• Image location will be displayed on grid view
  • Media can be grouped by month and year
  • Folders and individual media can be hidden
  • General bug fixes
Known Issues and Fixes
  • Android pay not able to work on London TFL/Tube
  • This can be resolved by updating the app via Play store
  • Compatability issues with certain third party apps

Warning: Beta releases are test firmwares to offer feedback to OnePlus and may, or may not, always be stable and are for experienced and competent users.

If you flash this Beta firmware you will no longer receive stock OnePlus updates in future.

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure!" ;)

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Have you lost any functionality that you know of (being in the beta channel)?

Does OP still call the beta releases community builds?

Since I'll likely FDR when the stable 7.1.1 comes out, I find myself tempted to move over to the beta channel. Tempted. But cautious (heeding your tag line). ;)

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
About time they released something with a security patch from this year!

Hopefully the stable channel will see this update before the end of march.

Switchmas is only two days away though, so I'll probably be too occupied to care anyway.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Have you lost any functionality that you know of (being in the beta channel)?

Does OP still call the beta releases community builds?

Since I'll likely FDR when the stable 7.1.1 comes out, I find myself tempted to move over to the beta channel. Tempted. But cautious (heeding your tag line). ;)

No functionality lost and extended screenshot is on the Beta builds. See my post, above.

Formally called, "Community Builds", and now, "Open Beta".

Thankfully, the OnePlus Beta build releases have been stable thus far. A full wipe is needed if coming from the stable release. I also suggest rooting, TWRP custom recovery and Titanium Backup Pro but these are not essential.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
No functionality lost and extended screenshot is on the Beta builds. See my post, above.

Formally called, "Community Builds", and now, "Open Beta".

Thankfully, the OnePlus Beta build releases have been stable thus far. A full wipe is needed if coming from the stable release. I also suggest rooting, TWRP custom recovery and Titanium Backup Pro but these are not essential.

Thanks. Has it been your practice to OTA the OB? Or do you do a fresh install everytime?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. Has it been your practice to OTA the OB? Or do you do a fresh install everytime?

I am rooted and have TWRP custom recovery installed and so I download and flash the FULL, 1.4GB, Beta firmware via TWRP and flash SuperSU, before booting but after a cache partition wipe in recovery. OTA is only for stock recovery users who are coming from a previous Beta build.

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
About time they released something with a security patch from this year!

Hopefully the stable channel will see this update before the end of march.

Switchmas is only two days away though, so I'll probably be too occupied to care anyway.

I second that. I'm of the opinion that if Google sees fit to release a security patch every month, then no manufacturer should be more than 2 months behind on theirs.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I second that. I'm of the opinion that if Google sees fit to release a security patch every month, then no manufacturer should be more than 2 months behind on theirs.

I have 2 colleagues who have Samsung Galaxy S7 Edges on U.K. carriers for EE and Vodafone. Not only are they still on the Dec: 2016 security patch but they haven't received Android Nougat yet. :(

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 colleagues who have Samsung Galaxy S7 Edges on U.K. carriers for EE and Vodafone. Not only are they still on the Dec: 2016 security patch but they haven't received Android Nougat yet. :(

I like to think of EE as our Verizon... They're not quite as ****ty as Verizon seem to be, but they try their hardest.

Personally I think 2 months behind is decent and 3 is acceptable for the security patches. More than that is a bit much.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
While I may still be on the Dec2016 security patch, at least it's not a year out of date like my former (older) flagship the OP3 replaced. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12