Keyboard Lagging on OnePlus 3

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I've been experiencing some annoying lag in the keyboard lately on my OnePlus 3. It's running the latest OS and all apps are updated.
The problem is especially apparent in Facebook Messenger but I have also noticed it in other apps like Google search. When I go to start inputting text the keyboard will sometimes take up to 30 seconds to finally show up. Meanwhile I have a flashing cursor in the text area the whole time. Once it shows up the keyboard works perfectly well, it's just the delay in showing up initially that's the problem.
Does anybody have any suggested fixes? Thanks in advance!
Oh and I'm using the Google keyboard.

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
It check your network at the moment of the problem occurring. Google keyboard has added a bunch of nonsense features, like search, and it may be stalling due to packet drops. For example, does it only occur while home in wifi? Then disable wifi and try with only cell service.

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I've had the chance to try it on several wifi networks and on my carrier's network. The problem seems to surface regardless unfortunately.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had the chance to try it on several wifi networks and on my carrier's network. The problem seems to surface regardless unfortunately.

I would start with a cache wipe of Gboard. If not, then wipe the cache of the phone. And lastly wipe the data of the app.

Or just wipe the phones cache first since it's pretty harmless.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm