Damn this thing is fast!

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Yup!

I try to tell people this, but no one believes me because they have never heard of OP. Better for us lol.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I find that a lot of people will *only* go for the "popular" devices/device lines; and don't give a thought to anything else that's out there. It's too bad, because there's a lot of other great manufacturing lines out there!

Steemlives

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Compared to my iphone 7 this thing has way better WiFi and noticeably better cell service. I used to not get any WiFi reception in the back yard, I had both phones side to side and the OP3T had half strength WiFi still.. Amazing.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I find that a lot of people will *only* go for the "popular" devices/device lines; and don't give a thought to anything else that's out there. It's too bad, because there's a lot of other great manufacturing lines out there!

Agreed, My whole family will only choose a Samsung Galaxy device and refuse to even look at other manufacturers. No matter how many times they complain about things, they will always go back. I suggested OnePlus devices but it just falls on deaf ears. Its a shame because OnePlus is so awesome! :D

Hope you enjoy your OnePlus 3 OP.

tsquare2112

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine last night. Should ship out Tuesday. I'm using a Huawei mate 9 right now and am very pleased with it. I still want to give the op3t a try though. Can't wait to run them side by side.

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Compared to my iphone 7 this thing has way better WiFi and noticeably better cell service. I used to not get any WiFi reception in the back yard, I had both phones side to side and the OP3T had half strength WiFi still.. Amazing.

Did you get over the lack of text clarity on the screen?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, My whole family will only choose a Samsung Galaxy device and refuse to even look at other manufacturers. No matter how many times they complain about things, they will always go back. I suggested OnePlus devices but it just falls on deaf ears. Its a shame because OnePlus is so awesome! :D

Hope you enjoy your OnePlus 3 OP.

Yup, I definitely get what you're saying! I know people who keep going back; or who will just buy a "popular" phone because that's what's "in" now. It's too bad, because they're missing out on some great devices!

pquirk777

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Let's not forget it has 6GB of RAM. This little baby flies! So much better than my Moto XPE, which was a great phone, but was slowly dying a laggy death.

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine last night. Should ship out Tuesday. I'm using a Huawei mate 9 right now and am very pleased with it. I still want to give the op3t a try though. Can't wait to run them side by side.
I also have a mate 9 and it's a super phone. Crazy fast and the best camera I've ever used on a cp. The battery life is insane. I'm starting day 2 with 40% battery and already 6 1/2 hours of SOT.
I'm considering a op3t also for the smaller size and less weight. My only concern is the camera quality.

Fred

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I also have a mate 9 and it's a super phone. Crazy fast and the best camera I've ever used on a cp. The battery life is insane. I'm starting day 2 with 40% battery and already 6 1/2 hours of SOT.
I'm considering a op3t also for the smaller size and less weight. My only concern is the camera quality.

Fred
There are a few youtube videos I found a while ago comparing the speed of the two phones, side by side, and the mate 9 was a little faster, but certainly not enough to concern me.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Fred

Battery, SOT and speed of the device is just great thus far! The camera has been more than fine for my needs. I'd play with one first if you could. I don't think it will disappoint in most settings.

doa70

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, had mine since August and it is certainly plenty fast. I think that speaks to the minimalist approach of the development team staying close to "pure" Android. That closeness was important to me when I selected the OP3. Since it was my first delve into the Android world I didn't want to have that first impression made by a heavily modified UI and less than ideal UX.

Steemlives

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, had mine since August and it is certainly plenty fast. I think that speaks to the minimalist approach of the development team staying close to "pure" Android. That closeness was important to me when I selected the OP3. Since it was my first delve into the Android world I didn't want to have that first impression made by a heavily modified UI and less than ideal UX.

I completely agree with this. The only other Android experience I enjoyed was when the Nexus 5X first came out. After that I gave the S7 Edge a shot and have not had a worst experience with a phone. The amount of lag while group texting was absurd. If you were receiving multiple texts at once the phone would hang..... The Pixel and the OnePlus on the other hand are smooth as butter. It was either these two phones and for half the price, I think I made the right decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol