I've tried most current flagships. the OnePlus 3t is the best so far

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully this isn't a honeymoon period, because I've had those, only for things to go wrong

In March I got an S7 Edge. It served me well, although was a bit slugging by the time I got the Note 7. After the Note 7, I've been trying to find a replacement. I've gone through 2 defective S7 Edges, 2 defective iPhone 7 Plus, a Pixel XL 128GB, and I now have an LG V20 from T-Mobile. While I love it's audio, and it's pretty snappy, I keep having app crashes despite doing cache reset and full resets. Battery life started out good and has now gone to the dogs.

I have constant weird issued with it. So I decided to get a OnePlus 3t. Personally I can't justify paying the extra $400 for a Pixel XL just for the camera, and I find the OP3t ergonomically a lot better, with far less wasted bezel space.

I've had the OP3t just under a week and so far I'm blown away by how fast, crisp (Screen), and reliable it is. It's battery life is unbeatable. This is a significant bargain, but the fact that I can afford one of the flagships but have chosen the OP3t speaks volumes.

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Agreed man. I was blown away by the performance of the 3T, battery life and overall ergonomics of the phone! Awesome phone for the price.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
The gradual onset of sluggishness of the Galaxy is one of the reasons I had no interest in the Samsung products this year when I was shopping. Still, while it was alive, that Note 7 was tempting. ;)

3+ months in and still lovin' my OP3.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully this isn't a honeymoon period, because I've had those, only for things to go wrong

In March I got an S7 Edge. It served me well, although was a bit slugging by the time I got the Note 7. After the Note 7, I've been trying to find a replacement. I've gone through 2 defective S7 Edges, 2 defective iPhone 7 Plus, a Pixel XL 128GB, and I now have an LG V20 from T-Mobile. While I love it's audio, and it's pretty snappy, I keep having app crashes despite doing cache reset and full resets. Battery life started out good and has now gone to the dogs.

I have constant weird issued with it. So I decided to get a OnePlus 3t. Personally I can't justify paying the extra $400 for a Pixel XL just for the camera, and I find the OP3t ergonomically a lot better, with far less wasted bezel space.

I've had the OP3t just under a week and so far I'm blown away by how fast, crisp (Screen), and reliable it is. It's battery life is unbeatable. This is a significant bargain, but the fact that I can afford one of the flagships but have chosen the OP3t speaks volumes.

I shouldn't have said anything. Lol. Today my battery life was terrible, with Android System being by far the worst culprit. I had to charge my phone twice to make it to an admittedly late night.

Attachments

• 1658.jpg
    1658.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 66

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I shouldn't have said anything. Lol. Today my battery life was terrible, with Android System being by far the worst culprit. I had to charge my phone twice to make it to an admittedly late night.

This is one of my biggest issues with Android. I'm sure your battery will be fine today. And you'll never really know what caused it. I don't really like Apple, but you don't run into issues like this. I've been trying to peel myself away from Apple for awhile, but this stuff drives me insane.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
This is one of my biggest issues with Android. I'm sure your battery will be fine today. And you'll never really know what caused it. I don't really like Apple, but you don't run into issues like this. I've been trying to peel myself away from Apple for awhile, but this stuff drives me insane.

It should be so simple.
My son's iP6s has one of those batteries that is being replaced under warranty as it randomly shuts down with something like 30% power remaining.
My wife's 3 month old iP7 has a camera problem about half the time she tries it where it either won't focus or comes up with a black screen. Switching to video mode and back seems to fix it most times. But it's a hassle.

They all seem to have their share of issues and none are perfect.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
It should be so simple.
My son's iP6s has one of those batteries that is being replaced under warranty as it randomly shuts down with something like 30% power remaining.
My wife's 3 month old iP7 has a camera problem about half the time she tries it where it either won't focus or comes up with a black screen. Switching to video mode and back seems to fix it most times. But it's a hassle.

They all seem to have their share of issues and none are perfect.

