Nougat, official rollout OTA for OP3 & OP3T

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I did this and regretting it. battery life went to **** after the update, and that's after clearing cache and factory reset.

ok it's not "****" but it's worse than on marshmallow for sure. I have this one weak charger than I keep plugged into when I'm not home. It used to charge a tiny amount while I gamed - same screen brightness etc. Not anymore, drains battery. Pretty shocked. I'll give it a few cycles though and report back

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I did this and regretting it. battery life went to **** after the update, and that's after clearing cache and factory reset.

ok it's not "****" but it's worse than on marshmallow for sure. I have this one weak charger than I keep plugged into when I'm not home. It used to charge a tiny amount while I gamed - same screen brightness etc. Not anymore, drains battery. Pretty shocked. I'll give it a few cycles though and report back

So if you boot to safe mode you still see heavy battery drain? If so, that's abnormal.

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
So if you boot to safe mode you still see heavy battery drain? If so, that's abnormal.

I didn't boot to safe mode - never have, didn't do it when I had marshmallow. I was absolutely floored with the OP3T's battery life on OS3.5.. this is something else though. Again, all settings, apps, and usage the same - I'm extremely particular with that stuff, which is part of why I love android so much.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I didn't boot to safe mode - never have, didn't do it when I had marshmallow. I was absolutely floored with the OP3T's battery life on OS3.5.. this is something else though. Again, all settings, apps, and usage the same - I'm extremely particular with that stuff, which is part of why I love android so much.

You won't lose anything by booting to safe mode. I'd be curious what your battery usage looks like if you do that.