What type of sim card does OP3T use?

msgray2u

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
I need your help again.

I'm currently with Verizon, so I know I need to switch to either At&T, T-Mobile before I get my OP3T. I purchased a Straight Talk kit yesterday and ported my number over as I planned to purchase my OP3T this week.
Problem #1 is "Straight talk rep said I can't use the AT&T sim card because I have a Verizon phone, must use the Verizon sim card. The package came with a nano sim card and adapter to use.

Problem #2 The adapter was broken in the process, now I can't find an adapter for
the nano sim card. Basically just lost $64.

Problem #3 I can't use the Verizon sim card cause they don't support the OP3T. I want to transfer to a network that support OP3T and keep my number. What type of sim card does the OP3T have? Is it a nano sim card? Yeah I know I should have stuck with my gut and switched to Cricket wireless instead of straight talk. Based on suggestion from forums, I gathered I could just insert the AT&T sim card and bingo I'm ready. PLEASE HELP ME. Thanks

Don_Henry

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I need your help again.

I'm currently with Verizon, so I know I need to switch to either At&T, T-Mobile before I get my OP3T. I purchased a Straight Talk kit yesterday and ported my number over as I planned to purchase my OP3T this week.
Problem #1 is "Straight talk rep said I can't use the AT&T sim card because I have a Verizon phone, must use the Verizon sim card. The package came with a nano sim card and adapter to use.

Problem #2 The adapter was broken in the process, now I can't find an adapter for
the nano sim card. Basically just lost $64.

Problem #3 I can't use the Verizon sim card cause they don't support the OP3T. I want to transfer to a network that support OP3T and keep my number. What type of sim card does the OP3T have? Is it a nano sim card? Yeah I know I should have stuck with my gut and switched to Cricket wireless instead of straight talk. Based on suggestion from forums, I gathered I could just insert the AT&T sim card and bingo I'm ready. PLEASE HELP ME. Thanks

@msgray - first of all, the 3T uses Nano SIM, so if you get a nano SIM from the carrier, you don't need an adapter.

When you receive the 3T:
1) take the device to AT&T or Cricket (or have the IMEI number from the 3T with you)
2) set up your account with them, tell them you want to port your current Verizon number over
3) tell them you need a nano SIM
4) once the new account is active, insert the nano SIM into the 3T
5) if you have already opened an account with Straight Talk - close it out.

That's it - actually very easy - my only other suggestion is do not let the AT&T or Cricket store rep install the SIM card. Nano SIM is very small and somewhat delicate - if they damage your 3T, they will not be responsible.

I hope this helps.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Actually, AT&T will give you a free nano SIM card. I assume Cricket will do the same, since they are owned by AT&T. I had to get one from AT&T since my GS4 uses a micro SIM card.

msgray2u

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
Don_Henry
Man I love you....... thank you soooooooooooooooooooooo much for your helpful answers. God bless you. I'm on my way to Cricket now to port my number over. Once I'm using my phone, then I'll order my 3T

msgray

ben55124

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Cricket shipped me a SIM that can be perforated out to a regular / micro / nano sim -- so I would guess they ship these to everyone. Since cricket is ATT exclusive, there will be no trying to convince you to stay on Verizon towers. I have found the cricket online site capable of handling setup and transfering numbers. If you go to a cricket store, I think they are privately owned franchises so you may be buying yourself an extra middle man.

msgray2u

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
I did to to the Cricket store yesterday at 4pm and my phone is not finding the SIM card. Was on the phone with Customer service rep for 45 minutes as well as the store person. Its 8:20pm EST and I've been without service for 24hrs now. Have to go back or call them tomorrow. I'm already frustrated with now without service.

ben55124

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Try factory resetting the phone? I've had my OP3 on cricket since purchase. When I powered it on with the cricket SIM, all the configurations were automatic. The only thing I had to do was get cricket's visual voicemail app from the play store.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
APN settings are for data services, and won't effect the actual cellular signal.

It sounds like either the SIM hasn't been activated, or is faulty (or the slot on the phone is faulty, try a known good SIM if one is available).

It can take up to 24 hours for a SIM to get activated (that's the UK standard time frame though) if it's been longer than that your best bet would be to just take it to the network operators shop and let them sort it out for you.