I know everyone has issues. But when I've had Android phones in the past it always seemed like I was troubleshooting something. I've had my iPhone 6s Plus since Dec. 2015 and haven't had to troubleshoot anything yet. Which sucks, because I really don't like the OS. I'm so tired of it. And the next iPhone is pretty much the same thing. No variation. But I still worry about going back to Android because of stories like this - he was in LOVE with this phone until a bad day where he had to charge a ton for no reason. I need my phone for work - I can't be worrying about things like that. So it makes me apprehensive.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I know everyone has issues. But when I've had Android phones in the past it always seemed like I was troubleshooting something. I've had my iPhone 6s Plus since Dec. 2015 and haven't had to troubleshoot anything yet. Which sucks, because I really don't like the OS. I'm so tired of it. And the next iPhone is pretty much the same thing. No variation. But I still worry about going back to Android because of stories like this - he was in LOVE with this phone until a bad day where he had to charge a ton for no reason. I need my phone for work - I can't be worrying about things like that. So it makes me apprehensive.

You're right about iPhones and iOS, but not of late. I also tried the iPhone 7 Plus this time around after the Note7 explosion and much to my surprise it was very unstable. I exchanged one and the 2nd one was only slightly better. I think Apple has reached a point where they've built so much code on top of iOS v7 or 8 without a rewrite, that they have a ton of technical debt (a dev term for lots of bugs that haven't been fixed).

Their recent release cadence for iOS shows this to be true because they're releasing new minor versions at a very rapid pace and still none of these since iOS 10.0 has resolved the 30% battery discharge issue. I wish this wasn't the case, because we need more reliable phones.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
You're right about iPhones and iOS, but not of late. I also tried the iPhone 7 Plus this time around after the Note7 explosion and much to my surprise it was very unstable. I exchanged one and the 2nd one was only slightly better. I think Apple has reached a point where they've built so much code on top of iOS v7 or 8 without a rewrite, that they have a ton of technical debt (a dev term for lots of bugs that haven't been fixed).

Their recent release cadence for iOS shows this to be true because they're releasing new minor versions at a very rapid pace and still none of these since iOS 10.0 has resolved the 30% battery discharge issue. I wish this wasn't the case, because we need more reliable phones.

I haven't upgraded my 6s Plus yet because I feel like it's basically the same phone with water resistance and a better camera. But I don't want the 6s Plus anymore, because it's boring. I have come to the realization that I don't much care for iOS aside from the stability.

While what you say is probably true, in my experience with iOS (which is minimal to moderate aside from these last 13-ish months) I've had no issues that have hindered my use of my phone. No battery drains, no random reboots or shutoffs, no wi-fi/cellular issues, nothing like what you just experienced with the OP3T. I've had some glitches and annoyances, but nothing that hindered my use of it as a phone and pocket computer. I actually wish it had been less stable so I wouldn't be so apprehensive about going back to Android.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site

Get an unlocked Moto Z Play. I hear the battery is beyond impressive on it. A friend of mine got the Verizon version on my recommendation and he is loving the battery life. I haven't seen it yet, but it was on my short list if the OP3 did not pan out.

h20work

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site

My iPhone 6 was giving me fits after ios10 rolled out. Battery life was beyond horrible, I was constantly looking for somewhere to plug in for a quick charge. Honestly I plugged in so many times that the lighting port wore out and any cable I tried just wound up falling out.

I've been hammering my 3T since I got it last week, battery life has been much better than I was expecting. I'm never on WiFi during the work day, and I keep my screen @ 100%. Sitting at 26% right now after 7hrs of very heavy use. Best part, now that I'm home I can just plug in and be fully recharged in maybe 40mins tops. The Dash charging is pretty amazing :)

1st android I've ever owned, tried out a few of the first year devices and hated them. This is seriously the first smartphone I've ever owned that I didn't have to do a Google search for "how do I fix ______” or " can I change ____".

Screenshot_20170207-204331.jpg

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
For now, I've removed all storage in Google Play Services (which required me to repair my Android Wear), and turned off Google Backups. We'll see if that helps.

Since doing the above, my battery life is stellar again. Not exactly sure why, but u searched and this was what I found to resolve battery life in the OnePlus 3t.

Notice that Android System is way down to 6% now.

Attachments

• 2325.jpg
    2325.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 45

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Don't want to discourage but moved from OP3 to note 5 after the terrible camera experience (capturing kids) for a 2016 device. Note 5 is much superior in every way and I don't miss OP3 except for some customization which I can live without.

msgray2u

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
glad to hear that. I need to upgrade and debating between OnePlus 3T, Pixel XL and Galaxy S7 edge, after reading your review, I concur don't want to spend $800 for XL. However, I'm on Verizon and want to keep my phone number. What carrier are you on and are you in the USA? Thanks for any tips

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12