Nougat version issue?

Tommy6860

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
I got a small problem. I got the latest version of Android for my OP3t, but it says this, "OxygenOS version OP3T_02_Open_1", instead of "OxygenOS version 4.0". Is this right?

OP3tVersion.jpg

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I got a small problem. I got the latest version of Android for my OP3t, but it says this, "OxygenOS version OP3T_02_Open_1", instead of "OxygenOS version 4.0". Is this right?

View attachment 249588

Hello and welcome to Android Central Tommy6860!

How very strange!

Why does your screenshot show, "Model number A3000", as this is the model number for the OnePlus 3, not 3T, model which, I believe, is model A3010 in the U.S. and China.

Did you receive this as an OTA update via your phone???

You appear to have either... manually downloaded and flashed, (there is no other way to receive it), the OnePlus Open Beta 1 test firmware for the 3T model...

OxygenOS Open Beta 1 (N) for OnePlus 3T

Once on Open Beta 1 test firmware, you will only receive Open Beta 1 updates unless you wipe your phone and flash back to the official stock Marshmallow or Nougat release for the 3T...

OxygenOS 4.0 (N) OTA for OnePlus 3T

... or you must have flashed a Custom ROM of some description to your phone. Only you will know the answer!

Last edited:

Tommy6860

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
I did install this myself, but the model number has been A3000, even before Nougat. The phone works fine, but I installed this based on what the download said, in that I would get OxygenOS 4.0, but apparently, this isn't so. I have the MSM8996Pro chipset, and it is listed at a 2.188Ghz CPU frequency, so I know I have the 3t with the Snapdragon 821. The Phone name says it is a 3t as well. Is there a way to go back to the original Oxygen OS? The phone works fine, but I want official OTA updates, and if this is actually the beta, then I will only get them through the community at OP3.net.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
it could be that they just forgot to change the version tag... It's not like it'd be the only inconsistency in OxygenOS... It's missing polish in several areas.

A lot of them probably won't get sorted for a long while either. How long did they show "factory data reset" when rebooting to recovery?

Tommy6860

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
OK, I got it and I actually got the correct OS to install. I wrote the other site that offers these downloads and apparently the one I originally used is not the one they list in description. I now show version 4.0, but the rest is the same. Thanks anyway!

Tommy6860

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
it could be that they just forgot to change the version tag... It's not like it'd be the only inconsistency in OxygenOS... It's missing polish in several areas.

A lot of them probably won't get sorted for a long while either. How long did they show "factory data reset" when rebooting to recovery?

I am not following you on the reset part, so I am possibly not understanding what you mean. I saw no actual data when I did that type of reboot. But if there is something I should, I would like to know, and I really like learning new things. :)

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I am not following you on the reset part, so I am possibly not understanding what you mean. I saw no actual data when I did that type of reboot. But if there is something I should, I would like to know, and I really like learning new things. :)

It was a minor issue introduced in the marshmallow preview for Oneplus 2 in 2015 which carried over to the Oneplus 3 and was only changed fairly recently... Don't worry about it, just an example of the lack of polish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol