OxygenOS 4.0.3 (N) OTA for OnePlus 3 & 3T

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
OnePlus have begun a release of their 4th version of Android 7.0, Nougat, OxygenOS 4.0.3. This is an incremental, gradual, rollout to OnePlus 3 & 3T devices. Here are the highlights of this version...

"Added Wi-Fi IPv6 Support toggle
Optimized Smart Wi-Fi Switcher, if turned on, device will switch to data connection if Wi-Fi signal is consistently poor
Fixed crashes for Line
Increased stability of the Camera app
Optimized exposure when taking night time photos
Updated Audio Parameters and improved the quality of audio recordings
Updated APN settings for select carriers
Amazon Prime App will be pre-installed for India Users
"

"***Known Issues and Fixes
Wi-Fi disconnections
If you experience frequent WiFi disconnections, please go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Configure WiFi (Top right hand corner) > Scroll to bottom of the page and check the IP address format (IPv4 = Single line, IPv6 = Multiple lines)> If the IP address is IPv6 based, then turn off the IPv6 Support toggle and see if the disconnections stop.
If you experience frequent WiFi disconnections due to switches between WiFi and data, please try turning off the Smart Wi-Fi Switcher at Settings > Wi-Fi > Configure WiFi and see if the disconnections stop
"

For more information see...

OxygenOS 4.0.3 (N) OTA for OnePlus 3

OxygenOS 4.0.3 (N) OTA for OnePlus 3T

If you cannot wait for this update to be rolled out to you...

How to Get the Official Android 7.0 Nougat Update on Your OnePlus 3/3T Right Away

ben55124

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Improving low light pictures would address what most of the pixel comparisons complain about.

Is installing Amazon stuff normal for India users? I hope OnePlus doesn't resort to flipping their phones to Amazon "with offers" phones.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up, I'm currently running unrooted with a stock recovery (feelsbadman) so I may as well install it now...

The inclusion of the Amazon app concerns me... It's only in India, but I read the words "for now" after that.

Edit: using a VPN to Germany/Canada appears to not work at the minute...

Last edited:

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Of course I had taken the initiative to do a FDR on my phone the night before this was announced. And I had begun the tedious process of starting my phone from scratch. Then, I stumbled across this info yesterday morning, and naturally, had to enable the VPN option to snag it from Canada. But I was already hours into the setup process from the FDR the night before.

I installed 4.0.3 and wiped the system cache, then continued with my installation and tweaking process. At some point later in the day it became apparent that my hotspot would turn itself off after just a few minutes. Also, my gestures (which were enabled) did not work. While a reboot cleared the gesture issue, the hotspot issue remains.

Earlier (on 4.0.1 I believe), I had an instance where the hotspot would turn itself off after a few minutes of streaming WatchESPN to my iPad. After re-enabling the hotspot and having the same thing occur several times in a row, I gave up on WatchESPN. All other hotspot activity (which connects my wifi iPad... for checking email, watching Youtube, etc.) functioned normally with no interruptions. So I figured that was a fluke.

Now, after the update to 4.0.3, I am getting continuous hotspot interruptions every few minutes. I've scanned through the various settings wondering if there's a timeout somewhere that I overlooked (such as the one that turns off the hotspot after 5 minutes if no device is connected), but haven't found any other control over the hotspot connection. And the one that exists cannot be modified, to the best of my knowledge. So I don't know if my OP3 doesn't recognize that another device is connected and shuts it down (I haven't timed it, but 5 minutes might be pretty close) or just what is up. I see multiple complaints about the hotspot issue over at the OP forums and the OP subReddit. So I guess I'm not alone.

Regardless, short of any other info, in hopes of fixing the hotspot issue, I may be facing another FDR now that I'm pretty well set back up after a couple days of effort.

Oh well. At least I got f2fs out of the FDR. :D

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I've piddled with the hotspot issue and believe I have it resolved, although I'm puzzled why I had to find a workaround.

Regardless, if anyone else has a problem with the hotspot switching itself off after ~5 minutes, here's what I did to fix my hotspot. I went into settings/wireless & networks/more/tethering & portable hotspot/set up wi-fi hotspot and simply changed the Network name from OnePlus3 to OP3. (you can also choose either the 2.4 or the 5 GHz band and I chose the 5).

After applying the name change, my hotspot stayed alive until I killed it over 12 minutes later. Earlier, it seemed that ~5 minutes was the timeout limit where it would shut itself off.

I'm happy this appears to be a simple fix... just puzzled why it's needed in the first place.

Hope this helps someone else that experiences the hotspot timeout issue.

Last edited:

Steemlives

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I just got the update. Let's see if I see any improvements. I wasn't having any issues prior just not the best battery life.

mabr82

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has been great.

If using the camera then find a bit quicker drain, otherwise no issues

Downloading the update now

Steemlives

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
My battery life has been great.

If using the camera then find a bit quicker drain, otherwise no issues

Downloading the update now

I was barley able to reach 3 hours of SOT on 4.0.2 actually so I'll report later tonight if there's any improvement. Thus far it's looking promising. down to 95% so far. Before I would easily be in the 70's... maybe the prior WiFi issue that is resolved in this update had something to do with my battery drain.

andy2141

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
How long does the OTA update take to install?

I purchased a OnePlus 3T yesterday which arrived today. Did the standard device setup, charged to 100% and then accepted the OTA which was about 1.3GB from memory.

The file downloaded fine, got to 100% and I then clicked reboot. The progress bar then got stuck on "installing update" and only moved a little way across. I left the device for a good hour with no movement.

After a live chat with support they advised rebooting. I then got update failed. The device is now stuck at the 1+ boot screen.

Tried recovery and wipe/clear cache etc but the phone is having none of it.

My carrier is sending a replacement tomorrow. Kinda nervous about installing the update again for fear of the same thing happening. I'm sure I left it long enough.

I'm sure downloading it via a laptop and flashing it manually will sort it but didn't want to mess with a brand new device.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
How long does the OTA update take to install?

I purchased a OnePlus 3T yesterday which arrived today. Did the standard device setup, charged to 100% and then accepted the OTA which was about 1.3GB from memory.

The file downloaded fine, got to 100% and I then clicked reboot. The progress bar then got stuck on "installing update" and only moved a little way across. I left the device for a good hour with no movement.

After a live chat with support they advised rebooting. I then got update failed. The device is now stuck at the 1+ boot screen.

Tried recovery and wipe/clear cache etc but the phone is having none of it.

My carrier is sending a replacement tomorrow. Kinda nervous about installing the update again for fear of the same thing happening. I'm sure I left it long enough.

I'm sure downloading it via a laptop and flashing it manually will sort it but didn't want to mess with a brand new device.

Any problems... then you can download and flash the firmware update yourself by using the instructions and download from OnePlus in...

OnePlus 3T OxygenOS 4.0.3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463