Widgets don't update after 7.x...Annoying.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Well its not a huge deal breaker but my clock and weather widgets from HD and Beautiful widgets no longer update with the current firmware...I have tried changing the theme, reinstalling the app, replacing it back onto my launcher and so on. VERY annoying but has anyone else seen this? On OP's forums people are seeing it as well. They say changing the theme fixes it but not for me...Anyways I'm not to sure truthfully.

Any thoughts? OOS Launcher and its fully stock with no custom ROMs or anything.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Just a thought... have you made sure to exclude all widgets from, "Aggressive doze & app hibernation"?

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Another thought: make sure your recent app management is using normal clear and not deep clear.

Settings/System/Advanced/Recent app management

ben55124

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Make sure Location (settings) is turned on. I recall location was turned off after N update for me - took awhile to figure out why weather apps weren't updating.

nitink

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Settings > battery >4 dots and then add the app as below
c4a09afe8d07b2e04b4ffd73641e8885.jpg

nitink

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Basically they need to be not optimized. Same happened with my bobclock widget which stopped updating after 4.0.3 and then it worked after I added the app as above

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
My GPS is on. I have it set to GPS Only. However it still does not update. The clock even doesn't update the time....I have added the apps to the doze list as well and no dice. Last night I just updated to 4.0.3...May try it again to see if it works alright.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure you know the usual trouble shooting tricks:
1) wipe the system cache from the stock recovery
and if that fails to fix the issue,
2) backup your data and perform a factory reset and set up as new.

I'm betting you won't have to go the nuclear choice (2), but I could be wrong. ;)

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure you know the usual trouble shooting tricks:
1) wipe the system cache from the stock recovery
and if that fails to fix the issue,
2) backup your data and perform a factory reset and set up as new.

I'm betting you won't have to go the nuclear choice (2), but I could be wrong. ;)

Long story short I factory reset the damn thing. I didn't mean too but I did. Don't ask how! In any case let see how things go from here.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Lol. I factory reset mine a few days ago. Intentionally. Even though I have f2fs now, I don't really notice any speed difference. And I'm not aware of any issues I had before that a FDR fixed. But yeah, I FDR'd my phone the night BEFORE 4.0.3 came out. Go figure. ;)

So let me know when you would like the next software upgrade and I'll be sure to FDR the night before so you can be sure when it will come out. :D

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Lol. I factory reset mine a few days ago. Intentionally. Even though I have f2fs now, I don't really notice any speed difference. And I'm not aware of any issues I had before that a FDR fixed. But yeah, I FDR'd my phone the night BEFORE 4.0.3 came out. Go figure. ;)

So let me know when you would like the next software upgrade and I'll be sure to FDR the night before so you can be sure when it will come out. :D

HAHA! Very nice. Thus far it seems to have done the trick. So the Cache reset would have worked I think. I just went to fast! Oh well. I'm glad its working. Should have my apps back to normally here within a few days. Small price to pay for an annoying issue! :)

Thanks again!

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I wish the FDR wasn't so painful. I dread it every time I do it because I invariably tinker with settings/apps/app customizations, etc. from time to time and trying to remember what all I've tinkered with is impossible. So I guess if I don't miss it, I didn't need it in the first place. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma