Photos transfer from Oneplus 3T to HP computer

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about transferring photos from your current phone to the computer, so that you can transfer them to the new phone? It's pretty straightforward to transfer files -- just connect the phone via USB, swipe down the notification panel and tap the USB icon to make sure MTP is selected, and then use Windows Explorer to drag and drop files.

I would also strongly recommend Google Photos Auto Backup: https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6193313?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en

msgray2u

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
Yes that's correct. thank you B. Diddy. Right now....everything is backup to Verizon cloud and I'm leaving Verizon. Just want to make sure I don't lose my photos and contacts. so I can transfer from Galaxy 4s to Oneplus 3T. Also I noticed 1P3T uses a different charge/usb cords. And I won;t be able to use current USB cords

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The problem with cloud services like Verizon Cloud is that it might be hard to use that stored data once you leave Verizon. That's why it's a much better idea to use Google Drive and Google Photos to backup/sync your data. You may want to use Google Photos to backup all of your photos right now: https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6193313?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en. Once they're backed up to your Google Photos in the cloud, you can access them from any device that's logged into your Google account, and you can download any of those photos locally if you need the actual files.

Are your contacts also backed up to Verizon Cloud? Do you know if the original contacts are also saved to your Google account? Go to contacts.google.com on your computer browser and see if the contacts are there. If so, then they'll sync automatically to the new phone once you log into it with the same Google account. It's trickier if those contacts were saved only to the Verizon account or to the local Phone account, because those accounts don't sync to Google. The Verizon account syncs to the Verizon Cloud, and as I mentioned, you might have problems accessing it once you leave Verizon. The local Phone account doesn't sync anywhere. For those accounts, you'd have to try exporting the contacts to a .vcf file, then importing that file into your Google Contacts, as discussed here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...-android-updated-2016-nougat.html#post3707512

The OnePlus 3T has a USB-C port, so if the phone doesn't come with a USB-C to USB-A cable (USB-A is the older, more common port), then you can buy one easily to connect the phone to your computer. This will let you transfer files from the computer to the new phone via USB connection.

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Never trust a single point of backup on an Android phone, especially one controlled by a carrier. I make 4 different backups of my phone before doing any migration or factory reset. I use SMS Backup and Restore for text messages. I backup Contacts by saving all my contacts as a VCF. And then I use Lithium to make a full phone backup (although it didn't restore very much when I tried it).

You can connect your Galaxy S4 to your PC and copy all the photos, music, videos, etc. yourself. You don't need a 3rd party or cloud service to help you with this.

There is no one service or app that backs up everything.

Last edited:

msgray2u

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
B. Diddy
thank you so much. I'll getting my phone next week. So backing up everything as your suggested. Yes my photos are backup up to my computer but not my contacts. Will do that today. Grateful for your teaching session. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance