Finally caved and did the VPN trick to switch to Canada and get the Nougat update yesterday.

I'm now noticing a stark drop in battery life on discharge. Anyone else see the same? I've seen talk about it on the OP forums, but not here.

Before anyone asks, I cleared the cache and did the full factory wipe reset.
    01-11-2017 02:29 PM
    No settings or app changes before and after. I'm very particular about all that stuff (wifi settings, data settings, brightness, gps accuracy, etc).
    01-11-2017 02:41 PM
    doing some more research, I see this is not isolated to OP3T, OOS4.0, etc. but a system-wide issue regarding nougat 7.0 - can anyone help me do a reset back to OOS3.5.4? I already cleared cache, wiped, factory reset etc. so I'm not sure where/how to get it.
    01-11-2017 04:00 PM
    after more research, it seems this issue is systemic with nougat 7.0

https://productforums.google.com/for...us/lgfbYDT6ETs
    01-11-2017 04:05 PM
    Not wanting you to be alone in here discussing the issue, I can only say that after upgrading my OP3/3.2.8 to 4.0, then to 4.0.1, I have not seen massive battery drain issues.

What is an example of the battery drain you are experiencing?
    01-11-2017 08:48 PM
    Not wanting you to be alone in here discussing the issue, I can only say that after upgrading my OP3/3.2.8 to 4.0, then to 4.0.1, I have not seen massive battery drain issues.

What is an example of the battery drain you are experiencing?
    similar to the discussion in the Google forum i linked. huge drains from Android System and Android OS that I didn't have on marshmallow. Android System is the number 1 drain, and Android OS matches the display in terms of battery use. Given how amazing this phone's usage was on marshmallow, literally the best I've ever had, I'm inclined to switch back, if I can.

In the link above people are surprised Google even released nougat with a flaw like this
    01-11-2017 09:01 PM
    also if you scan Google about nougat battery drain, and check the OnePlus forums about nougat battery drain, you'll see I'm far from the only one
    01-11-2017 09:07 PM
    I don't doubt what you're seeing. I just haven't experienced it. At least not that I recognize. Post up a screen shot that shows what you are seeing please. So far, I don't recall seeing anything that quantifies your issue. That would at least give a frame of reference.

My normal experience is seeing 40-50% of my battery usage take up by 3 main apps:
    1) Android system
    2) Kernel (Android OS)
    3) Google App

Here's a quick sshot of GSAM on my OP3/4.0.1:
    01-11-2017 09:11 PM
    I'm doing some deep discharging and charging - once I'm done I'll post something up. suffice to say if your op's main use are those apps you'd be getting way better battery life - which is what i used to get on mm. is there any way to switch back?

I'll still give it a few more days and cycles but trust me when i say im super particular about setup, settings etc., it's not something to do with my usage or setup. I may notice more too because i rarely use dash charge. i use a very weak charger at work and the difference is enough where it used to still charge in use when plugged in, and now it actually drains slightly in use when plugged in
    01-11-2017 09:28 PM
    Checking apps in settings, I have 123 apps installed. Not all in use, of course. But I'm somewhat of a weather nut and have 7 weather widgets running all the time. I never turn off BT (I have a Pebble watch). I never turn off wifi or gps or mobile data and often set my phone up as a hotspot for my wifi iPad.

I should expand apps and post a ss of the breakdown.

Edit:
    01-11-2017 09:42 PM
    i haven't tried bluetooth after the update actually. and i set the wifi settings pretty conservatively - don't search, only stay on when charging, etc.

to be clear, it's not draining the battery so profusively that i can't get through the end of the day. it's just draining far faster than the extremely excellent management it had on OOS3.5.4. probably a 30% increase (increase, not raw percentage usage) or so in battery usage from marshmallow.

looking at your image above - the same thing is happening to you - those two should not be the main draws on your battery - at least they weren't on MM. if you were on MM, you'd be getting a crapton more battery life.

we'll see a lot more of this as it rolls out officially in the USA.
    01-11-2017 09:52 PM
    IIRC, I was seeing similar usage by those 3 main apps with MM.

Here's a sshot from 2016.12.17,,, from OOS 3.2.8 days:

Yep, Some of those same services do show higher battery usage in OOS 4.0.1 than in 3.2.8. But there are so many variables at play, who can really know?
    01-11-2017 10:19 PM
    where's android system** that's the main draw in nougat now, as evidenced by everyone running it.

yes many variables, but i've got a pretty close before and after here.
    01-11-2017 11:43 PM
    A tip if using FB / messenger . I uninstalled them I saw FB using 17-22% a woping amount of battery. And I never us messenger, and I only us FB to check 1 time a day.
    01-12-2017 01:21 AM
    i don't have fb and messenger.. read the last few posts above
    01-12-2017 07:34 AM
    I have 9 devices on Nougat, 6 on 7.1 and 3 on 7.0. None of them have this issue. Also none of them are the OP3T.
    01-12-2017 06:45 PM
    I am on the OP3, on Nougat and my battery life is outstanding. True, I do not have FaceBook or FaceBook Messenger which have known issues and not all apps in the Play Store have been upgraded by their developers, for Nougat in spite of 6+ months warning. I also did a Factory Data Reset on upgrade. Quite a few people are singing its praises...

BATTERY ONE PLUS 3 OSS 4.0.1 IS FINE...

Impressive battery life on OOS 4.0.1

13.5 hours on battery. 75% battery used. Screen on Time 5' 30"

Try running your phone in Safe Mode for 6-8 hours and see how your battery drain compares.
    01-12-2017 07:00 PM
    I didn't have my 3T long enough to compare battery life, but my 3T on Nougat is outstanding! I'm averaging around 2 days of battery life and 5 1/2 hours of SOT. I mostly text, email, talk and read Tapatalk. No social media for me.

Something has to be draining your battery man? Good Luck!
    01-13-2017 01:23 AM
    I am on the OP3, on Nougat and my battery life is outstanding. True, I do not have FaceBook or FaceBook Messenger which have known issues and not all apps in the Play Store have been upgraded by their developers, for Nougat in spite of 6+ months warning. I also did a Factory Data Reset on upgrade. Quite a few people are singing its praises...

BATTERY ONE PLUS 3 OSS 4.0.1 IS FINE...

Impressive battery life on OOS 4.0.1

13.5 hours on battery. 75% battery used. Screen on Time 5' 30"

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/...psyvmfa0lm.png

Try running your phone in Safe Mode for 6-8 hours and see how your battery drain compares.
    even in the links you provided people have said yes, there is a battery drain issue with nougat lol.

just to be clear, again, i'm not saying the 3T on nougat's battery life is BAD - i'm saying it's significantly worse than its own battery life on OS3.5.4. i've got the same apps, use the phone in the same exact way. if you aren't using your phone that much, you won't notice anything thanks to doze. if i leave my phone alone too except for some light browsing and texting, battery life is fine. gaming, etc. completely different battery drain compared to marshmallow
    01-14-2017 04:59 PM
    FYI OnePlus is working with me to set my phone back to MM. I'll report back once complete!
    01-14-2017 05:07 PM
    hi mate, i hd the same problem battery life can only last for 5 hours...after my op3 upgraded to nougat
    01-23-2017 09:52 PM
    I found that if you turned off auto backup it fixes the battery drain in OOS 4.0.2. (7.x)
    01-24-2017 06:31 AM
    Always a good bet, if you are experiencing battery drain after an update, is to wipe your phone's cache partition. This is to clear it of any detritus from your previous firmware and does not harm your phone or data...

speedlever and cgardnervt like this.
    01-24-2017 06:43 AM