Audio issue during video calls

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm facing Audio issues during video calls, through whatsapp, Skype and hangouts.

The other person isn't able to hear my voice, but I can hear them. The video is very clear though.

I've tried with and without case, but have the same result.

My Nexus 6 and iPhone 6 have no such issues, which makes me think that its a problem with the phone.

Any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Regular calls are fine, though? It might be an issue with the phone's secondary mic (at the top of the phone). That mic opening could be blocked or clogged by something, or the mic itself might be faulty. Try recording a standard video with sound, then play back the video and listen using headphones. Is one channel completely silent? If so, then the secondary mic (which was being used for stereo recording) is the problem.

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
No problems in calls on speakerphone or videos. I shot quite a few videos of my daughter and they sound good.

Will check the secondary mic. Thanks for the suggestion.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
if speakerphone calls and recorded video audio is normal, then it sounds like the secondary mic is fine. Try selecting any one of those apps in Settings>Apps, tap Permissions, and make sure it has Microphone permission.

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
The issue is not yet resolved. They hear the audio at times, even that's with disturbances. No such issues when I use iphone or nexus 6.

Tried all apps like Skype, Duo, Hangouts & whatsapp.

Davide TecnoHelp

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
The issue is not yet resolved. They hear the audio at times, even that's with disturbances. No such issues when I use iphone or nexus 6.

Tried all apps like Skype, Duo, Hangouts & whatsapp.

Hello, I've same issue with my Samsung Galaxy s4 with rros39, lineage14, slim, cyanogenmod13 and relative pico-nano gapps.

It works only with headphone.

Why?

Thanks
Davide!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have same issue Huawei mate 10 lite mobile (botim ,took,WhatsApp) any suggestions tell me
I think you should make a new thread about this as your phone is a Huawei and this is a OnePlus thread and it is a 2 years old thread. You would get better help posting in the Huawei forums or the general ask a question thread.