Pebble and the OP3/4.0.1

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I've had too many recent changes to remember when I began having this problem. I am an avid Pebble fan... just picked up a cheap refurb'd Pebble Time Steel (PTS) to replace my otherwise fully functional Pebble Steel (PS). I love the battery life, daylight screen visibility, and the interaction with my Android phone. It's not too much smart watch and does exactly what I want it to do. Pebble... RIP. Long live Pebble!

OK, advertisement aside, with the new PTS, the new Nougat upgrade, the new phone (OP3), I am having a problem and cannot recall when it began. Basically, I use Timely as my alarm clock. I remember with the GS4 and PS, I would faithfully get a gentle buzz on my wrist when the Timely alarm was going off. I never got a 30 minute alert on the PS of an upcoming alarm, or not that I can recall.

At some point that changed. I now get an alert on my PTS that I have an alarm set to go off in 30 minutes (I'd like to turn that off if I can figure out what app is generating the alert) but I am not getting an alert on my PTS when the alarm itself is going off on my phone... not that I need it since the phone wakes me up. But I'd like to restore that function should I someday accidentally kill alarm sounds.

Now I normally wake up before the alarm goes off, so it's rarely a problem and I seldom remember about missing the wrist buzz. But I let it go today to check (remembered because I got the 30 minute pre-alarm buzz) and the PTS did not buzz when the alarm actually went off.

Has anyone seen these issues and found a fix?

1) kill the pre-alert?
2) have the PTS buzz when the alarm goes off on the phone.

I can dig out my recently retired PS, pair it to my phone and see if the change in Pebble hardware induced the change I'm seeing in the PTS. But I'm thinking I remember having the same issues on the PS. I just don't remember when they started.

ben55124

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I suspect the pre-alert could be handled by removing Clock from your list of Pebble authorized notifications -- but then the actual alarm would be gone too.

My issue with Pebble post N is that none of the weather watch faces can use location services -- need to lock in a zip.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Hmm? I like to use WU for my weather provider for my watchfaces. I don't lock in any zip. Location services seems to find local weather for my watchfaces just fine as I travel.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding your issue.

Back to my issue, looking at notifications in my Pebble app, I see clock is disabled. Timely is enabled. I would expect Timely alarms to pass through.

Maybe I need to uninstall and reinstall the Pebble app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad