Google Camera app -- why not available for Oneplus Nougat update?

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Since the Nougat update double clicking the on button turns on the Oneplus camera app, not anymore Google's own. Does anybody else have this issue? What is worse, I can't even get the current version of Google's app installed -- the one on the phone even after updating is the Android 6 version of the app which is dramatically worse, e.g., missing the quick swipe between photo and video, and it is much slower than the new app.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Since the Nougat update double clicking the on button turns on the Oneplus camera app, not anymore Google's own. Does anybody else have this issue? What is worse, I can't even get the current version of Google's app installed -- the one on the phone even after updating is the Android 6 version of the app which is dramatically worse, e.g., missing the quick swipe between photo and video, and it is much slower than the new app.

I noticed the same thing. Strange indeed.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Could just be a matter of Google not updating the compatibility matrix for the N version of the Google Camera app.

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Making the Google Camera app exclusive to the Pixel? Well they have to find some way to justify the $400 price difference. :)