factory install Nougat for new sales of the 3T going forward.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
As per my post #9, I have yet to see the actual, mythical, promise but if it is true, did Peter or Carl refer to an official or a beta Nougat release? If the latter, then Nougat arrived 30th Nov: with Beta 8. If the former, they still have 35 hours to go on GMT/UTC time.

I have to agree with post #9. OPOs problem is they tend to boast and self promote way too much. Then they have to scramble to make good on what they have promised. IMHO saying the OPO3 will have Nougat in 2016 means a stable GM release....not a beta version.
Good thing they have a great product at a great price....

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Is there any hardware reason that when/if OP begins shipping the 3T with Nougat factory installed, the 3T can't have dual partitions and enjoy seamless updates? Or are you just saying that because current versions are still Android 6.0.1, that future versions even with Nougat factory installed won't be setup properly to enjoy seamless updates? If the latter, why would OP restrict the 3T in that way?

Once a stable Nougat is released OTA, I see no reason why OP won't factory install Nougat for new sales of the 3T going forward.
Probably will take months before the devices start to ship with Nougat if they ever will.

They have also stated that they won't support seamless updates for the time being

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Of course, if I was OnePlus and I failed to get the official release out by tomorrow, midnight, I would argue that, as a Chinese company, I was referring to the Chinese New Year... 28th January, 2017. ;)

EDIT: Damn! That means I've got to sober up from Burns Night on the 25th January so that I can celebrate the Chinese New Year on the 28th. Looks like a rough week for ironass. :D

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
All this said, Oneplus are Chinese, technically their year doesn't end til the 28th of January lol.
True but if they do a stunt like that they will be bashed to the ground by every tech blog out there.

But wouldn't surprise me just because Carl is a total ******

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
One of the features in Beta 10 Nougat that is NOT available in the new stock Nougat release is the ability to take expanded screenshots, see my posts #6 & #14.

Here is a video showing how to take these...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_qX8FVbvEg

I don't suppose you know if they fixed the white screens in settings when using the dark theme?

The ones I've noticed are in about phone>status and SIM cards>APN settings.

Not exactly critical issues, but they do give the OS a very unfinished feel.