OnePlus has just begun an incremental, (gradual), rollout of the official OxygenOS 4.0.1. This update to the OxygenOS Nougat, 4.0, firmware release on the 31st Dec: 2016, has the following..

• Here are the highlights:
    • Upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat
    • New Notifications Design
    • New Settings Menu Design
    • Multi-Window View
    • Notification Direct Reply
    • Custom DPI Support
    • Added Status Bar Icon Options
    • Improved Shelf Customization
    • Updated APN Settings for select Carriers
    • Fixed Proximity Sensor bug during calls
    • Increased System Stability
    • ***Known Issues and Fixes
    • Apps might not download from Play Store.
    • If you are trying to download via Data Roaming, it will not work. This is a known Google issue.
    • Please follow Google’s troubleshooting steps and see if the problem is resolved.
    • Try turning on Battery Saving Mode and reset Play Store app preferences.
    • If you have these 3 apps installed: Truecaller, AVG Antivirus and PayTm, please try to force stop or uninstall them before performing download from Play Store.
    • If you still experience mobile data issues caused by APN, please go to APN settings page and manually choose try all the options.

Links...

OxygenOS 4.0.1 (N) OTA for OnePlus 3

OxygenOS 4.0.1 (N) OTA for OnePlus 3T
    01-07-2017 11:18 AM
    01-07-2017 11:22 AM
    So I just VPN'd to Canada and snagged the 4.0.1 update. Booted to recovery, cleared the system cache and rebooted. I still see 4.0, not 4.0.1 in about phone/phone status. Update log shows OOS 4.0.1 (from system updates page). Looks like a minor discrepancy there.

01-07-2017 11:35 AM
    Seems like a skippable update that isn't worth the hassle for me.
    01-07-2017 11:58 AM
    There would, "appear", to be 2 sorts of updates.

1. Is a 36MB Hotix OTA patch for those already on OxygenOS 4.0

2. The full 1.4 GB firmware download for those updating from Marshmallow.

I am away from my computer and cannot check further.
    01-07-2017 12:33 PM
    There would, "appear", to be 2 sorts of updates.

1. Is a 36MB Hotix OTA patch for those already on OxygenOS 4.0

2. The full 1.4 GB firmware download for those updating from Marshmallow.

I am away from my computer and cannot check further.
    There's always 2, if you're rooted the full system package is downloaded so that the system partition can be fully replaced when updating. You lose root and any customisation you've done (for me, primarily substratum layers and teamblackout's YouTube app).
    ironass likes this.
    01-07-2017 01:02 PM
    I stand corrected. I reconnected my VPN, changed regions to Canada, and checked for updates. Again, I snagged the short file update, but this time it went through an installation routine. Now 'about phone' reports 4.0.1.

I'm not sure why it didn't take the first time. Likely operator error on my end using the VPN. I dunno. How hard can it be?
    ironass likes this.
    01-08-2017 08:06 AM
    I stand corrected. I reconnected my VPN, changed regions to Canada, and checked for updates. Again, I snagged the short file update, but this time it went through an installation routine. Now 'about phone' reports 4.0.1.

I'm not sure why it didn't take the first time. Likely operator error on my end using the VPN. I dunno. How hard can it be?
    I'm going to try it now since i upgraded to 7.0 using the same app.
    01-08-2017 12:59 PM
    Just leave the VPN on this time. It should be a very short download if you just get the 36 MB file.
    01-08-2017 03:11 PM
    Just leave the VPN on this time. It should be a very short download if you just get the 36 MB file.
    Yeah thats what did it. I tried to disable after downloading started and it didn't like that. I'm assuming you did the same?
    01-08-2017 05:41 PM
    Yeah thats what did it. I tried to disable after downloading started and it didn't like that. I'm assuming you did the same?
    Yep. I dunno why it didn't impact the large 4.0 update file, but it certainly seemed to affect the small 36MB file update. Shrug.
    DominionRoofs likes this.
    01-08-2017 07:32 PM
    In the future, you wanna enable the VPN, tap check for updates and then disable the VPN and wait ten seconds or so before clicking download.
    01-09-2017 04:05 AM
    Thanks for that tip. I figured I somehow goofed it up. I thought starting the download then quickly disconnecting the VPN would work. Oops!
    01-09-2017 08:15 AM